First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2018
Country flag
Hi,

This has been my go to place for my civics related questions, you have all been very helpful.
And I dont wanna spam this forum with stupid questions but sadly, I cannot find the answers to my questions anywhere.

So I end up having to ask here, grateful for all the answers btw!

So I will be installing (hopefully) new front headlights to my Civic Hatchback, I ordered them today, and after sending them a question,
they sent me an installation guide, which is way more compelx then I originally anticipated.

These are Plug & Play headlights, which I thought means, easy cable swap installation and just plugging few connectors and BAM, they should work.
Right? Or is that a misunderstanding on my part?

They sent me the following images, please have a look, it would be awesome to get some info about the installation, I dont wanna solder anything on my own, so I hope it's just another method of installing em ( didnt find anything on youtube installing these exact headlights)

Honda Civic 10th gen Any headlight installation wizard? Civic Hatchback 10th gen instalation-3
complete image upload

Honda Civic 10th gen Any headlight installation wizard? Civic Hatchback 10th gen instalation-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Any headlight installation wizard? Civic Hatchback 10th gen instalation-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Any headlight installation wizard? Civic Hatchback 10th gen installation-4

Any insight is very appreciated.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The hardest part is bumper removal which isn’t hard. The plugs won’t fit the wrong one. It’s hard to screw that up. Just be careful on the tabs. The brackets from stock one is reused.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Plenty of YouTube videos on this.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
if these are the same one's or even close to the Suma performance ones use to sell...than install should be very straightfoward, no need to solder anything. I had the Suma ones but some idiot backed into me and destroyed my front end and headlights.

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if these are the same one's or even close to the Suma performance ones use to sell...than install should be very straightfoward, no need to solder anything. I had the Suma ones but some idiot backed into me and destroyed my front end and headlights.
Ahh that has to suck so hard, thank you for additional informations =) very helpful.

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, do you have full LED lights in front? If so, they should be self leveling, how would these new ones behave? Just like any halogen lamp i guess, with the adjustments to be done manually (i see the two white places where to adjust the position)

Cnelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic ex hatch, 2015 F150 XLT
Country flag
yes, these are the same setup as Suma and they are plug and play. the devil eyes may be illegal in your state so look that up. if so you can just skip them.

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes, these are the same setup as Suma and they are plug and play. the devil eyes may be illegal in your state so look that up. if so you can just skip them.
Thank you, currently having some shipment issues, person who is sending them to me wants "english adress" even tho I am from Czech Republic lol, I cant seem to explain to him that is not possible. I was reading on devil eyes and I cannot seem to find any information when it comes to legality in my country, what is not okay is fully red angel rings up front, but my lights will glow normally white led color, devil eye is only an option as far as I know, so even if they were illegal, I can just turn em off. Thank you for the info!

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, do you have full LED lights in front? If so, they should be self leveling, how would these new ones behave? Just like any halogen lamp i guess, with the adjustments to be done manually (i see the two white places where to adjust the position)
Currently I have halogens up front and I will be switching them for the LEDs.
And yeah I will have to adjust them a bit.
Thank you!

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Currently I have halogens up front and I will be switching them for the LEDs.
And yeah I will have to adjust them a bit.
Thank you!
Oh cool, so you shouldn’t have any issues with the leveling system… yeah aligning them might be a pain in the ass but once you get them right you’re good ;)

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh cool, so you shouldn’t have any issues with the leveling system… yeah aligning them might be a pain in the ass but once you get them right you’re good ;)
Honestly can't wait to get em installed, but everything I try so far has been running head first into problems, I ordered a different pair originally, didnt arrive because of weight, cancelled, got my money back and now ordered these ones, now they telling me they want my adress in english, which would be fine, but like, I am in czech republic, so how do I fricking google translate an actual real life adress, hopefully they will ship it, I gave them some extra info now.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have these headlights and I like them. I do not have a HB however.

Side note: before installing them, pull the plugs out of the back and ensure that all connections are together.

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have these headlights and I like them. I do not have a HB however.

Side note: before installing them, pull the plugs out of the back and ensure that all connections are together.
Can you elaborate a bit more about the connections? I confirmed with the seller, these fit my HB, they just dont have it listed in their "compatible" vehicles part, not sure why, they dont list 1.0L engines there, but the package is now on its way, hopefully it will arrive this time around.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you elaborate a bit more about the connections? I confirmed with the seller, these fit my HB, they just dont have it listed in their "compatible" vehicles part, not sure why, they dont list 1.0L engines there, but the package is now on its way, hopefully it will arrive this time around.
On the back there is a compartment that’s the size of a half dollar. Unscrew it and pull the wires out. Make sure they are all connected to their partner wire.
Mine were not and I installed them o Lu to take them out.
All is well now. Just wanted you to make sure they dot give you issues.
Oh and definitely adjust them down! I drove early AM yesterday and got the flash high beams from a good 20 people. They are bright as hell !
It is all plug n play. Gonna take you longer to pull the bumper.
Sponsored