First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! I really appreciate. Yeah, it's one of my favorite colors for this Generation. I've never owned a red car before, but glad I made the choice.

Be sure to post pics once it's installed!
I will as soon as it’s done. Spacers, coils CDV delete and PRL stainless clutch line going in all at once.
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Clear side markers. If I could only have 1 mod and no other that would be it. I personally would not drive the car if it kept the orange markers. It bothers me that much.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't realize the intake could affect the noise from the turbo. How does that work?
when the intake is on you can hear the by pass valve sucking air and reecirculating it and when you let go you hear the woosh
cant explain better than that sorry...lol

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to say that the Ktuner V2 is my favorite mod. The ability to know all of my cars running metrics (ECT, AFR, IAT, Knock control, etc) is something i would sorely miss. Also, the ability to read codes on the go is pretty awesome. I was once able to read a code, and then have my wife look it up, all while driving somewhere. We had a code pop on during the drive, and by the time the drive was over, I had a plan for correction.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THAT BEING SAID........

If I could mod my FK7, I'd get suspension, brakes, tires, and wheels, and go autocrossing on the weekends. That 1% of my EP3 driving was a lot of fun, and it scratched my drive-like-a-hooligan itch that I can't get on public roads.
you really think the Type R actually needs suspension, brakes, and tires first?

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
when the intake is on you can hear the by pass valve sucking air and reecirculating it and when you let go you hear the woosh
cant explain better than that sorry...lol
I could never hear much of anything in my HB with the CVT. With my 6 speed, it seems that I can hear things happening under the hood and I like it and want to hear a bit more. I'm thinking of a CAI just because of this. I know their impact can be minimal, but I'm going to hold off on a tuner until I get things like this done.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
you really think the Type R actually needs suspension, brakes, and tires first?
What imccly89 said ^^^^

If I got a CTR, I'm not sure what I would change, if anything at all. Ditching the stock three-way adjustable electronic suspension sounds like a terrible idea (I mean, it was well-sorted for the 'Ring, so I'd probably screw it up). My regular Sport Touring can go fast enough to earn me a ticket, so I wouldn't need to make the CTR any faster.

Maybe smaller wheels for better bump absorption in daily driving -- gotta have a winter set, at least.

And different tires for track and autocross, because what good is a Type-R if you don't Race it, right?

Other than that, no, I don't think I'd modify a Type-R one bit. Well, maybe one of those JDM stickers for elderly drivers, since I'm near colonoscopy age...

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
For me, so far, its the acuity throttle pedal repositioner.
What's it like? I really don't need to heel-toe in my commute and I'm not going to track my car, but I feel like it would be a fun skill to have and I just can't reach comfortably with the current setup. Are you using position C?

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's it like? I really don't need to heel-toe in my commute and I'm not going to track my car, but I feel like it would be a fun skill to have and I just can't reach comfortably with the current setup. Are you using position C?
I feel exactly the same, would like to practice that skill. Even during commutes, i enjoy pretending im on a track.

FC2Sid

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic LX 6 Speed
Last week I had Tein Flex Z coilovers, Eibach 19mm rsb and K-Tuned rear adjustable control arms installed . And my God ! The difference is outstanding. The car feels like a luxury sports sedan. When aligned, I had it lowered about 1 1/4 inches with camber set at -1.8 all around . The height is perfect .

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not amnesiac but I just installed the Acuity Throttle Spacer and I have to say the difference in ability to heel to is huge. When I first got the car I attempted to heel-toe a few times, even spent some time searching tips and tricks. I just couldn't realistically make it work on the road while driving.

Ive only gone for a short test drive since installation but I was immediately able to heel toe downshift. I still need practice because it's a new skill for me, but I can definitely do it.

Super happy with the purchase and I feel even everyday driving and commuting will be smoother and more fun with this upgrade/mod.