Who has the most miles on their 1.5t civic?

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
There's a million threads on here regarding the longevity of the "X", but nobody is asking real questions...

I know there's gotta be people on here that drive the wheels off their cars... so...

How many miles do you have on yours? What transmission? any notable issues?
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just about to hit 16k. 6 speed manual transmission. No notable issues.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
15.5 K no issues.

Last edited:

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'll admit these Firestone tires that are stock are pretty impressive. I have over 20,000 miles on them and they barely have any wear on them. The post above, the wear bars are still not hit yet after 60,000 miles. Pretty good overall. Most tires I've had in the past start wearing out around 30k.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'll admit these Firestone tires that are stock are pretty impressive. I have over 20,000 miles on them and they barely have any wear on them. The post above, the wear bars are still not hit yet after 60,000 miles. Pretty good overall. Most tires I've had in the past start wearing out around 30k.
I feel the opposite about the firestones. I hit 30k miles and theyre already practically gone. 4/32 wear. I dont do burnouts or anything crazy like that either so I am not sure why they didn't last very long

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey not the highest however I'm at 2 years 3 months 18 days. 66k miles. Bought my civic exl December 31, 2015.

20180415_230802.jpg
What type of sorcery...

36.2k, car's still solid minus a creak/rattle. If winter ever decides to leave hoping these go away a little bit. Only major-ish issue is my A/C had to be evacuated/recharged, probably low from the factory like a few others here.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/719865025/overview/ <-- '16 Touring with 97k, highest I could find, looking at the CarFax shows nothing other than routine maintenance.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I feel the opposite about the firestones. I hit 30k miles and theyre already practically gone. 4/32 wear. I dont do burnouts or anything crazy like that either so I am not sure why they didn't last very long
I generally do a lot of highway driving and these are my first set. Before on my other cars, I typically ran Yokohamas, but these are the stock from the EX. We'll see how well they hold up over time, but I am pretty optimistic these tires should make it at least to 50,000 without issues. I also don't do rough acceleration so not sure they wear quickly. I've had Michelins before too. They drive well. Good grip and low road noise which of course is why they are so expensive.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
42,124 mi.

Issues so far:

Random beeps from head unit, comes and goes
Capless fuel filler randomly spits fuel out sometimes when getting gas. Going in tomorrow AM for TSB application, finally bothered me enough to take action
Middle air vent points to the sky sometimes in hot weather
Screechy sound sometimes on hot start
I've seen wax paper that was thicker than the sheet metal on this car
Idle has become rougher over time. Likely carbon buildup. Application of CRC GDI cleaner seems to have mitigated 90% of this
The paint quality sucks. Thin, easily chipped, easily damaged by the environment even when waxed. Probably the most fragile / crappy paint of any car I've owned

^ the above are known Civic issues, resolutions available with varying degrees of success

Firestone tires are holding up remarkably well for the miles, and they balance perfectly, which is more than I can say for many tires I've had in the past. No complaints with them, really.

CVT fluid replaced 10k miles ago. No transmission issues or odd behavior at this point.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
What type of sorcery...

36.2k, car's still solid minus a creak/rattle. If winter ever decides to leave hoping these go away a little bit. Only major-ish issue is my A/C had to be evacuated/recharged, probably low from the factory like a few others here.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/719865025/overview/ <-- '16 Touring with 97k, highest I could find, looking at the CarFax shows nothing other than routine maintenance.
Between the accessories, the fact that is a Touring, and the high miles in a short period of time, I don’t even want to know how badly this person got hosed on a trade in.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
42,000 here...

Self tuned for the last 32,000.

The left front strut top bearing pops a bit. Other than that, the brakes pulsing (pads still at 50%), and the factory tires wearing out, it drives exactly the same as when I got it.
Sponsored