CoopKill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I am only at about a 10% failure rate. I have tried both fobs with a single key with no change. Both fobs with no keys, no change, and both fobs with three keys, no change.

I have not dug under the dash, but have any of you seen the control module? Does it have an external wire antenna/transmitter? (small wire about 3"s?)

There seems to be a great variance in failure rate among owners. I wonder if it has to do with the transmitting antenna in the car being obscured.
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
What I do now is when I have the rapid beeps, I would open and close the door. I would make sure there is a single beep before I walk away.

Before this, I would use the fob to lock the door when I got the rapid beeps. I noticed that I do the manual lock, the automatic unlocking afterward would not work properly.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
What I do now is when I have the rapid beeps, I would open and close the door. I would make sure there is a single beep before I walk away.

Before this, I would use the fob to lock the door when I got the rapid beeps. I noticed that I do the manual lock, the automatic unlocking afterward would not work properly.
I've gone the opposite way -- I used to reopen and re-close random doors (or even the hatch) until it gave the single beep. Then I got tired of doing that, so now I mostly use the fob instead when the auto-lock fails.

I haven't had auto-unlock problems yet, though. When I use the fob, I press the button twice so the car beeps in response. Do you do the same with yours?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I've gone the opposite way -- I used to reopen and re-close random doors (or even the hatch) until it gave the single beep. Then I got tired of doing that, so now I mostly use the fob instead when the auto-lock fails.
I haven't had auto-unlock problems yet, though. When I use the fob, I press the button twice so the car beeps in response. Do you do the same with yours?
I now seldom use the fob to lock/unlock the doors. I found that if I lock by the fob, the automatic unlock would not work.
When I get the rapid beeps, I would just open and close the door. I will get one beep right away and another beep when I walk away. This procedure works well.

Ladyluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have been playing around with mine for the last week and have noticed that when my Samsung S8+ is in my purse with the fob, I get the beeps. If I take the phone out of the purse/away from the fob...no beeps. No issues with keychains

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I now seldom use the fob to lock/unlock the doors. I found that if I lock by the fob, the automatic unlock would not work.
When I get the rapid beeps, I would just open and close the door. I will get one beep right away and another beep when I walk away. This procedure works well.
I had been opening and closing doors, but sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't; sometimes the redoing the driver's door worked, sometimes it didn't, so out of frustration I'd try a different door (say, rear driver's side door) and then it'd work for some inexplicable reason (I mean, nobody's used that door since Christmas).

That's why I gave up on opening and closing doors, and now I mostly just double-press the key fob button instead. As long as it locks and gives the single-beep confirmation, I'm ok.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I finally said F it and turned mine off. That fast beep crap happened way too much and was annoying.

I had been opening and closing doors, but sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't; sometimes the redoing the driver's door worked, sometimes it didn't, so out of frustration I'd try a different door (say, rear driver's side door) and then it'd work for some inexplicable reason (I mean, nobody's used that door since Christmas).

That's why I gave up on opening and closing doors, and now I mostly just double-press the key fob button instead. As long as it locks and gives the single-beep confirmation, I'm ok.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I've started just pressing the lock button on the outside door handle. I'm usually close enough to the car when the double beep happens that it's not hard to just take a couple of steps back to the car and press the button. Easier than digging my keys out of my pocket.

jeffasaul

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan - Aegean Blue - Her name is "Azora"
Country flag
When I first got my car a month ago, Walk-Away lock and Remote Start and other remote features weren't working at all except if I just lock/unlock via remote and the rear passenger door would not open from inside or outside. One day, once it was warmer, I physically rocked the lock switch on the RP door, and then all of a sudden all of the remote functions worked fine.

All was good until recently, I get the multiple chirps when closing door (sometimes even if I am in the car). Each time I either toggle the power lock switch back and forth or walk around and physically rock the RP switch. This usually works fixes the issue for awhile. I notice that this happens much more in the cold.

Have a few keys and a Swiss army knife on with one and just one key and my wife;s remote with the other; don't think this was the issue this caused it.

I think the physical switch on the RP door is somehow not fully locking/unlocking as far as the remote's sensor knows. So it thinks it's not locked, when it is is; thus giving the car/remote false data and the remote reacts accordingly. I am definitely going to have the dealer look at this when i go for my first service.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update --

Earlier this week, I took my car to a different dealer and showed them the same video clips I had put together before. They did a data reset via the head unit, said it seemed to be fixed but to let them know if it started acting up again.

It's the same as it was, though, and I took it back to let them try again. They said they'll order a new Body Control Module, and it should arrive next week. They'll replace it under warranty.

I may have said this before: It's just an inconvenience, not a show-stopper, but I want Honda to figure out how to make their features work more reliably, and the best way to help as an owner (IMO) is to report problems to them.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Yeah mine will do a series of quick beeps when I just get in the car before starting it.. annoying this car

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's the same as it was, though, and I took it back to let them try again. They said they'll order a new Body Control Module, and it should arrive next week. They'll replace it under warranty.
Next update:

They replaced the BCM on time, and the walk-away auto lock has been a LOT more reliable. There's been a few false alarms, but mostly if I've walked far enough before my wife closes her door.

I guess it's just easier to replace a module than to do a software check. Dunno.

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i only ever get the beeps if i dont close my door hard enough (still closed) or if i walk away to fast (alone or friends taking forever to get out and close their door) - never had any other issues

andysh

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Touring
I've talked to my dealership about this. Basically anytime you close a door or the trunk after the driver side door, it breaks the sequence and walk-away auto lock does not happen. The dealership has filed this with Honda TechLine and they will come out with a fix when they get around to doing it. Honda TechLine resolves tickets based on how "popular" they are.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've talked to my dealership about this. Basically anytime you close a door or the trunk after the driver side door, it breaks the sequence and walk-away auto lock does not happen. The dealership has filed this with Honda TechLine and they will come out with a fix when they get around to doing it. Honda TechLine resolves tickets based on how "popular" they are.
That's wrong. It now works for me if the hatch is the last thing I close, or even if my wife's door is the last to close (although I'll make sure to check again tomorrow about her door).

Back when it was acting up, before they replaced the BCM, I could open-and-close any random door (or the hatch) to get the single-beep confirmation. Re-opening-and-closing the driver's door didn't always work.
Sponsored