burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Right now the Si in NY is leasing at 179.00 3K down with an MSRP of 24,000 including destination. Pretty sure you can get that msrp down a lot more and it will come out even cheaper. The true car value is still at 22,472.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You do realize that is $9,444 lease? What is your option to buy amount?

Right now the Si in NY is leasing at 179.00 3K down with an MSRP of 24,000 including destination. Pretty sure you can get that msrp down a lot more and it will come out even cheaper. The true car value is still at 22,472.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't forget the lease requires 3,000 down ;) plus the buy amount does not include tax and dock fees

Without the 3k then yeah will be the price you said. I always pay my first month ad tags. The buyout still gonna remain the same with a down payment or without. When you finance you get a apr rate as soon as you finance. With the lease you have options. I can get a new car after 3 years.. ;)

Last edited:

jweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Leased a new '17 WOP sedan yesterday. $2,100 down including the 7% tax in GA, $199 per month for 36 months with the $14,378 buyout. Comes out to $23,642 otd including taxes and doc fee if I buy out the lease after three years. Pretty happy with that price as most local dealers were at $4,000 to $4,500 down for the $199 per month lease deal.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My best price on a closeout 2017 Si right now is $21,650 + tax title doc fees.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would advise you to call around. Talk directly to the new car sales manager. I'm sure a dealer out there will be hungry to take your business. Still $21650 is a lot of $$$$ for a Civic Si when it's not as special as it was in 2015 or before. Hopefully the 2019-2020 has a serious refresh of power features and design.

Where is that? I never thought I'd have to leave the DC area, but I'd fly out and drive back for that. Unless it was cross country.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Where is that? I never thought I'd have to leave the DC area, but I'd fly out and drive back for that. Unless it was cross country.
The 10th gen Si is the most capable Si ever. Fact. $21,650 is a great price for it, if it's the kind of car you want. The only legitimate complaint is it does not pull as strongly to redline as previous Si's. In fact, it kind of falls flat after 6k rpm. The only way you'll know if this car is right for you is if you take it on a test drive. I would also like to add that there's a fix on the way for the underwhelming pull to redline by VitViper.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/vittuned-drop-in-turbo-upgrade-initial-results-sneak-peak.19516/

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It may be the most capable Si but this is 2017 and grandma in her 1.5T EXL ( CVT ) could beat your beloved Si mashing the pedal. If you dont shift PERFECT and/or If you are not using Premium 93 gas. I mean beat by 5-10 car lengths in a 1/4. But pretty close to even if you do everything right. I've owned many brand new civics buying 2 ever 2-3 years for the last 25yrs.. I'm a Huge Honda fan but let's face it. Honda snuffed the Si torch and handed it to the TypeR. When you goto a Honda dealer and ask them what's the difference with the Si.. Knowledgeable people say.. "Well shrug look down it's more of an appearance package" which is true. But sure you can void your warranty modding/flashing it but so can grandma with her cvt w/ 17" seasonal tires. Don't get me wrong I'm not disparaging your Si.. It's a no-brainer to buy a Si vs a standard manual civic. Heck my local Honda dealers have 2-5 manual hatch sports just sitting.

The 10th gen Si is the most capable Si ever. Fact. $21,650 is a great price for it, if it's the kind of car you want. The only legitimate complaint is it does not pull as strongly to redline as previous Si's. In fact, it kind of falls flat after 6k rpm. The only way you'll know if this car is right for you is if you take it on a test drive. I would also like to add that there's a fix on the way for the underwhelming pull to redline by VitViper.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/vittuned-drop-in-turbo-upgrade-initial-results-sneak-peak.19516/

Last edited:

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Guy I quoted seemed pretty enthused about owning an Si. Not sure if he would have any regrets choosing a less capable EX-T, pocket the $$ difference and call it a day. But to prevent such a thing from occurring, I recommended the poster test drive one. Just to be sure. Assuming $22k or less, is right around what he wants to pay.

It may be the most capable Si but this is 2017 and grandma in her 1.5T EXL ( CVT ) could beat your beloved Si mashing the pedal. If you dont shift PERFECT and/or If you are not using Premium 93 gas. I mean beat by 5-10 car lengths in a 1/4. But pretty close to even if you do everything right.
Grandma would probably most definitely beat this stick shift driver from a dig for sure. Lol. But from a roll, she'll be no match.

I've owned many brand new civics buying 2 ever 2-3 years for the last 25yrs.. I'm a Huge Honda fan but let's face it. Honda snuffed the Si torch and handed it to the TypeR. When you goto a Honda dealer and ask them what's the difference with the Si.. Knowledgeable people say.. "Well shrug look down it's more of an appearance package" which is true.
Not trying to put these guys down, but they can't be that knowledgeable because the differences are much more than an appearance package. I'm not a Honda fanboy, never have been. I grew up loving Pony cars. All of them. I still daydream about them, lol, but circumstances and logic pointed me to a sporty affordable family car. Hence I got an Si.

But sure you can void your warranty modding/flashing it but so can grandma with her cvt w/ 17" seasonal tires.
Yeah, not a smart comparison on my behalf. Can't really compare modified cars to unmodified cars.

Don't get me wrong I'm not disparaging your Si.. It's a no-brainer to buy a Si vs a standard manual civic. Heck my local Honda dealers have 2-5 manual hatch sports just sitting.
I hear you. Si's are not for everybody. They have compromises, like most cars. It's all about what the buyer wants/needs.

Edit: Oh and this is the fastest Si to date isn't it? Over 200 whp, stock, less than 2,900 lbs.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the way the gear ratios work is the 2017 Si is actually is faster 0-40. Then the 40-100 the 1.5T cvt just walks away.

Remember the 15si with pro driver vs Mr. Hondata smashing a pedal of his stock cvt ? He got out and was like.. well here is the video.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No changes for the 2018 Si except the $185 increase in price.
Sponsored