The "Who regrets their purchase!" Thread

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
Who all if anyone here regrets purchasing their new hatchback? Or other 10th gen for that matter! I sadfully do. I cant seen to get around its blindspots. Idk if its me or the car but i have never in my life had so many close calls from switching lanes than i have in this car. Also the cvt trans is just the most jerkiest, weird shifting tranny ive ever had (yes ive owned cvt before) and i also find it unsafe as it tends to lunge forward as im almost at a stop forcing me to jam the brakes again to avoid rear ending somebody. The bluetooth dont like any phones i try. And the dash rattles are crazy annoying. And idk how but everyone seems to be getting amazing gas mileage yet im 1100 miles deep in mine and its taken 5 full tanks from empty to get there! Thats not good. Idk guys, but i really just wish i could drop this thing off at honda and say give me my 2013 honda fit sport again. Im not a happy customer and it sucks! Sucks so bad to have a month old car and hate it. Sucks.
Sponsored

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Who all if anyone here regrets purchasing their new hatchback? Or other 10th gen for that matter! I sadfully do. I cant seen to get around its blindspots. Idk if its me or the car but i have never in my life had so many close calls from switching lanes than i have in this car. Also the cvt trans is just the most jerkiest, weird shifting tranny ive ever had (yes ive owned cvt before) and i also find it unsafe as it tends to lunge forward as im almost at a stop forcing me to jam the brakes again to avoid rear ending somebody. The bluetooth dont like any phones i try. And the dash rattles are crazy annoying. And idk how but everyone seems to be getting amazing gas mileage yet im 1100 miles deep in mine and its taken 5 full tanks from empty to get there! Thats not good. Idk guys, but i really just wish i could drop this thing off at honda and say give me my 2013 honda fit sport again. Im not a happy customer and it sucks! Sucks so bad to have a month old car and hate it. Sucks.
man that sucks especially if the car makes you miss the fit. I regret getting mine. My golf seemed a lot more premium but I needed extra space. Even with the new Si I was excited at first, since that was the car I wanted to get but here in Canada its 28400 and I can get a elantra sport on the promo they have now for 23k. Might make my move to Hyundai next year. Btw mine had a bad rattle near the cluster which I solved but was a pain in the butt.

OP
OP
TxSi

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah its not a good feeling for sure. The idea of being stuck in this thing for at least 3-4 more years isnt sitting well w me. Lol but oh well i guess live and learn. Just wondering if any others were feeling same way i am.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yeah its not a good feeling for sure. The idea of being stuck in this thing for at least 3-4 more years isnt sitting well w me. Lol but oh well i guess live and learn. Just wondering if any others were feeling same way i am.

I am loving my 2017 Civic HB Sport.

Haven't had a single issue with the vehicle (and no issues with blind spots either...)

You want to hear a bad experience? I had a 2015 Cherokee Sport 4X4 V6.

Within 10 minutes the stop/start failed and left me stuck in the middle of an intersection

2 days later horn didn't work

Dealer destroyed my back bumper, said they would fix it then ignored all calls, jeep head office didn't care until I went nuts on their Facebook page (which I'm now banned for) then they got it taken care of.

And a whole ton of other problems.

What made me pack it in and trade it in after 2.5 years? The transmission started slipping and getting stuck in Park AFTER a recall on the transaxle.

I sent a pissed off email to the dealer they said bring it in they'll make sure everything is fixed. They had it for 2 days, said they road tested and all issues were fixed. I got in and looked at the KM on the odometer and made a note before, they didn't even move it .2KM.

Issues all remained. So I emailed them back telling them to go **** themselves and take me off all communication and emails and that if I ever get a promotional email from them again that I would be getting the appropriate agencies involved to fine them since it would now be spam.

Never heard from them since.

So you can probably imagine why now I like my Civic so much more now. I have about 2500KM on it and 0 issues. I've heard maybe one or two vibrations somewhere in the dash but haven't since.

OP
OP
TxSi

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar experience to be honest lol, with my 2011 honda fit sport. Car was a nightmare and eventually deemed a lemon. My 09 fit sport was awesome. My 13 fit sport was awesome. My 11 , well i already explained that one, it was deemed a lemon, but i went through a nightmare getting that done but once i did honda took great care of me. Im not claiming my new hatch is a lemon because i cant even believe for a second id end up with another one lol, but the mpg's def have me worried. And idk what the deal is with blind spots but its the worst ive ever experienced in a vehicle. Idk if its my height 5'7" or what but its bad. Real bad. Im 41 and have owned over 30 cars lol. But yeah at this point im not happy at all. Awaiting a rerurn call from my dealer right now matter of fact because im trying to return it and get something else. This car aint gonna cut it for me!

