11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Type R is the flagship trim level, Type S is more or less an Si equivalent(they almost called the 10th Gen Civic Si the Civic Type S) and has never been used on a particularly special car before whereas every single car with the Type R badge has been something particularly special and unique.

0-60 is not a good measurement as it takes launch into account instead of just raw power vs weight. The Type R has a poor launch due to being FWD. From a roll the Type R absolutely demolishes the S5, it's not even close. TLX Type S will all but certaintly be over 4000 pounds for the AWD version and have 330 to 370hp max. Even if it had 390hp the stock Type R would have a better power to weight ratio. Absolutely zero chance the TLX Type S can come close to the Type R's lap times.
According to car & driver test results, a 2018 S5 sportback has the same rolling 5-60mph time as a 2017 CTR. Other than that, the S5 beats the CTR 0-60, 0-100, 0-130, 1/4 mile, etc., even with its worse power/weight ratio. I don't see how the CTR "demolishes" it in any straight-line test. Undoubtedly the CTR will be quicker around corners, but I fail to understand where your reasoning for it being quicker in a straight line is coming from.
Sponsored

Tylers_fk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (sonic gray pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a cross between a BMX & a challenger. Kinda weird, but I dig it. I'm excited to see the next generation of Civic!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to see Honda go after Tesla and give us a very simular interior and exterior with a completely new 1.8 turbo engine. +20 hp awd option.
Sponsored