What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dropped my car off... again... to get the paint fixed after it got scratched up... again...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) giphy-14
Sponsored

bb49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
A couple of weeks ago I started hearing a banging in the right rear. Took it into the dealer and sure enough the right rear strut was broken, as I suspected.
I got it in for replacement last week and they stated they had to replace the entire strut assembly.
Thank god for warranties.
Has anyone else experienced this? No, I did not hit anything with the car.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New fender installed and painted.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 52005926_2351653838192427_1467167880649900032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fgum2-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 51816590_2351653898192421_2071793284723769344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fgum2-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 51679974_2351653984859079_5215842953238413312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fgum2-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 51760963_2351654081525736_3206569278354489344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fgum2-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 52291545_2351654178192393_1333206995989168128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fgum2-1

Jyongonz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The ones i have are 3m and clips. I got it from pro design civic. I think they were 65 bucks. Really good priced and quality is good. You can pm procivic and he will give you a civicx forum member coupon too!
Oh sweet! Thanks for the advice, I was looking at OEM ones but they're so expensive it kinda hurts

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
With how shitty the weather has been here, I have a ton of things just waiting around to get done. So I am working through the small things until it stops snowing/gets above 50. Here is a picture of my car next to the new Jetta GLI in Pure Grey, Love that more OEMs are putting out this shade of grey!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) ZggXZEN

Added this phone mount because the one I had previously put the phone in front of the vent and it would overheat/block the vent. Love the new placement! I also am less worried that it will scuff the trim pieces as it clipped in and is super secure.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) nQ718U8

I replaced the vanity lights with LEDs to match the rest of the car. They take a T5 and are a real pain to get out. Someone on another thread recommended putting tape on the bulb but I found with a pair of needle nose tweezers I was able to pull the old bulbs out.

Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) zPL5gTa

After:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) uWDlXSu

I also replaced the silver plate screws with black ones. It helps to detract from the fact that the dealer put my registration sticker on lopsided lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) p5M1YQP

Once the weather gets better I have the following projects to get done:
  • Engine Panel Covers - want to wipe down everything before they are installed
  • Trunk Lip Guard - want to put some PPF on the lip and cover up a chip from the first owner before I put the plastic piece down
  • Splash Guards - want to clay and touch up paint chips that would fall under them before they are installed
  • Mugen Visors - need to get the window chrome delete kit to measure and install before the visors go on

Lastly is a hatch I saw this weekend. For all those who don't know anything about Maryland. We love our obnoxious flag and putting it on everything. The license plates, as backdrops for badges, websites, cop cars, everything. This is out front of a local dealer :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 8eF008W

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Took it in for its "B" service. The car's service reminder also recommended tire rotation (told them no, because I change the wheels seasonally anyway) and air filters (also told them no, and bought them from the parts counter instead). Figure I'll change them this afternoon by myself for the first time.

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a link for those? Getting my splitter soon and looking for rod options
They're just cheap, run of the mill 8"-11" rods off Ebay I got for $11. Pretty much any 8"-11" rods should work. Like I said, I'd recommend finding some actual locking nuts laying around the house and using those to replace the ones that come with whichever rods you end up getting, because they they most likely will fall off.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Took it in for its "B" service. The car's service reminder also recommended tire rotation (told them no, because I change the wheels seasonally anyway) and air filters (also told them no, and bought them from the parts counter instead). Figure I'll change them this afternoon by myself for the first time.
Well shit, the air filters were easy. Typical Honda smarts in that the airbox bolts stay attached to the top half. And dropping the glovebox was easier than my EP3's because the side stoppers didn't need to be removed. The surprise was that the glovebox itself drops onto the floor because it's not actually screwed to the bottom -- the "hinge" is just a couple claws that hold onto a pair of half-circle rods. Clever stuff.

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
With how shitty the weather has been here, I have a ton of things just waiting around to get done. So I am working through the small things until it stops snowing/gets above 50. Here is a picture of my car next to the new Jetta GLI in Pure Grey, Love that more OEMs are putting out this shade of grey!

ZggXZEN.jpg

Added this phone mount because the one I had previously put the phone in front of the vent and it would overheat/block the vent. Love the new placement! I also am less worried that it will scuff the trim pieces as it clipped in and is super secure.

nQ718U8.jpg

I replaced the vanity lights with LEDs to match the rest of the car. They take a T5 and are a real pain to get out. Someone on another thread recommended putting tape on the bulb but I found with a pair of needle nose tweezers I was able to pull the old bulbs out.

Before:
zPL5gTa.jpg

After:
uWDlXSu.jpg

I also replaced the silver plate screws with black ones. It helps to detract from the fact that the dealer put my registration sticker on lopsided lol.

p5M1YQP.jpg

• Trunk Lip Guard - want to put some PPF on the lip and cover up a chip from the first owner before I put the plastic piece down
  • Splash Guards - want to clay and touch up paint chips that would fall under them before they are installed
  • Mugen Visors - need to get the window chrome delete kit to measure and install before the visors go on

Lastly is a hatch I saw this weekend. For all those who don't know anything about Maryland. We love our obnoxious flag and putting it on everything. The license plates, as backdrops for badges, websites, cop cars, everything. This is out front of a local dealer :rofl:

8eF008W.jpg

Join the DMV 10th gen page! If you haven’t already

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag

ZggXZEN.jpg

nQ718U8.jpg

Before:
zPL5gTa.jpg

After:
uWDlXSu.jpg

p5M1YQP.jpg

8eF008W.jpg
Phone mount link pls

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woah!! Is that fender functional? Where did you get it? Looks real good man!
grabbed it from Type S racing for 600 shipped, there is about a 1 month lead time though as they still have to fabricate the fender. Ikon also has a Type R sytle fender available also for about 500 i think.
Sponsored