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I had a similar experience to be honest lol, with my 2011 honda fit sport. Car was a nightmare and eventually deemed a lemon. My 09 fit sport was awesome. My 13 fit sport was awesome. My 11 , well i already explained that one, it was deemed a lemon, but i went through a nightmare getting that done but once i did honda took great care of me. Im not claiming my new hatch is a lemon because i cant even believe for a second id end up with another one lol, but the mpg's def have me worried. And idk what the deal is with blind spots but its the worst ive ever experienced in a vehicle. Idk if its my height 5'7" or what but its bad. Real bad. Im 41 and have owned over 30 cars lol. But yeah at this point im not happy at all. Trying to return it and get something else.
Yea see in Canada we have no lemon law type of thing. If we did, I would have been on my 4th or 5th Cherokee by now at least. Never again will I buy ANYTHING made by Chrysler... ever. Not just because of the one I had, but because of how they treated me, both the company itself AND the dealer

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The only blindspot I really have in my hatch is on the left side which was solved with a bubble mirror and or looking over my shoulder. CVT is a bit jerky though which is annoying but coming from a Ford Explorer where I had to replace a rear end, transmission, clutch, etc. (previous owner wasn't exactly friendly to the car) I'm good.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
My only regret is the car lacking BSI... which is why I was looking at a 2017 CR-V initially. That's the only real big miss IMO... but everything else is pretty much spot on.

I've owned a GE Fit - wouldn't recommend it, they're just not happy cars on our highways. Between a crazy high RPM droning manual at highway speeds, and all versions being rather easily tossed around by winds, the car is quite unsafe and rather unrefined.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My only regret is that I couldn't wait for the Type R.

I do hate that Honda didn't treat the SPORT TOURING more on the premium side. I hate the cheap plastics, like the Armrest.

My 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD is the opposite where I think Nissan put too much into it the MSRP price should've been in the $40's but not complaining.

OP
OP
TxSi

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i will agree there, as far as the wind blowing it around , but coilovers and rear anti sway bars and wider wheels and tires totally fixed those issues with ease. I had all autos w paddle shifters so idk about what the manuals do lol. But yeah the fit is def an economized car. I didnt mind its cheap interior tho cause it cost 18k so didnt expect much honestly lol. But truth be told i liked the fits handling much better than this new hatch is giving me. If only the fit would of had this engine w turbo, id probably kept it till its death!

OP
OP
TxSi

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i will agree there, as far as the wind blowing it around , but coilovers and rear anti sway bars and wider wheels and tires totally fixed those issues with ease. I had all autos w paddle shifters so idk about what the manuals do lol. But yeah the fit is def an economized car. I didnt mind its cheap interior tho cause it cost 18k so didnt expect much honestly lol. But truth be told i liked the fits handling much better than this new hatch is giving me. If only the fit would of had this engine w turbo, id probably kept it till its death!
Over the last 5yrs while everyone else was fearful of mustangs crashing into them I was running from big rigs blowing me off the road in my ge8 fit! Lol

Last edited:

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i regret getting a sensing model, not only do i find it useless in my personal opinion but i could have spent that $1000 elsewhere on upgrades and it limits modding to a certain extent :(

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Can't say I regret the purchase, although I did really like the Fit as well. There were some things that kept me from getting the fit, but the size was very appealing, but price wise it did not make sense vs a Civic (less than $900 difference). Also when I wanted to test drive a Fit, 3 of them in a row wouldn't start (brand new 2017). That was also a HUGE red flag.

I briefly looked at the hatchbacks, but decided to get a sedan. Seems like there have been more problems with the hatchbacks vs sedans. I originally got the Honda due to quality, and I don't know if it is due to the new re-design or Honda slipping, but this most recent model does not seem up to par with releases back in 2005-2010 time frame.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No complaints with my hatchback. I was a bit hesitant coming from a WRX but I've really enjoyed this car so far.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I somewhat regret not waiting for the hatch. If I waited a full year, I woulda gotten a Sport Touring.

Sedan still meets 99.8% of my needs, though.
Sponsored