Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you able to go into the Ktuner settings and change more than just the Quick Adjustments? And what is the recommended Octane for the Ktuner tune? It's clear that the tune itself makes a world of difference, Peak HP is significantly higher and your torque doesn't fall off near as hard up top as it did stock. Awesome stuff
Yeah there's a ton of things you can adjust and tweak to how you want your car to run. I'm not knowledgeable on how to tune a car. I understand the basics of what needs to be done but I do not know how to do it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any tunes for the 2.0L yet? 123123

91 minimum octane is required to run correctly. I'm guessing there's additional timing added that requires the higher octane to prevent detonation conditions. I always run 93 personally but 91 would work just fine. I ran 87 with the tune since that was the only available gas at the station I went to and the car bogged down a little bit. No codes or damage was done but it didn't like the 87 since it's used to the 93.

The biggest plus for me is the throttle response adjustment, the lowered i-VTEC engagement (6300rpm engagement with a 6700rpm redline factory tuned is pointless) to 5600rpm since mine's the CVT, and the gains up top.

Also I think the base map tune from KTuner pushes the redline to 7000rpm which is nice although there's no gains to be had near that figure. These engines can't rev out to the Hondas of old where you could bounce off the rev limiter at 8500rpm with no issues.

I'll make a post when I get my custom tune because it's going to be a lot of information.

Hope this helps!

-Rob
Sponsored

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know! Yeah, Ktuner didn't lock / they unlocked that tune, which means someone with more knowledge could go in and tweak things further. While you're right there's little to be had around/past 7k rpm, I figure with some better valve springs, rockers, more fuel, and a good tune you might could see power past 7k? Not sure if that's how it works or not.

Regardless, if someone knew what they were doing and knew the limits of stock internals, you could probably squeeze a little more power out with a more optimal 93 octane tune.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
@Civic_rob so the throttle response II makes a big difference? I am also Ktuned (2.0L CVT) but on whatever the default value is for Throttle Response.
It does, yes.. but if you do a lot of stop & go traffic (like school car lines and creeping traffic) it'll be a bit jerky. I left my throttle response alone and still enjoy TF outta driving ?

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
when your in the ktuner software at the beginning of a new tune theres k20c2 MT CX and the C16 both work in my car but the MT C16 has no throttle padding option and the VTEC is better but the car runs better overall on the CX one

my question is i guess whats the difference are these for two different cars? and what is throttle padding?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is throttle padding even available on the 2.0NA tune?

Throttle padding (manual transmission only) is useful when you've done the rev hang delete. It can help smooth things out.

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
Is throttle padding even available on the 2.0NA tune?

Throttle padding (manual transmission only) is useful when you've done the rev hang delete. It can help smooth things out.
yup on the CX its available not the C16

what setting did you put yours on and why? and do you have to reset the whole tune to change this?

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
yup on the CX its available not the C16

what setting did you put yours on and why? and do you have to reset the whole tune to change this?
Yes it’s on the 2.0L … yes you need to reflash for throttle padding changes … normal is most aggressive engine braking
Medium is less engine braking and soft has least amount of engine braking with some rev hang built in …
Sponsored