Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
At Minus 20-40 Everything is cold ... Heated mirrors would be safety feature. I can't understand why Honda deleted it on the R.
It would weigh less than half a pound of even that. And the wiring extists with the hatch.
my 2020 ctr has the heated mirrors button
Sponsored

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
For what its worth, OP....i liked my car when i bought it. I didn't begin to LOVE it until i took it on track and could push it as hard as i wanted.

Make sure to track it at least once before you decide to get rid of it. A lot of this car's design choices are based specifically on that experience.

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
After 2.5 years of owning one, I feel like I got more than $33k worth of car for sure. It's a lot of fun - getting to a higher level of fun will no doubt have me looking at cars that start in the 40's. You have to accept this car for what it is and what it isn't - and it isn't a drag racer. More of a track racer. In the $30-$40k range, you're never going to get the car that's good at everything.

I still enjoy the casual drive. Yea, it's not the quickest off the line but that's not how I derive enjoyment out of this car. Handling along curves and general zippiness and speed from a roll is still as enjoyable to me as ever, and that's where I think this car truly shines. TBH, acceleration wise, this didn't feel like a super huge upgrade from my previous '14 v6 accord - granted some of that is ease of auto tran vs manual. However the driving FEEL of this car is unlike any other I've had before. The road grip, steering tightness, and general response of the throttle gives me an enjoyable driving experience that no Honda before that has ever given me before, save maybe the S2000.

Plus, I just paid mine off - so I don't feel like making a car payment for at least another 3 years.

Last edited:

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's on the track though. I'd imagine a large cohort of Type R owners rarely track their car, if at all. So when you remove the track aspect out of the equation, is the Type R better? It's all subjective IMO. There's no answer, because it's highly dependent on the person driving, and what their tastes are.
Nah. However I live right on the edge of suburbia, bordering into rural zones where there are so many fun routes to drive. My state is hilly and the roads are windy - perfect for the Type R even when you aren't pushing 100%.

If I lived in a state where roads are more straight, everything is flatter, and the climate was generally warmer, I'd prefer heavier muscle. Geography of where you live heavily factors into it, I think
Sponsored

Last edited: