First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Don't be stupid, this is drivel.

Back to the main topic -- I don't see where this thread can go from here. OP has the exact same sentiment despite all of the comments here saying it is ridiculous.

Conclusion -- OP should sell his Si.
I agree. Let's vote. Op should sell his Si- Yes
Op Should not sell his Si- No

I vote yes

Now let's not waste any more of the OP's time
Sponsored

Deleted member

OP might as well have made a thread saying microwave frozen steak is better than a nice steakhouse and then acted surprised when people disagreed.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP might as well have made a thread saying microwave frozen steak is better than a nice steakhouse and then acted surprised when people disagreed.
Well I feel really insulted. I happen to like Microwave frozen steak, or is frozen steak you microwave even real steak? Anyway, you get what I'm saying

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Hi guys I've been driving 18 civic si for about 3months and man what a disappointment. I came from a 2015 mini cooper S that I feel was in every aspect a much better and exciting car to drive.

The Si literally has no power. Its flat and boring (down shift to 3rd at 60mph and feels like a lawnmower). I used to have a 2000 integer GSR and I loved that car (intake headers cat back) the car was fun and never stopped pulling.

Also no one can hear me when I call them using bluetooth audio. They say it sounds like I'm under water or just lots of static. Ive brought it to Honda dealership they replaced the microphone but are uniquely out of clues to what it could be.

IDK I'm very dissapointed with the performance of the car. wondering if anyone else feels this way.
Sounds like you should test drive a Type-R. You'll have to pay a bit more if you like it, but you can't complain about lack of moonroof and wheels that bend when you look at them wrong.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP must be smoking good stuff.
I drove the Mini Cooper from south of Spain to holland and back. Only good thing was that managed to squeeze 4.2l/km. It was loaded with every option and it was the most uncomfortable car I drove. Way too many buttons and toggles inside to be useful. My legs would cramp up easily, the seats are made for tiny adults not average height or more.

3rd gear is fine on Si, this car can get to speeds that will get you thrown in jail pretty quick without hesitation. Just trade in your Si and go get yourself your mini.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I drove the Mini Cooper from south of Spain to holland and back. Only good thing was that managed to squeeze 4.2l/km. It was loaded with every option and it was the most uncomfortable car I drove. Way too many buttons and toggles inside to be useful. My legs would cramp up easily, the seats are made for tiny adults not average height or more.

3rd gear is fine on Si, this car can get to speeds that will get you thrown in jail pretty quick without hesitation. Just trade in your Si and go get yourself your mini.
4.2 l/100km!!! You were either driving really slowly or... yeah ... the computer was wrong

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag

To me, 4.2l/km sounds like terrible fuel economy.. isnt that like 0.5 mpg?

OP
OP

ZIOPsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI, 15 Mini Cooper S
Country flag
mini lease was up, Si is a lease as well. Man this board is dumb AF. Made a simple statement and I stick by it. MINI is a much better street car than SI in every which way. One poster mentioned the mini seats being bad on long trips (TRUTH). I had zero problems with mini. 51k hard driven miles. Not bashing the si just its a bit boring disappointing. It is more comfortable and has a trunk lol.

can anyone post their SI with just a Ktuner on a highway pull? thanks

PS mini had much less turbo lag and much more low-mid range punch which made it fun on the streets.

Deleted member

If all you care about is straight line performance you should have bought a muscle car. Yes it is in fact troll-ish to complain about the Si not completely obliterating the Cooper S in straight line performance- it tells us you don't know what you bought. The weight and power could tell you exactly how quick it is.

The Si is a proper driver's car meant for people who enjoy shifting, curves, braking, and accelerating out of corners with excellent grip thanks to the helical limited slip differential.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
mini lease was up, Si is a lease as well. Man this board is dumb AF. Made a simple statement and I stick by it. MINI is a much better street car than SI in every which way. One poster mentioned the mini seats being bad on long trips (TRUTH). I had zero problems with mini. 51k hard driven miles. Not bashing the si just its a bit boring disappointing. It is more comfortable and has a trunk lol.

can anyone post their SI with just a Ktuner on a highway pull? thanks

PS mini had much less turbo lag and much more low-mid range punch which made it fun on the streets.
See @ZIOPsi , here is your problem. You join a Civic Si blog full of enthusiasts (I'm not a Honda enthusiast, I come from more than 20 years Toyota ownership), put down the car these people love, then call them quote "dumb AF". Imagine, just imagine if I were join a Mini Cooper blog, or any other car enthusiast blog and my first ever post is "Hey guys, the Mini Cooper is just so slow and sucks, what do you think?" I mean would I deserve to get dumped on? Think about it for awhile. If you didn't figure out in a test drive that this car sucks, well, there are people here that would justifiably think that maybe you might be dumb AF (not saying you are). Hey, if you don't like the Civic Si, you are entitled to that, but I think there may have been a better way of approaching this, and one of them would be to get rid of the Civic

BTW, I don't want to bash this to death, but reliability ratings are pretty poor according to Consumer Reports. I can tell you it was way, way below Honda
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.