Garbanzo

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Country flag
I installed the ktuner in my 2.0.. love it so far but when I was choosing the tune it had 2 options that gave the same info on the ktuner software, the first line had 576 and the second line had 57X (something along those lines) in the name.. is there a difference between the 2?
Sponsored

Garbanzo

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Country flag
Has anyone else not notice a difference in throttle response? I’ve had the ktuner for over 1000kms and maybe 1-2 times out of 10 I can get from 2000 rpm straight to 5000+ but even then that’s only in sport mode. I don’t know if I was expecting too much but I really can’t tell much of a difference. The lowered vtec is nice though

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Has anyone else not notice a difference in throttle response? I’ve had the ktuner for over 1000kms and maybe 1-2 times out of 10 I can get from 2000 rpm straight to 5000+ but even then that’s only in sport mode. I don’t know if I was expecting too much but I really can’t tell much of a difference. The lowered vtec is nice though
You have sport mode?

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Might be a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to tuning. To get the new version (VTEC lowered to 5300) do I just need to uninstall and then reinstall the new ktuner software on my laptop. Basically same process as flashing the first time around, just with the updated software?

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
It does have a throttle response selector.. get to choose from: Factory, ThrottleResponse1, ThrottleResponse2
Oh okay. For some reason I was thinking he had the 6mt
Civic Sports w/CVT certainly have Sport mode..

jimmy100

First Name
Jimmy De L Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 2.0L, Elantra 2015 1.8L
Country flag
Hello I am new to the forum, I have already read the entire topic and I would like to tune into my civic. Any distributor in Mexico? My ecu is model 37820-5BA-X05. Thank you

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We do actually support that ECU for initial support. Online retailers that ship worldwide are listed on the dealers page of our website. www.KTuner.com/dealers

jimmy100

First Name
Jimmy De L Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 2.0L, Elantra 2015 1.8L
Country flag
[QUOTE = "KTuner, publicaciĂłn: 844793, miembro: 13014"]
Realmente apoyamos esa ECU para el soporte inicial. Los minoristas en línea que envían a todo el mundo se enumeran en la página de distribuidores de nuestro sitio web. www.KTuner.com/dealers
[/ CITAR]

Do you mean that although my ecu is not on your list, is it compatible with my vehicle?

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
So I updated the ktuner software and firmware and tried to upload the new tune my car, but it's telling me the ktuner device is locked to a different ecu??? That's not possible because I haven't touched the device since I first tuned it last year. Even the VIN number of my car and the one on the ktuner match. Any idea what could be going on here?

I hit upload, it says "erasing" for a few seconds, tells me to turn the car off, then on then hit "ok". I do that and I get the message telling me it's locked to a different ecu.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Plug it into the vehicle with the key on and check that it's flashing. The data would match unless it's missing VIN or other data.

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Plug it into the vehicle with the key on and check that it's flashing. The data would match unless it's missing VIN or other data.
I'll try to do this again tonight and maybe use a different wire as well, but it was not flashing when I connected it earlier (if I remember correctly). But it does seem to have all the information including VIN and ECU number and the the flash history as well.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The error suggested the unit was not able to verify that info from the ECU. Ensure it's properly connected and flashing.
Sponsored