Odd A/C Problem - Solved With Car Restart - Anyone Else?

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Had my first problem/glitch with my CTR today. After filling up with gas, I started the car and drove on my merry way only to discover that the cabin was getting rather warm. No matter what I set the temp to, warm air was blowing out of the vents. I tried a few things: manually set the A/C to On, turned off Sync, tried setting the temp all the way to Lo and I also turned off the climate control using the panel button and turned it back on yet no cold air was coming out of the vents, only warm/hot air. Thinking that this was odd, I drove to the nearest parking lot and turned the car off and waited for over a minute. After turning the car back on the A/C was blowing cold air and working normally again.

I never had any problems previously and have been very happy with the A/C. Even on hot days, the cabin feels nice and comfortable at my usual setting of 74F. I always have it set to Auto and it's worked great, well that is until today. Wonder if it was just some random, odd, electrical glitch or the sign of something worse to come. Anyone else ever experience this?
Sponsored

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
Had the exact same thing happen to me once. Hasn't happened to me since though.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Happened to me last week. Went to pick some food up and on the drive back the A/C would not get very cold even on the lowest temp setting and full fan speed.

Turned car off and on and it was cold...

Car has a lot of issues lol. Hope I don't regret not getting extended warranty in a couple years.

SiFever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2019 Jeep Rubicon 2 Door MT
Country flag
I had this problem with my Sirius radio. The song and artist data would not display, normally when this happens I just change the channel and then back, but this one time nothing worked, untill I pulled over, and rebooted my car. That fixed it.
The dang head unit runs on android, and has a really weak chipset. My "hero" mod will not be an engine swap, other people have done that it's not new territory, the "hero" mod will be swapping in a new chipset and reprogramming the head unit, and upgrading the screen and adding new buttons, that is if I can pull it off.
Stuff like that is what I registered on this forum to find out about, I have gotten a few clues on how to go about it already.

I have noticed that the boot sequence is not consistent, I belive this is due to both the shoddy stock chipset, and all the software being fired up at once, rather than one app at a time. Gotta lotta hacking to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CbusHondaFan

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't had this problem occur again so that's good but I see there's another thread on here with a few owners discussing how the A/C failed completely. :( Other than that my car has been great except for the audio system that sounds completely awful. I rooted my headunit using HondaHack and installed Viper4Android and that really made a huge difference in the sound quality.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I haven't had this problem occur again so that's good but I see there's another thread on here with a few owners discussing how the A/C failed completely. :( Other than that my car has been great except for the audio system that sounds completely awful. I rooted my headunit using HondaHack and installed Viper4Android and that really made a huge difference in the sound quality.
Can I see your settings for viper4android?
I can’t seem to make it sound decent with viper

OP
OP
CbusHondaFan

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can I see your settings for viper4android?
I can’t seem to make it sound decent with viper
Sure I'll do that later today. I'm going to start a new thread in the "Audio" forum here where I'll share all of my V4A settings and maybe others will do the same. Would be great to have a resource like that I think.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I had this happen once on the drive immediately after installing a flex fuel sensor and the flex fuel basemap from Hondata. I was driving to get some E85 and noticed the A/C was blowing warm air and it kinda freaked me out and I thought I had messed something up. Shut the car off at the gas station and turned it back on and it started working fine. I figured it was just something weird with loading the new tune, but apparently others have had the issue without that being the case.

OP
OP
CbusHondaFan

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Had my first problem/glitch with my CTR today. After filling up with gas, I started the car and drove on my merry way only to discover that the cabin was getting rather warm. No matter what I set the temp to, warm air was blowing out of the vents. I tried a few things: manually set the A/C to On, turned off Sync, tried setting the temp all the way to Lo and I also turned off the climate control using the panel button and turned it back on yet no cold air was coming out of the vents, only warm/hot air. Thinking that this was odd, I drove to the nearest parking lot and turned the car off and waited for over a minute. After turning the car back on the A/C was blowing cold air and working normally again.

I never had any problems previously and have been very happy with the A/C. Even on hot days, the cabin feels nice and comfortable at my usual setting of 74F. I always have it set to Auto and it's worked great, well that is until today. Wonder if it was just some random, odd, electrical glitch or the sign of something worse to come. Anyone else ever experience this?
i have a 2019 CTR with 6800 miles. I’ve had this intermittent issue twice now, most recently this week. The first one was at least 6 months ago. I would love to know if yours returns. Both occurrences fixed them selves after a restart. The second time, just this week, I simply pulled over, shut it off and restarted and it worked immediately. It can’t be a leak as it wouldn’t repair itself. Something electrical.
I asked my dealer about checking it out and they said they’d have to see it not working... That’s a little tough to do when it’s this random.

OP
OP
CbusHondaFan

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have a 2019 CTR with 6800 miles. I’ve had this intermittent issue twice now, most recently this week. The first one was at least 6 months ago. I would love to know if yours returns. Both occurrences fixed them selves after a restart. The second time, just this week, I simply pulled over, shut it off and restarted and it worked immediately. It can’t be a leak as it wouldn’t repair itself. Something electrical.
I asked my dealer about checking it out and they said they’d have to see it not working... That’s a little tough to do when it’s this random.
I haven't experienced that problem again....knock on wood!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
My a/c went on my 2018 sport touring. 21k miles, 14 months of ownership.

It was not immediate. It got progressively worse a few months back to when they looked at it today, it was 100% empty of Freon. It had been basically leaking for weeks on end it looks like. If something doesn’t work and then works. Should be checked.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
i had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, made an appt at the dealership to get it looked at, problem hasn’t popped up again though

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I had this problem with my Sirius radio. The song and artist data would not display, normally when this happens I just change the channel and then back, but this one time nothing worked, untill I pulled over, and rebooted my car. That fixed it.
The dang head unit runs on android, and has a really weak chipset. My "hero" mod will not be an engine swap, other people have done that it's not new territory, the "hero" mod will be swapping in a new chipset and reprogramming the head unit, and upgrading the screen and adding new buttons, that is if I can pull it off.
Stuff like that is what I registered on this forum to find out about, I have gotten a few clues on how to go about it already.

I have noticed that the boot sequence is not consistent, I belive this is due to both the shoddy stock chipset, and all the software being fired up at once, rather than one app at a time. Gotta lotta hacking to do.
Very interesting - do you have honda hack installed by any chance? I noted that every time i get in my Si (2019 with knob) i start the car. Car starts, radio is playing; then the sound stops. I thought it had to do with me putting it into reverse and having the HondaHack setting to lower the volumn in reverse. But i have tested it by not touching anything and just sitting there.

So, the radio is on, music playing, then the audio stops, but i can still see the song info from sirius. So i basically have to turn the radio off and back on again. Not even a full reboot, just turn radio off and back on.

Then it is fine.
Sponsored