A problem with my fk8

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Way back in the day I remember finding it interesting that my Mazda MX-3 GS had a little “button” on the doors that said “Touch” for this very purpose. Man, early 90’s Japanese cars were so quirky and cool
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Sorry I thought you were joking! Never had any problems. Stock carpet floor mats. You wearing nylon socks or shoes or something?
Half and half, but it does get pretty bad. Just imagine every time you get off the car and get shocked as touching the car door. I have 3D max floor mats and OEM seats, how can it be so bad. It's only summer now, i can't imagine how much worse it will get in winter.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
No, it really happens, like 80% of time. I have the 3D Max floor mats and OEM seats, wearing normal shorts and running shoes.

Fortunately, I just found a free solution online - Before getting up and out of the seat, keep my hand on the any part of the body (my choice would be the door latch on the body) :thumbsup: It would definitely slow down my car exit by 1 sec or so, but I rather it than having unexpected shock :headbang:

PS - I never had this issue with any car before, that's why I am fairly curious about this

Sorry I thought you were joking! Never had any problems. Stock carpet floor mats. You wearing nylon socks or shoes or something?

xc1v1cx

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2011 Civic Si was horrible with shocking me every time I got out of the car. You could hear an audible "pop" as the door zapped you. I noticed it as well on the CTR, but I haven't had an issue since I swapped out the stock floor mats for the all season rubber ones.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Side note, I would not expect this issue in the summer when humidity tends to be higher.

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
I lived in a very dry climate one time, learned to live with the shocks. Light switches, cars, hell even first touch from the water coming out of the sink.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
yes i would have all those shocking experience in winter here, however only at home though never had it in any of my cars b4. Thats why its not fair now i am having it in Summer and in my beloved FK8, so i am having shocking experience all year around now, no break from it! lol

I lived in a very dry climate one time, learned to live with the shocks. Light switches, cars, hell even first touch from the water coming out of the sink.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Try this: when getting out of the car, use your right hand and grabbed the a-pillar as support before you get out of the seat.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Static also happens when the air is particularly dry. Maybe have a bottle of water with the lid off or cup of a little water in the car.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I love this car, but I m having a huge problem and hope to get some advice on here. I am getting static shocked every time when i get out of the seat! Anyone else has the same problem? Any good advice?
When you get out, rub your arm against the metal instead of your hand. The larger surface area dissipate the shock and not as sensitive as the fingers. True story

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Remove all cloths, use a lot of body butter prior to getting in or out of the car. Such is any dry environment.

303 your seats before using any butter, period.

Firthy13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
It's a combination of low humidity, and a reaction between your clothes and the seats in the car. When synthetic materials rub together electrons are stripped from one material and charge the other. When you slide in to our Alcantara seats in your polyester clothing you positively charge one of the materials to a point you transform in to Thor. It's not a problem with your car, it's science. :nixon:
Sponsored