Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Very true, I think it's funny when ego's get hurt. Honestly, of course I always want to win, but I'm happy to lose too. I just enjoy having those opportunities to run it with people. All of a sudden they have to get of the fwy after lol.
Yeah, I've taken the L's too. This is why I try not to race random people and just race my friends instead so we can talk after. Most of the time when I win against some random stranger they don't want to talk and just make a right turn. Sure I guess you get a bruised ego losing to some base model civic, but then again they instigated the race lol
Sponsored

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
look out for those modded diesel trucks
some of them are stupid fast like the Duramax one of the guys here at the shop drives. others think they'll walk you just because you're in a civic. I took a lifted, way too wide wheel, giant exhaust, coal rolling, 6.7 powerstroke for a run the other day. once I let off I watched him slow down and stay a solid 10 car lengths behind me until he creeped by at the next light and turned off.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, I've taken the L's too. This is why I try not to race random people and just race my friends instead so we can talk after. Most of the time when I win against some random stranger they don't want to talk and just make a right turn. Sure I guess you get a bruised ego losing to some base model civic, but then again they instigated the race lol
Not going to lie, if I lost to a base model civic I would be very surprised but I'd have respect cause I'd know the only way that would happen is with a fully modded civic.. FBO, ethanol, clutch, grippy tires, turbo, custom tune etc....and that's one hell of a respectable build win or lose. Reminds me of that scene from Step Brothers..."did we just become best friends?...yup!" haha.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not going to lie, if I lost to a base model civic I would be very surprised but I'd have respect cause I'd know the only way that would happen is with a fully modded civic.. FBO, ethanol, clutch, grippy tires, turbo, custom tune etc....and that's one hell of a respectable build win or lose. Reminds me of that scene from Step Brothers..."did we just become best friends?...yup!" haha.
LMAO the car doesn't look much now. It's on stock wheels just lowered with 0 stickers with stock chrome H emblems. Before it had stickers from my mods, red H emblems and that's probably the reason I'd get picked on by 10th gen Si's lol, but you would think a sticker that says "Pure Turbos" would make them stay away unless they were also on upgraded turbo haha

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
LMAO the car doesn't look much now. It's on stock wheels just lowered with 0 stickers with stock chrome H emblems. Before it had stickers from my mods, red H emblems and that's probably the reason I'd get picked on by 10th gen Si's lol, but you would think a sticker that says "Pure Turbos" would make them stay away unless they were also on upgraded turbo haha
Ya I also like the stock look as well. The element of surprise is always fun. I want to build my motor and go big turbo but I'm so impatient. Getting a drop in turbo is so much cheaper and easier.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I also like the stock look as well. The element of surprise is always fun. I want to build my motor and go big turbo but I'm so impatient. Getting a drop in turbo is so much cheaper and easier.
Hard to beat the R365 turbo that's about to come out. Drop in turbo for $1299 that behaves and flow like the Garrett GTX2860R

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoa, were those numbers on pump gas?!
Oops, forgot to include prl flex fuel kit. It was on 30% ethanol when it made 362 and made 285 on 91.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hard to beat the R365 turbo that's about to come out. Drop in turbo for $1299 that behaves and flow like the Garrett GTX2860R
Ya I got the email a few weeks ago saying that they will hold the BETA testing pricing for me for 6 months while they finishing BETA testing and come out with production units. I'm thinking the RV6 or W2. Probably the RV6 just for the fact that I can get that and a custom tune from Drob for $1200 or $1300. I forget the exact pricing but it is super affordable for what you're getting in return. I'd like to be at 330-350hp.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oops, forgot to include prl flex fuel kit. It was on 30% ethanol when it made 362 and made 285 on 91.
I was gonna say! DRob must be working some REAL magic ?

Even 285whp on 91 is pretty good! My long-term goal is 300 whp on 93, and I think it may be achievable with W1+FBO+custom tune!

CTR retrofit clutch going in tomorrow :D

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I got the email a few weeks ago saying that they will hold the BETA testing pricing for me for 6 months while they finishing BETA testing and come out with production units. I'm thinking the RV6 or W2. Probably the RV6 just for the fact that I can get that and a custom tune from Drob for $1200 or $1300. I forget the exact pricing but it is super affordable for what you're getting in return. I'd like to be at 330-350hp.
yeah its $1000 for the turbo and $300 for the tune for beta pricing. Otherwise it would be $1300 for the turbo and $550 for the tune (400 tune + 50 aftermarket turbo + 100 flex)

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
yeah its $1000 for the turbo and $300 for the tune for beta pricing. Otherwise it would be $1300 for the turbo and $550 for the tune (400 tune + 50 aftermarket turbo + 100 flex)
pretty damn good deal if you ask me. Can't wait for them to come out into production.
Sponsored