Who has the most miles on their 1.5t civic?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Between the accessories, the fact that is a Touring, and the high miles in a short period of time, I don’t even want to know how badly this person got hosed on a trade in.
Wouldn't be surprised if he barely got $10k if that. I'm in for the long haul and really don't plan to mod much since I know it's just sinking money in that I'll never get back.
Sponsored

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
42,000 here...

Self tuned for the last 32,000.

The left front strut top bearing pops a bit. Other than that, the brakes pulsing (pads still at 50%), and the factory tires wearing out, it drives exactly the same as when I got it.

Disturbing that a strut mount bearing is already going bad. They should last twice the miles you have on the car, at least.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
14xxx Mainly Highway miles, about 1/3 are city miles. CVT Sport Touring, no issues whatsoever.
Still hate my CVT and I don't know what to do with my hands.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
The most impressive part is you got the temp to match.

But you missed the clock. 6:66

[SIZE=16px said:
"PandaThePeter, post: 391792, member: 5611"]Hey not the highest however I'm at 2 years 3 months 18 days. 66k miles. Bought my civic exl December 31, 2015.[/SIZE]

20180415_230802.jpg

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
36,000 miles yesterday. CVT trans. My brakes are getting noisy and are probably due for replacing soon. Other than that, car is sound.
wow brakes noisy at 36k? on my last civic i drove 80k on factory brakes with no noise.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow brakes noisy at 36k? on my last civic i drove 80k on factory brakes with no noise.
I was a bit surprised myself. I drive mostly highway miles and I'm pretty gentle on my brakes. I haven't inspected them yet, I've just noticed some noise when backing out of the garage.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I was a bit surprised myself. I drive mostly highway miles and I'm pretty gentle on my brakes. I haven't inspected them yet, I've just noticed some noise when backing out of the garage.
I believe when you back out from the garage, the pad is not at the operating temperature. Any noise after the brake has heated up after some distance?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I beat the shit out of my brakes and started getting some "whispering" noise when braking at low speeds around 30k. The pads look like theyll make it to 80-90k (although Ive likely glazed them badly) but the rotors will not. The brakes are just way too small after the reflash lol.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I beat the shit out of my brakes and started getting some "whispering" noise when braking at low speeds around 30k. The pads look like theyll make it to 80-90k (although Ive likely glazed them badly) but the rotors will not. The brakes are just way too small after the reflash lol.
Are they also whispering "kill.... hissssss....killl......hisssssss"?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
They are probably saying "upgrade me , upgrade me" . I saw someone else here use that description and it is kinda accurate haha.

dslthg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Just broke 22,000 after about 13 months on my ex-t. No mechanical issues yet. Only oil changes and topping off fluids.
I can't get over how low-maintenance this car is, after driving a Chrysler that spent most of its time in the shop. I only hope it lasts!

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Anybody run into the infamous oil-dilution problem that supposedly "plagued" the 1.5T engine (more notably in the CRV).

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a little over 42,000 miles on my Touring sedan. Bought it in December of 2015. Driving is still an absolute joy in this thing. The tires are still good. They may be starting to approach their end of life soon, but I might be able to squeeze another year out of them. The key fob battery died yesterday, which seems like kind of a short life, but I do use the remote start often, so that could have killed it faster. The battery was easy to replace, though.

My only gripe is the infotainment system, but that thing's always been a little terrible. I think the "Home" button is very sensitive to humidity for some reason, which I think is the culprit for the random beeps. I wish they would have implemented real, physical buttons instead.

VI001101106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
55k after 27 months.

I've dealt with everything everyone has said here except the brakes and the strut mount.

Still love it. The only thing that makes me want to get rid of it is the new Accord and the new Insight.
Sponsored