Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
30k for 2020 Civic si coupe? I paid 23k out the door brand new.. 2018.. these used car prices make me sick.. Just hang on to your ride.. no need for a upgrade
I see SI going for 20k with 140k miles on them.. is it really getting that bad?
sidenote: anyone like the corolla hatch back xse 6 speed?
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I sold my 20k mile 2020 Si Sedan to CarMax last May for almost $28k. I only paid $22k for it brand new. So yupp, market is still nuts.

Reactions: JMM

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Was offered $28.8 couple weeks ago for my ā€˜20 sedan with just under 12k miles. Dealer told me the market is higher for a sedan than the coupe, in my area anyway.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wholesale used prices are coming down. Retail will follow. We may be cresting the wave on used prices finally.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
30k for 2020 Civic si coupe? I paid 23k out the door brand new.. 2018.. these used car prices make me sick.. Just hang on to your ride.. no need for a upgrade
I see SI going for 20k with 140k miles on them.. is it really getting that bad?
sidenote: anyone like the corolla hatch back xse 6 speed?
We just sold my wife's 2020 Corolla XSE Hatch 6 speed to carvana. In short, no don't buy one. Its slow, shifter throw is about 3 miles long, and its too small to fit anything in the hatch and the back seat is cramped. Its dead reliable and rides nice though.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say with Honda production still down 50%, used car prices will not be coming down any time soon... or ever. Who knows.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea it's crazy. Only way it comes down is if tons of people start defaulting on their 1k+ monthly loans and people stop buying.

My 19 Si coupe with 13k miles should be around 30k I think.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Yea it's crazy. Only way it comes down is if tons of people start defaulting on their 1k+ monthly loans and people stop buying.

My 19 Si coupe with 13k miles should be around 30k I think.
Already happening. Defaults on automotive loans are increasing rapidly with all credit ranges not just the sub prime market. That means a big shift soon. Same with housing. Crazy what the covid shutdown did for the world.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Already happening. Defaults on automotive loans are increasing rapidly with all credit ranges not just the sub prime market. That means a big shift soon. Same with housing. Crazy what the covid shutdown did for the world.
Yea crazy that governments handed out money then you had banks and loan services handing out loans without income verification check. I thought that shit was illegal since 08 but maybe only applies to housing. I know my credit union income verified me or least hope they did. It should be against law to not income verify someone on purchase of anything 10k or more. Things always go in cycles but if you keep creating bubbles unnecessarily then fuckin 08 happens. Greed

Hey at least Wells Fargo isn't creating user credit accounts without their knowledge or double charging them for insurance when already have insurance on I'm sure their shit rate auto loans anymore? I once walked into a Wells Fargo for auto loan when I was young and stupid. Basically I already knew rate was shit when guy told me then he gave me best advice I ever got from a banker. He was like yeah you should go to local credit union and you'll get a way better rate. Went to credit union and got it for like 3% interest in 2007 or so.

Last edited:

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
There isnā€™t really anything abnormal about that pricing vs the current market. The later si coupes may down the road show some ok value but that wonā€™t be for another 10+ years from now for only lower mileage well kept ones. Thats really just because the will be the last of the two door versions, but since there are the CTRs they will always be the more desirable vehicles of the gen for enthusiast. Plus truthfully we are just talking about civics here :p

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Wholesale used prices are coming down. Retail will follow. We may be cresting the wave on used prices finally.
yes I think so. I just sold my 2020 sedan with 43k miles to Carmax for $24,600, that was down from their online offer just a few months ago. Yet they have it up for sale for $32k, which is higher than a few months ago. So prices are out of whack and should adjust. I doubt thereā€™s a lot of buyers at that price.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes I think so. I just sold my 2020 sedan with 43k miles to Carmax for $24,600, that was down from their online offer just a few months ago. Yet they have it up for sale for $32k, which is higher than a few months ago. So prices are out of whack and should adjust. I doubt thereā€™s a lot of buyers at that price.
Si sedan right? Lol at someone willing to buy 43k mile car above 7k MSRP. I believe 2020 models were 25k MSRP. I'm feeling like I got good deal on my 19 when they knocked off 2.5k from MSRP for a "labor day sale".
Sponsored