KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
“Please note in a situation that calls for it, like if TPMS says your tires aren't equal or you're on a spare, Advanced VSA can be disabled by enabling Cruise Main on the dash.”

Doesn’t Cruise Main need to be on for throttle padding quick adjustments? So this would disable Adv VSA?

Thx
features like on the fly map switching also require cruise main to be off, not sure why it would be different for throttle padding quick adjustments. Im sure @KTuner will chime in if Im wrong
Sponsored

Moistdef

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excessive usage with a catted setup could cause potential issues down the road.

Still partially disables intervention. Think of this as stacking on top of the existing functionality. The button still partially removes throttle intervention. Pedal dance removes throttle intervention.
Would you recommend a light ignition / light throttle setting for everyday driving?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Would you recommend a light ignition / light throttle setting for everyday driving?
Well taking into account the system is for off-road use only, I can say it will only take effect during traction loss events, so normal operation isn't affected.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Any updates on when the Live Tuning will go live for end users?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any updates on when the Live Tuning will go live for end users?
Just extensively testing before release. It's much more complicated since there's multi-map options.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
When you say

Advanced VSA Control (If you know someone with a 2.0T Accord, this is available for them too“

Am I to infer this will also be available for the CTR soon? Lmao

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
wondering how this will affect et's on the quarter mile versus pedal dance..
if its as good as i hope then we may never need to pedal dance again!

and by the way.. THANKYOU KTUNER!
:thumbsup::beer:

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wondering how this will affect et's on the quarter mile versus pedal dance..
if its as good as i hope then we may never need to pedal dance again!

and by the way.. THANKYOU KTUNER!
:thumbsup::beer:
The pedal dance disables VSA so you could still blow the tires off, advanced VSA helps keep you from blowing the tires off

When you say

Advanced VSA Control (If you know someone with a 2.0T Accord, this is available for them too“

Am I to infer this will also be available for the CTR soon? Lmao
If I remember, the Accord doesnt have the Bosch ECU like the Type R.....BUT I bet the R will be getting it too since I remember them saying other trims to follow :)

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m still waiting for a 3rd party not affiliated with Ktuner, MAP, or TSP to do a dyno run of all 3’s base maps.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The pedal dance disables VSA so you could still blow the tires off, advanced VSA helps keep you from blowing the tires off

:)
not all of us blow the tires off on launch, especially with the wimpy stock motor mounts flopping around.
i cannot wait to see what people are pulling for times comparatively.

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m still waiting for a 3rd party not affiliated with Ktuner, MAP, or TSP to do a dyno run of all 3’s base maps.
so you think they conspire with each other to inflate numbers? Its been over 2 years, if you are that interested, buy a civic and a ktuner and rent some dyno time. The rest of us are content to trust the numbers since Vit, IMW/TSP, MAP all competed with each other with for upgraded basemaps over the regular Ktuner ones and they were all real close to each other on baselines.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
We have results from a Spanish Sport+ 1.5t (2.5" custom exhaust + kyn drop in filter)on a hub dyno. 205hp using 95 RON E5 gas and 214hp using 98 RON E5 gas on the stock tune. For ktuner basemaps we didn't wait for knock control to go down after flashing so maybe there is some hidden potential. Here are the results https://civicxclub.com/t/votacion-d...ia-stage-1-y-stage-2-ktuner/1875/10?u=kytos22

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so you think they conspire with each other to inflate numbers? Its been over 2 years, if you are that interested, buy a civic and a ktuner and rent some dyno time. The rest of us are content to trust the numbers since Vit, IMW/TSP, MAP all competed with each other with for upgraded basemaps over the regular Ktuner ones and they were all real close to each other on baselines.
Different Dyno’s produce different numbers even though the base test (car or motorcycle) could be the same across the board. I’ve read people say “Don’t use the base map, bring it in to get it tuned on a Dyno”. Yet you’d think Ktuner have already spent time testing their base maps. And MAPS numbers seem low compared to TSP even though their using the same tuner. Why is that? Could it be the Dyno they’re using? Could it be the settings they have chosen?

Back when I got my Harley, it was all stock, so I looked into getting a stage 1 kit for it. V&H says their slip-on mufflers produces more HP than the other companies. Rhinehart says theirs produce more. It’s just marketing, right? Ours is better than theirs. So the only fair test would be to use a neutral 3rd party, right?

That’s all I’m suggesting here. I’d like to see a neutral 3rd party take this tuner, the base maps available, and a “Stock” civic and give us real world results. The reason I’m saying “Stock” is because of all the different bolt on combos one could come up with along with all the different companies that sell these parts. Every test would give different results. Using “Stock” results would give more people a direction to take to bring their car to the next level, some might even stop with just the tuner. To many people do what others do and they actually hurt their car because they are not educated enough to know better.

I’d like to see the torque curve from these tests. How soon does one come on compared to the others. How flat is it. Do you want high HP that falls flat at 6000 rpm or lower HP that pulls to redline. There’s more to this than high numbers. Would you be satisfied if you modded your car only to find out you had a dip in your torque?
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! upload_2019-4-11_12-12-2
Sponsored