A/C help

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Make sure and tell them, that if your car is in the shop for a month, then your warranty gets extended an extra month. :)
It's a 3 year lease, so I'm not sure that helps much. I've been putting the miles on the loaner instead, so I guess that's good?

Maybe I should press for a month of SiriusXM instead--they only give you 3 for the trial ;)
Sponsored

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Still no updates.

The dealer had said they should know the ETA compressor on Tuesday (7/12/16) and that they would call back as soon as they knew. I haven't received a call from them since.

I tried calling the dealership 3 times since then, but I couldn't get my specific service advisor to answer. Once they transferred me to someone else who basically said he couldn't really help me with that.

Last edited:

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Ok, so the latest ETA on the compressor is next Friday (7/22/16). Fair enough (haha, well not really fair at all, but what can I do). I'm just really hoping that Friday doesn't come around and they decide that they need to replace yet another part.

Last edited:

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I have had to bring my Civic Touring model in three times for the AC. The first time I brought it in was to install the interior lighting kit and they noticed it wasn't blowing cold and fixed it. I brought it in becuase it blew hot air one day and they said there was a leak and replaced something. About a week later it blew hot air again and I dropped my car off on June 28 and they couldn't figure it out. They replaced the evaporator and the compressor and still broken. They called an engineer and he couldn't figure it out either. They told me they were going to replace the entire AC unit. Tomorrow will be three weeks my car has been in the shop.

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I have had to bring my Civic Touring model in three times for the AC. The first time I brought it in was to install the interior lighting kit and they noticed it wasn't blowing cold and fixed it. I brought it in becuase it blew hot air one day and they said there was a leak and replaced something. About a week later it blew hot air again and I dropped my car off on June 28 and they couldn't figure it out. They replaced the evaporator and the compressor and still broken. They called an engineer and he couldn't figure it out either. They told me they were going to replace the entire AC unit. Tomorrow will be three weeks my car has been in the shop.
Damn man that sucks. I'm bringing mine back this Friday because the A/C simply won't work while idle. Really hoping the issue will be fixed.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Damn man that sucks. I'm bringing mine back this Friday because the A/C simply won't work while idle. Really hoping the issue will be fixed.
Oh, wow. You have an LX with the 2.0L engine.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all previous reports regarding A/C issues for cars with the 1.5L engine?

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Oh wow. Have you contacted Honda directly?

I'm really hoping that Friday doesn't come around and they decide that they need to replace yet another part on mine.

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Checked back in the dealership today. AC compressor ETA got bumped back a week to the 29th.

Last edited:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow...you guys are scaring me. My A/C is still going strong. My father's 2012 Silverado had it's Compressor and Evaporator replaced twice in less than 4 years, and he only has 36000 km on his truck. He barely drives the thing.

My mother's 2012 Odyssey has a problem too. Was blowing hot air on passenger side, cold air on driver side...has extended warranty until 2018, and they re-charged it and are crossing their fingers that they can find a leak with the dye they injected in the system. They charged almost $200 to re-charge it, which is ridiculous.

I'm just getting nervous that my A/C's gonna break. Luckily I barely use it, but still..

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Got an update on my Civic last Wednesday. The service rep said Honda called and specifically told them to stop all repairs and that my car is apparently one of a kind and are sending a team of engineers to take a look at it. I dropped my car off on June 29. It's not July 24 and still do not have my car back. I'm considering filing a Lemon Law case as this is the third time I've brought it in for A/C repair. However, they did not document the first time. The first time I brought my Civic in was to get an add on installed and they just happened to notice the A/C wasn't blowing cold enough and mentioned it to me over the phone. It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the paperwork they did work on the A/C. I only have two service work order mentioning the A/C so I'm not sure if I can qualify since I don't have any proof of them working on the A/C the first time.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Got an update on my Civic last Wednesday. The service rep said Honda called and specifically told them to stop all repairs and that my car is apparently one of a kind and are sending a team of engineers to take a look at it. I dropped my car off on June 29. It's not July 24 and still do not have my car back. I'm considering filing a Lemon Law case as this is the third time I've brought it in for A/C repair. However, they did not document the first time. The first time I brought my Civic in was to get an add on installed and they just happened to notice the A/C wasn't blowing cold enough and mentioned it to me over the phone. It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the paperwork they did work on the A/C. I only have two service work order mentioning the A/C so I'm not sure if I can qualify since I don't have any proof of them working on the A/C the first time.
Texas Lemon Law And General Warranty Complaints ... - TxDMV.gov

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
If it's that unique of a car, maybe they should offer to buy it from you so that they can study it on their own time ;)

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Holy cow boys same issue here. They told me that Honda told them to stop the repair so they could order some "back-ordered" parts. Told me it would be 3 weeks before they could work on it. Had to talk to get an actual Honda rep to get them to give me a loaner car.

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Just verified that the part delivery was indeed pushed back to July 29th.
Sponsored

Last edited: