11th Gen Civic

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
  • Banned
What do you think the 11th Gen has to offer?

My observations on Honda (and disclaimer -- I'm an irrational Honda fan) --

I think the 10th gen sedan probably saved this companies butt. Where I live (South Florida, US), I probably encounter one at ever intersection. They're *everywhere*.I don't really see much of other new models on the road. The CRZ could have been the beez knees if they outfitted it with a K-series. Best looking Honda since the original NSX. What a missed opportunity.

There was a time, in the late-90's and early 2000s when Honda's inventory had ---

98-2000 Si
Integra Type-R
Acura NSX
Del Sol
JDM CTR

--^ Let that greatness sink into your head.

What the fuck happened to this company and where have all these great cars gone?

They should bring back the ITR for the 11th Gen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I'll agree with you wholeheartedly based on my own preference and looking at your list:

98-2000 Si
Integra Type-R
Acura NSX
Del Sol
JDM CTR

In a world where people want to drive CUVs... SUVs... Jeeps... and 1/2 ton or larger pickup trucks, your list of a 3 small car with some rear passenger space, a FWD 2 seater skin slapped on a Civic and a sport car just aren't the market today.

My thoughts? People are dumb. And suck. And have poor taste. They have traded generally unused cargo room and perceived functionality for what works best on the road for the money or for a fun ride.

Rememeber the close of the 90s was also the death of the 300zx, 3000GT, Stealth, Supra and RX7. Between people love for SUVs and the economic situation at the time... they faded away. There are some great cars today... but I don't think things have ever gone back to that era. I guess this is a re-golden age for American muscle... it's nothing to be able to find an American 400 hp car in the $30k range... and the sky is the limit if your wallet is thick and you want to shoot for double that power from the factory. Still... the cars I loved are pretty much gone or, like the NSX too expensive to ever consider or like the 370Z... un-refreshed and kind of unloved since the Z now plays second string so far as performance goes since the GTR hit the states and who's price has exploded.

Edit: Add the Prelude to that list for me. Another great car that was at the dealership alongside the Civic and Del Sol at one point that died shortly after the 90s wrapped.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The market has changed, Honda had to follow it. The CR-V is their top seller now, followed by the Civic.

Honda however does not believe EVs are the way forward from something I read, which is definitely a bold statement in the race to electrify everything. What Honda wants is to hybridize everything, which I'm OK with personally.

OP
OP

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
The market has changed, Honda had to follow it. The CR-V is their top seller now, followed by the Civic.
It must be a regional thing because I don't see any of these here, unless I'm not paying attention. (The Civic sedans are everywhere).

OP
OP

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
Honda however does not believe EVs are the way forward from something I read, which is definitely a bold statement in the race to electrify everything.
EVs are inevitable, I think. Honda (and Toyota's) resistance to this is perplexing. My wife has a Prius Prime and she fills her gas tank twice a year. Maybe they figure that's good enough?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
We're lucky there is still a Civic coupe and a manual transmission at all. We should be grateful. A lot of companies don't make cars at all any more.

Yes, Honda dropped some vehicles but they are still at the head of the pack when it comes to fun cars, they are just mostly all called Civic

Civic SI sedan
Civic SI coupe
Civic Type R
Civic Hatchback Sport
Acura NSX
Sponsored