TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve got a Megan racing exhaust installed, and I have an hks catless dp that I was debating on either installing or selling... would love to put it on but afraid it might be too loud. Not sure if Megan racing exhaust is a helmholtz design like oem, but does anybody have this combo that can lend some insight?? Thanks!
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No personal experience with that exhaust but if you're worried about it being too loud and you're happy with where you're at, just get a catted DP instead. There is very little difference in power.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
I’ve got a Megan racing exhaust installed, and I have an hks catless dp that I was debating on either installing or selling... would love to put it on but afraid it might be too loud. Not sure if Megan racing exhaust is a helmholtz design like oem, but does anybody have this combo that can lend some insight?? Thanks!
If you are worried about sounding loud, DO NOT get a catless DP, you will regret as it may be too loud with any aftermarket exhaust.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I know another owner who has it, and it drone so bad that is scary , so if that your concern I won't recommend it.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Best thing you can do for drone is throw a vibrant ultra quiet resonator on your exhaust if it's too bad. As for the loudness, it will get louder but not a crazy amount louder. It is usually the drone that kills it for people with these cars.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
yikes, looks like ill be selling the DP then.
I would replace the exhaust in the future and I will keep the downpipe in my opinion.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
That is certainly an option also, I was debating on getting rid of catless and going catted thinking it might be quieter.
If is a high flow catted downpipe wont be any noticeable difference in sound vs catless downpipe.
Now if you planning to install the stock OEM downpipe yes it will sound muffled .

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If is a high flow catted downpipe wont be any noticeable difference in sound vs catless downpipe.
Now if you planning to install the stock OEM downpipe yes it will sound muffled .
That was a question of mine, whether the catted dp and non catted dp sound the same. I am currently running stock downpipe/midpipe. GOnna hold on to the catless for now until i tune. In the meantime i think im gonna get a midpipe to finish off the exhaust for now.
Sponsored