turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
What is your one favorite, interior, exterior under-the-hood, old or new, and all other mods on your completed list, that you have? You can brag about something people don't normally see right away, so lets hear it!

Since I have only owned my Civic for a few days now and am still looking for my first add ons, my favorite thing is the color. I was deciding between a Kia Forte and the Civic. Both are extremely nice cars performance wise and very similar, so it came down to pure looks and aesthetic, and the color and after market potential is what really sold me for the Civic.
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are a couple in no particular order.

KTuner Stage 2 CVT basemap
Si rear sway bar
Sport hatch 18’s and 235 tires

Honda Civic 10th gen What is your favorite mod you've done? 404E9A04-CA60-4F88-AF7B-C84B99D38287

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
There are a couple in no particular order.

KTuner Stage 2 CVT basemap
Si rear sway bar
Sport hatch 18’s and 235 tires

404E9A04-CA60-4F88-AF7B-C84B99D38287.jpeg
wow you have some good stuff! I'd like to get some different tires, way down the line though, but someday.
That KTuner looks real cool to monitor things and get some performance points so to say, but I don't know if I would really utilize it much. That's very cool though so as I learn about my own car, maybe I will get into that sometime down the road.
Are you using that Ktuner to monitor more or for more of the performance boots? Or both I guess?

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you using that Ktuner to monitor more or for more of the performance boots? Or both I guess?
I haven’t hooked the computer up since I pushed the tune.
Mostly I just enjoy the improved power and throttle response the tune gives.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've done very little mods, none for performance, all just cosmetic. My favourite is upgrading the exterior lighting. I changed out the brake, backup, and rear turn signal bulbs for LEDs - for brighter and instant on illumination. As I have a Sport Touring, the front headlight assemblies are already all LED. Also dropped in yellow fog lights, and OEM clear side markers with yellow bulbs.

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I've done very little mods, none for performance, all just cosmetic. My favourite is upgrading the exterior lighting. I changed out the brake, backup, and rear turn signal bulbs for LEDs - for brighter and instant on illumination. As I have a Sport Touring, the front headlight assemblies are already all LED. Also dropped in yellow fog lights, and OEM clear side markers with yellow bulbs.
Oooh nice that's on my list too! Where did you get your set from?

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I haven’t hooked the computer up since I pushed the tune.
Mostly I just enjoy the improved power and throttle response the tune gives.
Ok, that works! I was hoping it could be a little punchier like some of the other cars I was test driving before finally deciding on the civic, so I will look into that for the future!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, that works! I was hoping it could be a little punchier like some of the other cars I was test driving before finally deciding on the civic, so I will look into that for the future!
The one performance mod you can get that will transform your car more than anything else is a tune. Even with a completely stock 1.5T, you can see big gains in driveability and 0-60 times. A tune and good tires is a simple, fantastic plan for upgrading your car.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What is your favorite mod you've done? 5EF04548-3D5C-4CB6-A8E8-412C6F9F1631

In order, 1st is what i like most;
Muffler delete
Black wheels
Whiteline RSB + Sirimoto FSTB
Tint
Husky all weather mats, huge for the midwestern winters
Chrome delete
Grille + side markers
Some of my gray trim/fascia pieces were fading so i repainted them gloss black

The sound is what’s going to keep me with this car, the engine sounds great with some added power and no/less sound restriction

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one performance mod you can get that will transform your car more than anything else is a tune. Even with a completely stock 1.5T, you can see big gains in driveability and 0-60 times. A tune and good tires is a simple, fantastic plan for upgrading your car.
What he said.
Absolute game changer in drivability improvement.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oooh nice that's on my list too! Where did you get your set from?
I got the parts from all over, including pilfering them from my previous Acura TSX, which uses some of the same bulb types. Amazon is a good place to source out parts, as long as you know the bulb types, but read the reviews. There are equally good and equally bad parts on there.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite thing is by FAR the APR GTC-300 wing I slapped on a few months ago. Maximum rice, 100% racecar now.
Honda Civic 10th gen What is your favorite mod you've done? IMG_20200916_112257-01

I'm not sure if my favorite bolt on really counts... I got a 3" catback thinking it would sound fantastic but really left something to be desired. I threw in the Afe catted downpipe and it sounds so good now I'm constantly on it to hear the exhaust ?

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
I like my ktuner and rv6 downpipe on my 2.0L CVT
Makes it more of a fun economy car lol

Besides this and new muffler, k&n drop-in filter, Hondahack w/ Tunerview, I haven't done anything else to my car. I do have 17 inch rims and new tires now. The rest is cosmetic. For cosmetic, I like that I did a chrome delete. Not a big fan of chrome lol Also got rain guards, partially tinted tail lights, LED headlights and lasfit floormats. I had a problem ordering random stuff for my car for a good month once lol I can say im completely done with everything I really want to do with this car.

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
5EF04548-3D5C-4CB6-A8E8-412C6F9F1631.jpeg

In order, 1st is what i like most;
Muffler delete
Black wheels
Whiteline RSB + Sirimoto FSTB
Tint
Husky all weather mats, huge for the midwestern winters
Chrome delete
Grille + side markers
Some of my gray trim/fascia pieces were fading so i repainted them gloss black

The sound is what’s going to keep me with this car, the engine sounds great with some added power and no/less sound restriction
Nice work there! I will say with all the aggressive exterior work I plan on doing the next few weeks, it just seems strange to me that there will be no aggressive sounds to it since I don't want to mess with the engine too much as it's brand new for me. After the warranty is gone, I will look into that for sound adjustment!