Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
And to me, it's a real crime. After having both Hondata and Ktuner, it's pretty clear this CVT is pretty robust. The weak link in our base turbo CVT combo is more likely to be the rods.

There are tons of tuned CVT turbos out there and all we get are base tunes. I'm willing to throw money at the first generic, more powerful aftermarket tune designed for us. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just give me the same low / midrange driveability plus more top end than the KTuner base 21, and I'll be happy.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And to me, it's a real crime. After having both Hondata and Ktuner, it's pretty clear this CVT is pretty robust. The weak link in our base turbo CVT combo is more likely to be the rods.

There are tons of tuned CVT turbos out there and all we get are base tunes. I'm willing to throw money at the first generic, more powerful aftermarket tune designed for us. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just give me more top end than the KTuner base 21, and I'll be happy.
Rods and just the cvt in general. Can’t hold more than 250wtq anymore puts it at risk

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Just give me more top end than the KTuner base 21, and I'll be happy.
It's coming GTman! :headbang:

B.Pham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Country flag
Ive heard that Two Step Performance is working on it but i dont know exactly how long and when. They even test out with couple cars and see how well it performs too.
Anyway what mods do you guys have in performance wise. I had 3” dp, cai and a tune

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Two Step is certainly being coy about this tune. You'd think they'd be posting updates on the testing and progress and such to get all of us CVT guys excited. The silence is very odd and makes me wonder if this CVT tune is nothing but smoke and mirrors vaporware. I don't think there's been a single official post about it from TSP.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two Step is certainly being coy about this tune. You'd think they'd be posting updates on the testing and progress and such to get all of us CVT guys excited. The silence is very odd and makes me wonder if this CVT tune is nothing but smoke and mirrors vaporware. I don't think there's been a single official post about it from TSP.
Myx is the one that is testing it for then right now.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I know, just surprising TSP and IMW are so mum on this.

On a personal note, since I was the one to bring up the aftermarket CVT tune idea last October (even contacted TSP about the possibility), I guess I was bummed I wasn't asked to beta test it. Oh well, water under the bridge at this point. Anxiously awaiting to hear about the final numbers with this tune.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I know, just surprising TSP and IMW are so mum on this.

On a personal note, since I was the one to bring up the aftermarket CVT tune idea last October (even contacted TSP about the possibility), I guess I was bummed I wasn't asked to beta test it. Oh well, water under the bridge at this point. Anxiously awaiting to hear about the final numbers with this tune.
Lol well this is mainly DRob doing most of the work since he is the tuner. Why advertise when it's not even done. It took them a while to even release the Si TSP stage 1 tune let alone the stage 2 that came later on. Even non Si cars that are 6 speed not cvt's don't have tsp stage 1 or 2 tunes yet.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. Yeah, I guess I'm just looking forward to a top end that doesn't fizzle out like the base KTuner tunes. :)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point. Yeah, I guess I'm just looking forward to a top end that doesn't fizzle out like the base KTuner tunes. :)
Well it is a stock turbo lol so technically power will die down on top end regardless.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the quick adjustments and low end driveability of the Ktuner tune versus my Hondata tune, but, no question the Hondata tune felt more potent on the top end. And I'm not the only one that's mentioned that. I have a few PM conversations going on with other members saying the same thing.

Same thing the Si guys have said comparing the Ktuner base tunes to the TSP 1. Check out what this guy says starting at the 2:40 mark.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do like the quick adjustments and low end driveability of the Ktuner tune versus my Hondata tune, but, no question the Hondata tune felt more potent on the top end. And I'm not the only one that's mentioned that. I have a few PM conversations going on with other members saying the same thing.

Same thing the Si guys have said comparing the Ktuner base tunes to the TSP 1. Check out what this guy says starting at the 2:40 mark.

I get it lol. Should just get the W1 turbo and your top end will be crazy

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any word on a TSP stage 1 tune for the CVT on hondata? @Two Step Performance if not i can be *cough cough* guinea pig ;):):)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag