OP
OP

ZIOPsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI, 15 Mini Cooper S
Country flag
It's funny, @ZIOPsi has decided not to respond to any of the comments, but he is definitely watching. The troll has been given plenty to eat I guess

ZIOPsi.JPG
LOL on the mini comments. 100 percent of you never even owned a mini. I had a g37 before the mini. I stopped by a mini dealership just to drive a mini and swear it was best car Ive ever driven. FWIW my buddy has an rs3 and overall I prefer the mini. Everything about that car from handling performance to workmanship was something else.

Now I'm not saying I hate the SI its just disspointing. Yes I did test drive the car but just around the block. My dad has a civic ex and raves about it always. SO I didn't drive it like a shouldve. This car has no pulling power whatsoever LOL its a total economy car with beefed up suspension and nothing more. 3rd gear on highway does not pull hard or sock you back in your seat like some have stated.

hands free link is annoying as the dealer can't fix it. other than that the car is whatever.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
LOL on the mini comments. 100 percent of you never even owned a mini. I had a g37 before the mini. I stopped by a mini dealership just to drive a mini and swear it was best car Ive ever driven. FWIW my buddy has an rs3 and overall I prefer the mini. Everything about that car from handling performance to workmanship was something else.

Now I'm not saying I hate the SI its just disspointing. Yes I did test drive the car but just around the block. My dad has a civic ex and raves about it always. SO I didn't drive it like a shouldve. This car has no pulling power whatsoever LOL its a total economy car with beefed up suspension and nothing more. 3rd gear on highway does not pull hard or sock you back in your seat like some have stated.

hands free link is annoying as the dealer can't fix it. other than that the car is whatever.
I have friends that own Mini's. I have two co-workers that own Mini's. They spend so much time in the shop it's sad. One of my co-workers 2016 has been in the shop more times than my 2006 Camry...which has 140K on it. That's the nature of European cars. If you like Mini's and think the Civic Si sucks, well that's your God given right. You should just trade it in and get another mini and be over with it. I mean if the Si sucks that much, you should not have bought it. You should keep in mind that you are posting to a community where some of the members are hard core enthusiasts, so you were bound to get a negative reaction. Anyway we are just giving you a hard time. Don't take it personally

EDIT
You are lucky that @BoostedSiCoupe has not weighed in. He's not as nice as me ;-)

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have friends that own Mini's. I have two co-workers that own Mini's. They spend so much time in the shop it's sad. One of my co-workers 2016 has been in the shop more times than my 2006 Camry...which has 140K on it. That's the nature of European cars. If you like Mini's and think the Civic Si sucks, well that's your God given right. You should just trade it in and get another mini and be over with it. I mean if the Si sucks that much, you should not have bought it. You should keep in mind that you are posting to a community where some of the members are hard core enthusiasts, so you were bound to get a negative reaction. Anyway we are just giving you a hard time. Don't take it personally
I can fix all of his issues for around $449. #KTuner

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can fix all of his issues for around $449. #KTuner
I don't have KTuner, I have no issues with performance except the occasional turbo lag. I use the bluetooth daily, I have no problems with it. The only thing that annoys me is no manual buttons for the HVAC. Other than that, the car he is describing is definitely not the car I own. Anyway, I think I've said enough

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Hi guys I've been driving 18 civic si for about 3months and man what a disappointment. I came from a 2015 mini cooper S that I feel was in every aspect a much better and exciting car to drive.
If I may ask; what happened to your 2015 Cooper S? Was it a lease? Just trying to figure out why you got rid of a late model Cooper especially considering how much you loved it?

Same question applies to replacing it... i'm trying to understand why you'd buy something else if you loved the Cooper that much. I'm sure you had a good reason but what was it?

Have you considered getting rid of the Si and getting something you prefer? I'd hate owning a car I was perpetually disappointed with.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
In this thread: salty civic owners.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not everyone will like the same car you like. There are some disappointing things about the dynamics of the car, in my opinion, but I'm generally satisfied with it. Rev hang, turbo lag, pedal spacing all detract from the driving experience, and might be better in OP's MINI making it more fun to him.
Most of the people here who own SI have driven many other cars or own a lot more expensive cars and they still love the SI enough to be on the forums. Imma trust them over some nobody who walks and is salty because it’s not the same exact car that he had before. Just buy another mini coop and keep wearing you’re dresses.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I had a 2008 Mustang GT before this car and I do feel the Si doesn’t pull nearly as hard (which I expected) I still enjoy driving it every day. I’d say it’s slightly underpowered especially after test driving a focus ST. I plan on getting a Ktuner though cause I think this car should’ve come with at least 230 hp. The only gear I feel that pulls pretty hard is second gear, third gear still pulls but it’s not anything to brag about.

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Most of the people here who own SI have driven many other cars or own a lot more expensive cars and they still love the SI enough to be on the forums. Imma trust them over some nobody who walks and is salty because it’s not the same exact car that he had before. Just buy another mini coop and keep wearing you’re dresses.
EXACTLY: I've owned 2007 SRT Grand cherokee, 2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Lexus RCF and I current have a $50k+ Rubicon. I still LOVE the SI for what it is! I'm here because I love the car, my OCD makes me what to know everthing about it and I want to be knowledgable on the latest mods (even though I'm not going to do much). I really like how zippy it is for the money and how great the mpgs are. Honestly I would never own a mini cooper, but thats just me.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
EXACTLY: I've owned 2007 SRT Grand cherokee, 2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Lexus RCF and I current have a $50k+ Rubicon. I still LOVE the SI for what it is! I'm here because I love the car, my OCD makes me what to know everthing about it and I want to be knowledgable on the latest mods (even though I'm not going to do much). I really like how zippy it is for the money and how great the mpgs are. Honestly I would never own a mini cooper, but thats just me.
There you go this car is great at what it was built to do. You can’t buy this car expecting a drag monster. It has enough power for what it was made to do

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed. I've owned several VW's (Rabbit, Golf GTi), Mercedes Benz, Chevrolet, several Toyotas (6 to be exact) and have driven cars such as the Mustang GT, Dodge Charger SRT, Ford Focus etc. So it's not like the Si is our first car...at least in my case. It is my first Honda though, as I have been a Toyota guy since 1995. We understand that the Si is not the fastest or most powerful car, most bought it because of its practicality, reliability and price. It's also fun and has some sportiness to it

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
About it not having power in 3rd.. On brisk mornings or days when it's around 17C, it is indeed possible to get it to wheel hop when you punch it. The Si definitely has the grunt. There also isn't anything wrong with it being an economical sporty car. I'm happy to get high 38-39 mpg on the highway in -2C +/- 5C winters.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL on the mini comments. 100 percent of you never even owned a mini. .
Bold statement. If no one has it’s because...

You know what. Never mind. Not feeding the troll.

Hate the Si. Go trade your Si in for a lightly used 2017 Cooper. Probably give you an even trade. Course you traded the MINI because you knew it was a turd.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Go trade your Si in for a lightly used 2017 Cooper. Probably give you an even trade. Course you traded the MINI because you knew it was a turd.
You beat me too it!

FWIW my buddy has an rs3 and overall I prefer the mini. Everything about that car from handling performance to workmanship was something else.
OP - if this is true, then WTF would you ever switch up? You prefer the mini to an RS3?? Thats silly. Did you expect to the like the Si more than that? Take your mini boner back to the dealer and trade in the Si. Resale is so good on these, you can probably wash your hands of it.

Last edited:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Bold statement. If no one has it’s because...

You know what. Never mind. Not feeding the troll.

Hate the Si. Go trade your Si in for a lightly used 2017 Cooper. Probably give you an even trade. Course you traded the MINI because you knew it was a turd.
I’ll finish it...it’s because he likes wearing dresses.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I’ll finish it...it’s because he likes wearing dresses.
Don't be stupid, this is drivel.

Back to the main topic -- I don't see where this thread can go from here. OP has the exact same sentiment despite all of the comments here saying it is ridiculous.

Conclusion -- OP should sell his Si.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.