Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next:

Made it into my first show! ImportExpo season closer 2019 in Toronto. Was definitely a fun experience and made a few more friends!

To kill time I had my Nintendo Switch set up on my rear spoiler lol....

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_170610

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_145027

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_144839

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_095813

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_160248

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191013_183415

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 2002 Honda CRV Ex 5spd
Country flag
Engine Bay + Performance

- Hood shocks
- Ktuner V2 + tsp stage 1
- 27WON Intake
- 27WON Rear motor mount
- 27WON Catted dp/fp
- 27WON Exhaust
- 27WON W1 Turbo (waiting for intercooler before install)
- 27WON Intercooler has been ordered!
- Type R retrofit clutch (to be installed soon)

W1 and intercooler will be installed by end of February to early March along with Type R retro clutch :yes:
Looking forward to seeing that w1 in action as im sure you will be one of the first to run it here in the GTA area :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing that w1 in action as im sure you will be one of the first to run it here in the GTA area :thumbsup:
Thanks man! Just saw your build and commented haha! VERY similar build.

I know of one CVT that has the W1 here installed. Not sure on dyno numbers though.

I'm waiting for the 27won intercooler to come in before I put the turbo in.

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man! Just saw your build and commented haha! VERY similar build.

I know of one CVT that has the W1 here installed. Not sure on dyno numbers though.

I'm waiting for the 27won intercooler to come in before I put the turbo in.
Yea we do have similar builds just with different exterior colors, and one with a much more aggressive wheel and tire setup (im slightly jealous) lol. Have you dyno'd your current setup as yet?

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea we do have similar builds just with different exterior colors, and one with a much more aggressive wheel and tire setup (im slightly jealous) lol. Have you dyno'd your current setup as yet?
No I haven't but I'm running the tsp tune and they claim its 240whp and 270tq so it should be around there or a little more.

I'll be dyno tuning once the w1 goes in.

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On earth ;)

I just found a random street that doesnt go anywhere. We can do some shoots this year I'm down :thumbsup:

Red Blue and White for our american family :rofl:
Ohh im definity down :thumbsup: lol

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next up: Shifter Assembly

The Si shifter was great for the average person and since the type r shifter assembly was cheap like 40 bucks at cost I thought I would order it for the slightly shorter throw and also threw in the Acuity bits.

Definitely an improvement over the stock shifter and then I ended up getting the Hybrid Racing Short Shifter. One reason I went the hybrid route was not because of the cost. Myself and @CanadiaegeanBlue are doing a lot of experimenting back and forth with different products and since he has the Acuity we agreed I'll get the Hybrid. This way we can do a proper comparison and see how they both feel. Myself and Humza always swap cars and see how both ours compare in handling, ride, comfort, sound etc.

In my opinion the hybrid shifter is great for the daily driver, shifts are great, cost is about 100$ less than Acuity. It's not always about how much adjustability there is because once someone sets it up it is very rare anyone Is going to readjust it.

The hybrid shifter has a little side side to side play when in gears but not excessive. Another thing I like about the Hybrid shifter is that the base is a solid piece and no base bushings is needed so less parts.

The acuity shifter is really tight when its in gear and feels amazing as well. But for the daily driver some may find it is way too stiff and others love it.

In the end both shifters are pretty good and built solidly. I personally like the stiffer feeling, I heard from the grapevine that Hybrid is making a stiffer spring so I'll get that and see how much it changes. I may end up getting an Acuity later down the road as well but for now I'm super happy with the Hybrid.

And yes I'm running bootless and have been since about november. Haven't lost anything to the black hole yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191022_153149

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191021_191703

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20191023_232209

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20200109_205401