Not open for further replies.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The mini is good as a rental not something I’d ever want to live with. It does have that go karty feel and feels planted on the curves at silly speeds.

But I’ll take my Si over any mini. Nothing in this price range touches the Si. I can’t complain about what you get, maybe one complaint is there’s no vanity mirror lights but even that’s a stretch
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
OK, ok, I can't help myself. Just in case this is not a troll post and the guy is having legit issues, let me impart some helpful advice:

1) Change out the OEM transmission fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh Manual Transmission Fluid
2) Drop in a K&N air filter

Your transmission will thank you by smooth shifting and performance
The K&N will give a slight performance boost

If none of these options work, than your car has a problem, because from what is being explained by the OP in his post is definitely not the car I own and drive

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Coming from a much more powerful car, the Si is still a blast to drive. Handles better than my last car too. Occasionally I wish it had another 150 HP, but all things considered for the price we paid I don't think we can ask for much more. Only thing that would sour my experience is poor reliability; but won't know that for many years.

PS. my bluetooth calling works great.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
For what it is worth. I had the Mini Cooper S Coupe (Two seater only made four years). Very rough riding. You might break a tooth. Not disappointed in Honda at all. Besides, the maintenance costs for Mini are $$$$$$$. And the current rating on KBB are terrible. And my Touring has plenty of power.

Verdingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, infiniti Q60S
Country flag
No more German girlfriends for me. Previous cars were Boxster S, Audi TT and Mercedes SLK. Every one were a pain to maintain. One of my employees asked me why did I trade in the SLK for the Si. I responded with "Give me $2,000!" He was confused until I told him that's all I heard every time the car went to the shop. He then said "That's a sharp looking Honda!" :thumbsup:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I test drove a Civic Si recently and man, I cannot agree with you more. It was nothing compared to my '06 Corolla (not the dumb base model it was the "S" Version which means sport). My corolla had 1.8 liters of pure Japanese muscle and at 1.8 liters, its much bigger than the Si's puny 1.5 liter engine, what a joke. And since my Corolla's engine displacement had a bigger number, you already know it would kill the Si in every single measurable way. Oh and I forgot, my corolla had a wooden spoiler that added +950 downforce and its only one wheel drive (the front passenger tire) to save weight. All the Si would see are my '06 Corolla's smoked tailights on the track.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys are a scream!!

I almost feel bad for the troll!!:coffee:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't know about the Mini Cooper S, but coming from a 1998 Buick Century, the '18 Si pulls like a freight train in 3rd gear from 60 - 80, lol
a 98 buick century? thats gotta be the worst car for just about anything.. my grandma and grandpa drove 1 (its an old ppl car) back in the 90s, and even they hated it lmao

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I test drove a Civic Si recently and man, I cannot agree with you more. It was nothing compared to my '06 Corolla (not the dumb base model it was the "S" Version which means sport). My corolla had 1.8 liters of pure Japanese muscle and at 1.8 liters, its much bigger than the Si's puny 1.5 liter engine, what a joke. And since my Corolla's engine displacement had a bigger number, you already know it would kill the Si in every single measurable way. Oh and I forgot, my corolla had a wooden spoiler that added +950 downforce and its only one wheel drive (the front passenger tire) to save weight. All the Si would see are my '06 Corolla's smoked tailights on the track.
You know you almost had me the first 3 seconds...

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
a 98 buick century? thats gotta be the worst car for just about anything.. my grandma and grandpa drove 1 (its an old ppl car) back in the 90s, and even they hated it lmao
Yeah, well it only had 68k miles on it when I bought it 8/2017. I paid 2000$ for it, drove it around for a year without any trouble, and then sold it for 2000$. Id say it served its purpose and was good to me. It was the perfect beater for these terrible MI roads.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, well it only had 68k miles on it when I bought it 8/2017. I paid 2000$ for it, drove it around for a year without any trouble, and then sold it for 2000$. Id say it served its purpose and was good to me. It was the perfect beater for these terrible MI roads.
It's okay. My first year of college (1987) I had to drive my Dad's 79 Buick LeSabre. It was a huge square like thing with a 350 V8 that got 10 MPG on a good day. I was so embarrassed by it that I lied to my girlfriend and pretended my brothers Suzuki Samerai was mine and I let him drive it because he had a long commute and the Buick used to much gas (what a good brother I am). Anyway, that's my story

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The question must be asked, did this guy even test drive the car? Surely he would have realized how soulless and slow and down on performance it was. Or maybe he bought a 2.0 lx

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The question must be asked, did this guy even test drive the car? Surely he would have realized how soulless and slow and down on performance it was. Or maybe he bought a 2.0 lx
It's funny, @ZIOPsi has decided not to respond to any of the comments, but he is definitely watching. We have been given out plenty to eat I guess

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 civic si dissapointing ZIOPsi.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.