Pairing aftermarket exhaust with CVT

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So as most of us know, there are minimal if ANY gains at all when it comes to aftermarket exhausts on this platform (excluding front pipe/DP). Aftermarket exhausts are pretty much purely for SOUND. That being said, I am unsure about getting an aftermarket exhaust because I own a CVT. I'm unsure if I would really enjoy the SOUND of an aftermarket exhaust note with the CVT holding at constant RPM's with no shift points. I know you guys have opinions on this...let 'em fly!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Metal_Hatch

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Use ur paddles m8
Glad you mentioned paddle shifters, as I am lucky enough to have them on my ST and I do use them from time to time. But I definitely will not be using them all the time, and also what about those with CVT that aren't fortunate enough to have paddles?

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
all personal pref. would you like to hear exhaust note and turbo spool?

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So as most of us know, there are minimal if ANY gains at all when it comes to aftermarket exhausts on this platform (excluding front pipe/DP). Aftermarket exhausts are pretty much purely for SOUND. That being said, I am unsure about getting an aftermarket exhaust because I own a CVT. I'm unsure if I would really enjoy the SOUND of an aftermarket exhaust note with the CVT holding at constant RPM's with no shift points. I know you guys have opinions on this...let 'em fly!!
@Metal_Hatch I have a CVT and one of the unintended side affects of installing an aftermarket exhaust is I can hear my car starting when I am farther away instead of just guessing if my car actually started or not. This has become my favorite part of installing an aftermarket exhaust system on my CVT civic. Driving around in D doesn't sound the best when the RPMs are low but when I am in S the exhaust sounds nice when accelerating and engine braking and I can make my exhaust pop pretty nice in L. Please note I am not running an exhaust built for the civic and these are just my opinions.

Kento.fk7

First Name
Kenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback
Any drone with the exhaust with the cvt?

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Ran greddy sp for about a year. It droned in lower rpm and became irritating after a while. I felt like I started developing tinnitus. Its louder in the morning when the engine is cold, and gwts better when warm. Ended up going back to stock and I haven't looked back. Even if it was manual, I dont want to live with that nvh.
Sponsored