2016 EX Air Conditioning Problem

JGPWOOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I haven't seen any recent posts about this. I bought my Civic in April '16 and the a/c worked fine all summer. We had a hot spell in March and the a/c was only cooling the car to about 75 degrees. I took it to the dealer and they said some Civics had a low charge from the factory. They recharged it but by that time it was cold again so I couldn't really test it. Come April and warmer weather it's not working again so they replaced the heat pump. It worked - till today. It's 93 here and my car won't go below 82.

I'm taking it in again tomorrow but I'm extremely frustrated. The PA Lemon Law says if a problem has to be fixed 3 times the car is considered a lemon, but this isn't really a safety feature. Has anyone else heard about a/c issues? Am I stuck driving around in a car with no a/c?
Sponsored

tony4civics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch ST, Toyota Camry
Country flag
I haven't seen any recent posts about this. I bought my Civic in April '16 and the a/c worked fine all summer. We had a hot spell in March and the a/c was only cooling the car to about 75 degrees. I took it to the dealer and they said some Civics had a low charge from the factory. They recharged it but by that time it was cold again so I couldn't really test it. Come April and warmer weather it's not working again so they replaced the heat pump. It worked - till today. It's 93 here and my car won't go below 82.

I'm taking it in again tomorrow but I'm extremely frustrated. The PA Lemon Law says if a problem has to be fixed 3 times the car is considered a lemon, but this isn't really a safety feature. Has anyone else heard about a/c issues? Am I stuck driving around in a car with no a/c?
I have 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, AC was only blowing hot air. I took it to the dealer and they said that the system was empty and needed a recharge. They recharged it but could not find any leaks. Dealer said the the 1234 refrigerant utilized a different leak detector than 134a so he ordered it in the event the car lost its charge again.

tony4civics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch ST, Toyota Camry
Country flag
Faulty condenser

IMG-20180519-WA0014.jpeg
The air conditioning again stopped cooling as all of the refrigerant leaked out. I returned to the dealer who informed me that the dye that they put in on the previous visit indicated a leak from the a/c compressor seals. They replaced the compressor and recharged the system and, so far, so good... I had to leave the vehicle since they told me that the new part would take at least an overnight to receive. I was going on vacation so I just left the car and picked it up when I returned. This was of course, all covered under the warranty. This is my 5th Honda vehicle, 1 Accord and 4 Civics and I never encountered an a/c problem of any kind. It does make me a little concerned about the quality control of these parts. This should not have failed after 6,200 miles.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I think this issue should be a recall but Honda would lose too much money, so they'll spot fix it until the standard warranty runs out then the clients will have to pay out of pocket
Sponsored