KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't know the life cycle of Honda models, when do you think 11th gen will be out?
average life cycle of each generation was around 4-5 years... 10th gen is out since 2016... so is it by 2020 ?
Sponsored

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
2021 or maybe 2022.
Due for a refresh.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Any thoughts on what the 11th gen powertrain will look like?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on what the 11th gen powertrain will look like?
My guess is that the gen XI Civic powertrain will include an engine and a transmission. ;)

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The 10th is the first generation since the 6th that didn't suck ass. (The US EP3 somehow became appreciated 10 years after the fact).

Honda hopefully learned with the 10th they do best when not trying to emulate Toyota.

How about an Integra Type-R Coupe? Acura only wants to make old people cars now. Sad.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I hear might get plutonium power. They want a giant leap in fuel economy

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
We currently have the X Gen so clearly the next Civic will be the XX. Personally, I'm holding out for the XXX.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Sedan and Coupe sales are lagging so Honda is not going to sink as much development money into the Civic any more. The tenth generation was probably the most revolutionary Civic upgrade ever, so Honda won't be in a hurry to develop a whole new generation too soon.

I suspect that like the 8th gen (2006-2011), the tenth gen will be 6 model years long (2016-2021). The next gen will be for the 2022 model year and it will be a minor update. Something like the ninth gen was to the eighth gen.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about an Integra Type-R Coupe? Acura only wants to make old people cars now. Sad.
The Integra should remain a hatch-back and offer a sedan model. I think if Honda stops producing coupes (Civic/Accord) like the rumors say, they should bring the Integra/RSX over and sell that again as a performance alternative. If a new version of the ITR is released, I will 100% get it. I've been waiting for it's re-iteration for years.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The Integra should remain a hatch-back and offer a sedan model. I think if Honda stops producing coupes (Civic/Accord) like the rumors say, they should bring the Integra/RSX over and sell that again as a performance alternative. If a new version of the ITR is released, I will 100% get it. I've been waiting for it's re-iteration for years.
ITR definitely needs to be a hatch - I would just like to see it with two doors.

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
New powertrain will have a simple electrical assist motor with recharging system added to the 1.5T/CVT to get rid of the momentary lag at take off. And can be Ktuned as well.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
New powertrain will have a simple electrical assist motor with recharging system added to the 1.5T/CVT to get rid of the momentary lag at take off. And can be Ktuned as well.
Don't assume the 1.5T is gonna be the only engine in the lineup or talk like it is, in Canada for example the 2019 EX has... You probably didn't guess it, the 2.0L. the 1.5T sells well in the US among enthusiasts but the 2.0L sells better elsewhere. Not sure why the part about being ktuned is included, all ECUs can be tuned/flashed. They're computers.

That being said, I hope they do what Toyota(?) Did and include a mechanical launch gear that shifts to the CVT after. Mightve been another company but my mind is thinking Toyota was the one.