Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you bro. Means a lot. We are going to dinner right now. Gonna a try and put on a smile. All I can think about are the things I need to do to fix these screw ups. Lol....imma take a shot tonight combined with that deep breath.
SRSLY, the fix is easier than you think, and you have a lot of help on these forums. ? Chill with the wife, and hit us up when you get to tackle the issue.

Have fun tonight! You deserve it! ??????
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
not sure if you’re up for the drive but you should go to a reputable shop like NA Performance in Ventura. I literally drive an hour out of my way to have anything installed in my car over in LA. If you have anything else you want to install, might as well get it done right there.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I’m sorry dude, but I have to agree with the others here as well that it’s upside down. There was no cutting or trimming with my install.

Glass half full here… my wife and best friend both told me I installed mine upside down when they saw my car with it. They thought it was supposed to say NOMLS. ?‍♂ So at least some people will think it’s the right way.
For the 27won intercooler the shroud needs to be trimmed

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won intercooler...install wtf? 1648009705183

dthanb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback
For the 27won intercooler the shroud needs to be trimmed

1648009705183.png
but OP said
That's what I was thinking. They said they had to trim the crash bar a bit to get it to fit. I've been waiting 2 months for my car to come back to me and now this b.s....I'm bummed.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
instead of bringing it back to the shop that screwed up, have them pay the bill from a reputable shop. Don't forget to have the crash bar replaced.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
instead of bringing it back to the shop that screwed up, have them pay the bill from a reputable shop. Don't forget to have the crash bar replaced.
I'm glad you mentioned this.

The first, and worst, part that I focused on was the modification of the crash bar!
That crash bar is built that way, to disipate energy in the event of a crash. If it's been modified in any way, it won't be able do it's job when it needs to.

I agree with you, that the shop that f'd up the work should pay to have their shoddy work corrected.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before you trash that shop with a bad review, you should probably try contacting them to see what they can do to make it right. I'd be afraid of what kind of trimming they had to do in order to fit the intercooler that way. I really don't know what I am more impressed by, someone who works on cars not being smart enough to see the way it is supposed to go or that same person being smart enough to somehow rig it up that way. Hopefully they kept all your side mount brackets intact so that it isn't a paid to put the intercooler on the right way.

OP
OP
CJizzle_FK8

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Before you trash that shop with a bad review, you should probably try contacting them to see what they can do to make it right. I'd be afraid of what kind of trimming they had to do in order to fit the intercooler that way. I really don't know what I am more impressed by, someone who works on cars not being smart enough to see the way it is supposed to go or that same person being smart enough to somehow rig it up that way. Hopefully they kept all your side mount brackets intact so that it isn't a paid to put the intercooler on the right way.
I can't stop thinking about how they possibly couldn't figure out "hmm the logo is upside down...maybe this isn't how it goes" and when I look at how the ic is set up, one side has a long part sticking out and the other side doesn't. I'm almost afraid to take off the front bumper and see what they did to rig it up this way. Smh.

And you're right. As soon as they open I'm going to call them to ask for some sort of compensation. Aside from the faulty install I got my car back with a blown tire (wasn't like that before I gave it to them, I know because it was brand new) and my left taillight isn't working as it should so I got to get that fixed by electric tech professionals as well.

Now I see why most of the highly modified fk8s on here don't take their cars to shops and do the work themselves. ?

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Easy fix but IM sure it was a lot more work to put it in upside down. I do my own work for sure. They just don't treat it like their own. Enjoy your wife and lesson learned.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I can't stop thinking about how they possibly couldn't figure out "hmm the logo is upside down...maybe this isn't how it goes" and when I look at how the ic is set up, one side has a long part sticking out and the other side doesn't. I'm almost afraid to take off the front bumper and see what they did to rig it up this way. Smh.

And you're right. As soon as they open I'm going to call them to ask for some sort of compensation. Aside from the faulty install I got my car back with a blown tire (wasn't like that before I gave it to them, I know because it was brand new) and my left taillight isn't working as it should so I got to get that fixed by electric tech professionals as well.

Now I see why most of the highly modified fk8s on here don't take their cars to shops and do the work themselves. ?
Guessing they were too proud to ask, sucks because 27Won offers instructions free of charge that would have pointed them in the right direction.

OP
OP
CJizzle_FK8

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just spoke with the owner of the body shop. They're going to reimburse me for a new tire. Pay for my install to be corrected by another shop (said he's gonna chew out his tech for messing up the install) and take a look at my taillight (apparently it was working for them).

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the update. It’s good they are sending to another shop. Make sure to find out about your crash bar and that it’s intact. Good luck and everything will be okay!

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guessing they were too proud to ask, sucks because 27Won offers instructions free of charge that would have pointed them in the right direction.
27WON is awesome about support so the shop really screwed themselves on this one.
Sponsored