What has been your favorite inexpensive mod?

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
SI dead pedal cover...

9A80CCDA-95AE-461D-AC81-278FDC47C5D3.jpeg
Just ordered one of the H ones for my hatch, can't wait. Really completes the look with the sport metal pedals...dont know why this wasn't done stock.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
Just ordered one of the H ones for my hatch, can't wait. Really completes the look with the sport metal pedals...dont know why this wasn't done stock.
Yes I agree. Like nice sporty looking metal pedals and then the plastic dead pedal ?

Mingueeel

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Prestige 1.5T 6MT EU
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Hack + Viper4Android are a must for the premium sound system, and it was for free as I hacked through a laptop (although the Honda Hack developer deserves every pennie).

One of the earliest mods I did was to replace the interior and trunk lighting, as the stock bulbs were poor.

I bought these ones which give very good light, even if a little bit blueish, but they look great.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07HQSSK86?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Hack + Viper4Android are a must for the premium sound system, and it was for free as I hacked through a laptop (although the Honda Hack developer deserves every pennie).

One of the earliest mods I did was to replace the interior and trunk lighting, as the stock bulbs were poor.

I bought these ones which give very good light, even if a little bit blueish, but they look great.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07HQSSK86?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Can you snap a quick pic of the interior lighting? Thinking about changing mine.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rear vent delete. Not my favorite one, but definitely my favorite one under $50....

Honda Civic 10th gen What has been your favorite inexpensive mod? IMG_3673.JPG

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Ruthenium plugs by ngk. First time an actual plug made a difference. I posted about this in another section. I legitimately had better mileage smoother running and increase in power. Not drastic but the fuel trims proved that it used less fuel on the same tune and gas when fuel trims went from -3 under load before to now -5 under load. Same fuel even same tank of fuel. I always use BP ammaco. 93 octane. The plugs are also about 1.40 cheaper per plug. The special pspe tip really helps igniting lean mixtures and the ruthenium has better thermal conductivity and better electrical conductivity than iridium. I took a 2 hour trip which was a mix of about 70 percent highway of speeds up to 80mph and local as slow as 35mph. Minimal traffic I got 31.4 mpg. Considering it’s rated 28 highway that’s impressive. The tune doesn’t run leaner than factory so it’s not from the tune. My overall economy was ver 2800 miles climbed from average of 26 to 27.5 in just 1.5 tanks of fuel. The high rpm you can definitely feel a difference as well.

I am an automotive diagnostic tech by trade a I don’t believe in gimmicks. Truth is I expected it to have zero difference. I’m glad I was wrong. As soon as I put the plugs in I noticed a slow climb in speed when I was trying to maintain 50mph. It took me a few days to use a bit less throttle input to maintain speed.

the part number is NGK 91784 it’s the exact same specs as type r oem plug. It can also be used by SI cause the only difference between si and type r plugs is gap. I even closed the plug gap to what I had the iridium plugs at. .026. The iridium plug were not more than 10,000 miles on them. They were clean and zero gap had worn down. Still at .026.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"STUDENT DRIVER" magnet
3 for $7.99 on Amazon
I've been pondering this and I think it's absolutely brilliant. You could get away with driving like an asshat, and at the same time, others would likely be more courteous. I.e. blinkers, no tailgating, letting you go first, etc. I guess it could backfire when you rocket past someone.... they'll say "why is that idiot newb driving so aggressively?!?"

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan, 19 Accord
Country flag
+1 for this although the labor and time it took me to finish was way more than $50 ?

CTR subframe brace would be second but not close
Did you do the acuity stuff with it or just the type r shifter? I've been considering this for my Si, but it's not nearly as "inexpensive" when you add the extra bits. I've been curious if it's that much difference stock as most don't do it that way. I also only want to pull that console apart a single time since it seems like a pain.