KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
@KTuner - I apologize for this newbie question as I'm still learning the basics of timing.

I want to know how to properly read the gauge titled "deg (IGN)" on KTuner (TunerView lite specifically)

If the gauge reads 30.50 does that mean there there is 30.50 degrees of ignition retarding?
And if it reads -1.00 does that mean there is 1 degree of ignition advance?

When people say "the ECU is pulling timing and reducing power", does that means the gauge will read more positive, correct (i.e. a higher positive number)?

Example: on a hot day, at WOT the gauge would read 30.50 but on a cool day at WOT the same gauge would read something like 20.50?

Lastly, approximately where should this gauge read under WOT or high RPM conditions (I understand all cars and scenarios are different, but ball-park wise)?

Thanks, and sorry for my elementary questions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Ignition advance.

Depends what the RPM is, temperatures are, boost levels, octane, etc. 30 and 20 at WOT, at what boost level? Or do you mean before boost kicks in?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Ignition advance.

Depends what the RPM is, temperatures are, boost levels, octane, etc. 30 and 20 at WOT, at what boost level? Or do you mean before boost kicks in?
Thanks, basically I just want to know how I can tell (by reading the IGN gauge) if the timing is being retarded and the ECU is intentionally reducing power. Is there anything I can look out for?

I know to look at IAT above ~115F as an indicator that the ECU will likely be reducing power given the high-temps, but is there anything similar for the IGN gauge? Thanks.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Above 115F you'll likely see timing stay pretty low, closer to 0 than the intended values in the ignition maps for the loads you're reaching.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Where is the latest and greatest install instructions to get the ktuner app on my headunit?

Labeller19

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the stage 2 in development will be for a complete stock car like stage 0 and 1 ? I read topic until page 8 and didnt find my answer... also for tune, im from canada and the best we have is 91 octane from shell , we have also 94 from petro canada but i heard that its garbage? Any can help me here? While uploading the tune, do you have to choose between 91 or 93? Waiting for the v1.2 and unlock as we speak @KTuner

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Stage 2 has not been released, so I can't offer any information about development.

The tunes are for 91+. I can't offer any advice on your specific gas station's fuel quality.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Are there any dyno graphs for the dampened tunes? I'd like to see the torque curves. Thanks.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Are there any dyno graphs for the dampened tunes? I'd like to see the torque curves. Thanks.
Probably won't see any difference on a dyno run. Since the dampened is generally for 1st or 2nd gear which isn't used on the dyno to see numbers.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Probably won't see any difference on a dyno run. Since the dampened is generally for 1st or 2nd gear which isn't used on the dyno to see numbers.
The throttle is dampened or at least modified as well I think.
Sponsored