KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i made a rough video of advanced vsa in fresh snow on summer tires..
this is a worst case scenario and advanced vsa handles it amazingly!
stock vsa would chop the throttle letting you slow down and possibly get stuck while advanced vsa from ktuner lets you hold the limit of traction and accelerate!
i heard no pops or backfires during this.

Sponsored

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have VSA disabled, then Sport mode does not work. For advanced VSA, just "enable" Advanced VSA and use the quick adjustments
Sorry for confussion but what? In tsp stage 1 tune vsa is disabled and In stage 2 tune vsa and temp and something else is disabled in that top page. Sport mode works.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i use tsp 1. i have the advanced vsa settings available. it works good too.
But you have to uncheck the disable vsa in that other top page that comes ticked by default?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Checking U0122 VSA will also disable Sport Mode.

In order to use this feature simply check Advanced VSA in the Quick Enables area and select your level in the Quick Adjustments.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And so now I'm getting tire pressure sensor light. Didn't show up in faults to clear in ktuner, reflash didn't remove it. Summer tires are just a little high at 35 warm

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fix the tire pressure issue. it is unrelated to ktuner and vsa.
If the tires are 35psi warm whats the tire pressure issue? i checked and they're back to 33psi. i removed ground thinking it might reset. drove around and tires are at 34psi. whats the range, i don't believe there's a pressure issue. thanks.

edit: from ktuners page http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/advanced_vsa_control_strategy.htm
If you need to quickly disable this feature in the event you get a TPMS light telling you that your tires are not evenly pressured or you have to run on a spare tire, enabling Cruise Main will disable Advanced VSA Control.

whats this TPMS issue? seems odd that i check my tire pressure every week and its always dead on. still is and now i get this tpms issue the day I update and reflash. thanks for ideas.

Last edited:

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If the tires are 35psi warm whats the tire pressure issue? i checked and they're back to 33psi. i removed ground thinking it might reset. drove around and tires are at 34psi. whats the range, i don't believe there's a pressure issue. thanks.

edit: from ktuners page http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/advanced_vsa_control_strategy.htm
If you need to quickly disable this feature in the event you get a TPMS light telling you that your tires are not evenly pressured or you have to run on a spare tire, enabling Cruise Main will disable Advanced VSA Control.

whats this TPMS issue? seems odd that i check my tire pressure every week and its always dead on. still is and now i get this tpms issue the day I update and reflash. thanks for ideas.
i don't have tpms on my si(canadian version). i think there is a way to calibrate it. research.
GL

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when parked, settings, vehicle, tpms calibration did the trick. ironic timing; I remembered reading that mention of tpms on that advanced vsa page of ktuner, still don't understand what it means. fixed for now and I'm really loving the new advanced VSA, using the first light ignition/ moderate throttle setting. paired with launch control really tames down 1st just right.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Glad you're enjoying!

And yes, TPMS is not related to KTuner. Calibration generally fixes this once you've set all tires to the same pressures!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i made a rough video of advanced vsa in fresh snow on summer tires..
this is a worst case scenario and advanced vsa handles it amazingly!
stock vsa would chop the throttle letting you slow down and possibly get stuck while advanced vsa from ktuner lets you hold the limit of traction and accelerate!
i heard no pops or backfires during this.

This is an EXCELLENT test for this feature. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I was trying to mimick this at the track to better my 60ft times by adjusting tire pressure. This will make things near flawless in my book and I should see a measurable improvement in my 60ft times. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Friggin' heart beating out of my chest just reading these testing posts.

I need this asap for Non-Si, CVT. My tires are smallest diameter I can get and wheel/tire combo is super light so I can get wheel spin with full tire pressure. Please get this for Non-Si. I don't care if I'd have to pay for it custom only if it doesn't become available.

@KTuner You know I will. :) Looking forward to some track time AFTER possibly getting this upgrade. Whatever it takes. :headbang:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I did get ahead of myself in my excitement in the previous post and made an assumption. Not like me!

Has anyone tested this at a dragstrip to see if their 60ft time has improved? Will anyone be testing this? Really interested in this feature for this purpose, as well as in normal driving. Just looking for something measurable. Data! Thanks!

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
An Accord 2.0T hit the track already and dropped his 60' time. I'm sure more data will be available with this being out for Sis as well. Non-Si will be released once thoroughly tested, including CVT testing.
Sponsored