10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Don't have the paper in front of me but that is what I got OTD.
OK well if you find papers, can you break it down? OTD doesn't mean squat. If you live in LA with massive taxes, that's a great deal. If you're in a state with zero taxes, that deal isn't very good at all. The difference can be several thousand dollars.

Turbo18Si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Since I had a trade that was worth more than the value of the Si I didn't pay taxes. OTD was 23,999. That was with all of the dealer installed "pro pack" stuff.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone hit that target price yet? I've had EX-T manual price quotes in that range.
My lowest quote on 17 was 21750 but 18s are out now.. lowest on a 18 has been around 22477$ but I have a trade in.. so that is a huge factor.. getting from a dealer tomorrow for 22,900 plus 300$ rebate so 22600 but another dealer said there are no rebates.. so I’m not sure but I went to multiple dealers and the best price I got is 4314$ out the door with my trade.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It may be the most capable Si but this is 2017 and grandma in her 1.5T EXL ( CVT ) could beat your beloved Si mashing the pedal. If you dont shift PERFECT and/or If you are not using Premium 93 gas. I mean beat by 5-10 car lengths in a 1/4. But pretty close to even if you do everything right. I've owned many brand new civics buying 2 ever 2-3 years for the last 25yrs.. I'm a Huge Honda fan but let's face it. Honda snuffed the Si torch and handed it to the TypeR. When you goto a Honda dealer and ask them what's the difference with the Si.. Knowledgeable people say.. "Well shrug look down it's more of an appearance package" which is true. But sure you can void your warranty modding/flashing it but so can grandma with her cvt w/ 17" seasonal tires. Don't get me wrong I'm not disparaging your Si.. It's a no-brainer to buy a Si vs a standard manual civic. Heck my local Honda dealers have 2-5 manual hatch sports just sitting.
I’m. New here and these are old posts so I don’t want to piss anyone off...but.. after really researching and debating the last few months which civic to buy, si, ext coupe 6spd, or an auto... and finally deciding today on an si, after driving it back to back with the new 18 ext manual which now has leather wrapped wheel and shifter..and I think is by far the best value of any civics ..but for 1000-1500$ more the si is way more fun, shifts better, handl3s better, faster etc.. u can feel it after driving the ext then the si and I did not even use sport mode! Also tons of reviews online yes the cvt and ext are not much slower, but they do not handle like the si, so unless you just getting the car like grandpa and local driving.. the si is way better... did the type r totally overshadow and lessen it yes, did Honda changing their mind and not putting the detuned 2.0 that the accord got hurt it.. maybe.. but the accord with that motor is really no faster then the si and eats a lot more gas and I’m sure the insurance is much higher for that engine... so bottom line all the turbo civics are nice.. and the si is probably the Best Buy .. if u want fun.. if not the ext coupe should be good enough if u want to save a few penny’s.. but the si looks better, handles, better etc.. you take that 1500$ u saved and try to mod and it will cost u thousands .. soo.. si hands down best civic for the money.. I like the sport touring hatch if it had si parts and manual.. type r I sat in and couldn’t fit hated the seats.

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I paid 20,100 for my EXT.. It's exactly the power and features I wanted coming from a 9th gen Si coupe. The 10th gen Si isn't justifiable coming from what I am already driving. If Honda would grow some balls and put well deserved 250hp in the Si I could see the value. Right now I can buy a 2018 Si for 22k and get 17.5k trade in on my EXT.
You seem to hate the si so much.. and have two ext.. I don’t understand.. I was quoted about 20,900 on an 18 ext and about 22500 on an si.. that is only 1600$ you can’t afford that small amount? Why do you make it sound like the upgrades you get for such a small price are not a huge value.. almost making the ext and exl pointless which is why no dealers here even have them... unless you can’t drive stick.. any car guy wanting a stick the 1500 difference is so minimal..heck the rims and tires alone are probably that, lol

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought both my EXT civics before the Si was available. I paid 20100 for my EXT cvt and back then manuals didn't exist also. Today a manual ext can be had for even less. My best deal on a Si recently was 21650. Definitely worth it to buy the Si if you can haggled to that price range. Honestly I am kinda sore with Honda cheaping out of the 10th gen Si. No exclusive Si color, no exclusive Si wheels and no exclusive Si engine. Its like Honda just threw the hatch bumper and hatch sport wheels on. And the Sport has smoked clear coat that looks stellar. I encourage you to race a civic cvt 1.5l as you may be disappointed when you lose. The Si just doesn't mean what it use to. The 2.0T accord is a lot faster than the Si. I bet after FlashPro it could hang with a Type R in a straight line for a good 10k less than the inflated prices at dealers.

Another thing those posts were old from when dealers were hyping the Si 25k+ as in the past they had every right to. I have bought 9 new Civics in the last 20years and several were Si trim levels. Right now Honda has a big problem as the 1.5T just isn't appealing to accord buyers. Sales are 20% down and Toyota Camry is up 20%. Be careful using FlashPro with the new Si as its a more frail starting point than we have seen in a long time. Many people are damaging what is already pushing the limits.

You seem to hate the si so much.. and have two ext.. I don’t understand.. I was quoted about 20,900 on an 18 ext and about 22500 on an si.. that is only 1600$ you can’t afford that small amount? Why do you make it sound like the upgrades you get for such a small price are not a huge value.. almost making the ext and exl pointless which is why no dealers here even have them... unless you can’t drive stick.. any car guy wanting a stick the 1500 difference is so minimal..heck the rims and tires alone are probably that, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you didn't read what I had written as I can right now today buy a brand new Si for $21,650... lol

Hi, I'm selling my car due to some changes I have to make with my finances. It's a 2018 Civic SI Sedan in Silver. If you're looking for a new SI Sedan with less than 2000 miles, PM me and we'll arrange a time to meet. The car is in San Diego, CA. Selling price is $23900. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car, and it has the Honda all weather floormats and trunk cargo tray.

who8myrice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 memeboost
To be fair when I worked at Toyota, I had many customers buy base Camry over SE model. And difference after discount was few hundred dollars. Some people don’t have courage or will to pay even Pennie more then what they consider budget. Everybody is different

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
2018 Civic SI Sedan Aegan Blue, has been on the lot for 2 weeks, Dealer advised they were having an aggressive selling month. Window sticker on car was $24,990 which included destination fee, we negotiated and I brought this price down to $22,214 not including tax title or trade in. Plus it’s right next to my work and I get free car washes through the dealer anytime I want.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
2018 Civic SI Sedan Aegan Blue, has been on the lot for 2 weeks, Dealer advised they were having an aggressive selling month. Window sticker on car was $24,990 which included destination fee, we negotiated and I brought this price down to $22,214 not including tax title or trade in. Plus it’s right next to my work and I get free car washes through the dealer anytime I want.
Not bad, around 10% off seems to be the average. Congrats on the ride!

calibro101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i
New Here, Starting my search for my Si since my lease on my current car ends in three months. Just got my first round of quotes today from a local socal dealer.

$22081 for a 2018 Civic Si Sedan Modern Steel Metallic before taxes, title etc. (includes dest)

Hoping it drops more in three months :) (or a special honda lease offer comes up)

Gscar25

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How do you think I did guys? 3500 down out the door first payment included. 15000 miles a year for 36 months, 199 a month.
Sponsored