Walk away lock feature problems

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes.... it beeps once when the door is closed, then a series of rapid beeps when you walk away, doors remain unlocked. All 3 2017 touring coupes do the same thing.
Sponsored

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes 3 Quick Beeps.
Your walking away too quickly. Stay close to car when closing door if key is in pocket. If you swing the door closed behind you and start walking away you will get those 3 beeps. Out of range. You have to be close. Remember it's a proximity issue. At least that's what I noticed. If I wait a second before walking away I rarely have issues.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your walking away too quickly. Stay close to car when closing door if key is in pocket. If you swing the door closed behind you and start walking away you will get those 3 beeps. Out of range. You have to be close. Remember it's a proximity issue. At least that's what I noticed. If I wait a second before walking away I rarely have issues.
My car was with the dealer for 3 days being diagnosed with the help of Honda tech line so I'm pretty sure it's not some simple fix. They (the service manager) tested a EX-T sedan and it worked. Tried the same method on my touring coupe and another touring coupe and no dice.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My car was with the dealer for 3 days being diagnosed with the help of Honda tech line so I'm pretty sure it's not some simple fix. They (the service manager) tested a EX-T sedan and it worked. Tried the same method on my touring coupe and another touring coupe and no dice.
Just trying to help my friend. Sell the car!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you're backwards on that. If the car thinks the key is still inside of the vehicle, it will not auto-lock. Close proximity would cause problems, not solve them.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think you're backwards on that. If the car thinks the key is still inside of the vehicle, it will not auto-lock. Close proximity would cause problems, not solve them.
Try again. I am correct. I am not going to explain this to simple minded people. Your backwards. This will give quick 5 beeps. Not 3. So maybe this is something different like a low battery in fob. I am not sure. So I see others have posted 3. But for others who want to know how the system works I will explain after the door shuts the key 'has to be in range' yes it does. (This doesn't cause doors to lock!!!!!) now when you 'walk away' it sees that the fob is now going 'out of range'. Hence walk away. I don't like repeating myself. If you have already 'walked away' when the door shuts it won't work. Try it is all I got to say. Keep fob in pocket and rush out the door and start walking and close door behind you-most likely to get the quick 5 or so beeps. But heck I might be wrong maybe there is something wrong with people's proximity feature. This is what I noticed as well as others have on other forums. Like I said before just trying to help those who are willing to try my recommendations by not leaving so quickly after shutting driver door. I agree there are times that maybe the signal is poor and I will still get the beeps. But this is like 1 out of 20-30 auto lock attempts.

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Simple minded"? You serious guy?

You're so completely wrong in that horribly punctuated response, I don't know where to even begin.

Unlock your car in your house. Don't take the fab with you. Open your car door and shut it. It will autolock because the car does not see that fob inside the vehicle. Hell, start your car and leave the key in the house. Drive to the store without the key and get out. The car will autolock with the fob in the next county.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
"Simple minded"? You serious guy?

You're so completely wrong in that horribly punctuated response, I don't know where to even begin.

Unlock your car in your house. Don't take the fab with you. Open your car door and shut it. It will autolock because the car does not see that fob inside the vehicle. Hell, start your car and leave the key in the house. Drive to the store without the key and get out. The car will autolock with the fob in the next county.
You are simple guy!!! That is the auto lock feature!!!! (Time to lock) Damn your stupid. This is not 'walk away' feature. I'm done w u. Bye. You said I was backwards when not even giving my recommendation a try. I said I'm trying to help others out there that have this issue. You are beyond helping since 'you are always right'

Last edited:

ghostie

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are simple guy!!! That is the auto lock feature!!!! (Time to lock) Damn your stupid. This is not 'walk away' feature. I'm done w u. Bye. You said I was backwards when not even giving my recommendation a try. I said I'm trying to help others out there that have this issue. You are beyond helping since 'you are always right'
My dude, calm down. No need to get frustrated over nothing, and it was unnecessary to insult the person.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Learn to read.

Honda Civic 10th gen Walk away lock feature problems upload_2016-11-29_8-41-54

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My dude, calm down. No need to get frustrated over nothing, and it was unnecessary to insult the person.
I'm trying to help people on here and he comes and states that I'm completely backwards. I had this issue and I know that maybe this will apply to others. But also there might be some issues with there cars. Rather than try what I had to say and comes out with the comments like that doesn't help anyone.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Learn to read.

upload_2016-11-29_8-41-54.png
I'm not here for an English lesson.
These people are having the beeps after driving their car and getting out. Not leaving a key in house or a mile away. They stated they get the beeps because the car is not auto locking when walking away. 'They don't have the fob in there house'. They have the 'walk away' feature enabled. I had this issue and corrected it by doing what I said. That's all.
I needed to vent a little. My wife's Honda got totaled the other day. Seriously. No offense.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not here for an English lesson.
These people are having the beeps after driving their car and getting out. Not leaving a key in house or a mile away. They stated they get the beeps because the car is not auto locking when walking away. 'They don't have the fob in there house'. They have the 'walk away' feature enabled. I had this issue and corrected it by doing what I said. That's all.
I needed to vent a little. My wife's Honda got totaled the other day. Seriously. No offense.
I don't care if your house burned down, learn how to speak to people properly and you'll find your life will be a lot less stressful.

I'm not even going to continue this conversation with you. You obviously do not understand how RFID or this system works.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't care if your house burned down, learn how to speak to people properly and you'll find your life will be a lot less stressful.

I'm not even going to continue this conversation with you. You obviously do not understand how RFID or this system works.
Like I said before. Sell it

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
My phone and fob are always in left and right pants pockets, and I still have the problem once in a while. I think it fails less frequently when I go directly away from the car perpendicularly for a step or two before walking back towards the trunk (which is not possible in the garage). Hope someone figures why this is happening and what the fix is.
Sponsored