KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts!

It is with great pleasure that we bring you a release full of progress for the 10th gen platform! We have been very busy and very quiet with everything happening here, but there is so much in the works!

This update is live on the website and available now!

For the Si (All 17-19):

New P2565 Wastegate Disable For Use With Aftermarket Turbo Kits Like The PRL Big Turbo Kit and MAPerformance Kits. If you used the previous option, uncheck it, then check the new one instead. Cleaner full disable and keeps Sport mode fully operational. The old disable is still available in the event something else arises.

Advanced VSA Control (If you know someone with a 2.0T Accord, this is available for them too)
Tired of the VSA system overreacting? We've had this option in development for some time and it's a great tie in to the factory VSA system. Maintaining some level of throttle intervention, we have built on the ECU's control of ignition during loss of traction. Simply enable the Advanced VSA feature in Quick Enables and then select your level of balance between ignition and throttle for the Advanced VSA Control Strategy under Quick Adjustments.
Please note in a situation that calls for it, like if TPMS says your tires aren't equal or you're on a spare, Advanced VSA can be disabled by enabling Cruise Main on the dash.
Advanced VSA Control will make its way to Non-Si platforms soon, as we may change or add options based on the feedback for the Si platform.

Link to Advanced VSA help page: http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/advanced_vsa_control_strategy.htm

For the Non-Si:

New P2565 Wastegate Disable For Use With Aftermarket Turbo Kits Like The PRL Big Turbo Kit and MAPerformance Kits. If you used the previous option, uncheck it, then check the new one instead. Cleaner full disable.

Available Today For These ECU Models, available soon for others:
  • 5AA-A0x
  • 5AA-A57
  • 5AA-L58
  • 5AA-A67
  • 5AA-L68
  • 5AA-C0x
  • 5AA-C57
  • 5AA-C67
  • 5AA-K0x
  • 5AA-K1x
  • 5AA-K2x
  • 5AA-X0x
Hatchback Models
  • 5AN-95x
  • 5AN-A0x
  • 5AN-A1x
  • 5AN-A5x
  • 5AN-B5x
  • 5AN-L5x
  • 5AN-A6x
  • 5AN-L6x
  • 5AN-C0x
  • 5AN-C1x
  • 5AN-C5x
  • 5AN-K6x

Multi-Map Switching (CVT and MT) And Adjustable Launch Control (MT Only) Added To These Additional ECUs:

• 5AA-A1x
  • 5AA-A7x
  • 5AA-A8x
  • 5AA-C1x
  • 5AA-C8x
  • 5AJ-A5x
  • 5AJ-L5x
  • 5AJ-L6x
  • 5AJ-L7x
What happens if you enable the advance vsa with the most aggressive settings and completely disable the vsa pedal dance? Would the advance vsa still take effect?
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
@KTuner can you please, pretty please with sugar on top, answer this question?

charleswrivers said:
@KTuner, just curious what this "VSA Traction Control" box is actually doing. I looked on the online help and really didn't see anything that addressed it.

Reactions: DmK

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Many of you guys are so LUCKY with many features made available to you guys.
Patiently waiting & looking forward to more features to become available for other ECU's.
Much thanks to @KTuner for working extra overtime to help with many things.
Do check with others on how it works & there's http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/index.htm for your reference.

hiboost sneeze

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
accord 2.0
Country flag
Hello there old thread. Well i recently put a stage 2 map (ktuner) 2.0 accord 10spd, and did the advanced vsa (without disabling the factory vsa) Car feels amazing. took it to the track and ran 13.512@102 (i have the slip) Car is bone stock other than a flash and all the quick enables on, and boost by gear set to max after 3rd gear, 1st and 2nd were left on "custom" I will be changing that for my next run at the track.

However I did read here that disabling the factory vsa might help me more with my 60ft as the advanced vsa would do all the work. looking to hitting the track sometime next week and hunting that 13.3 bone stock with maybe lowering the tire pressure.

pic attached I am car #77 and it felt good beating a 5.0 mustang lol

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More! 9498E358-6A32-46F1-A5C2-086FABE358A2

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Hello there old thread. Well i recently put a stage 2 map (ktuner) 2.0 accord 10spd, and did the advanced vsa (without disabling the factory vsa) Car feels amazing. took it to the track and ran 13.512@102 (i have the slip) Car is bone stock other than a flash and all the quick enables on, and boost by gear set to max after 3rd gear, 1st and 2nd were left on "custom" I will be changing that for my next run at the track.

However I did read here that disabling the factory vsa might help me more with my 60ft as the advanced vsa would do all the work. looking to hitting the track sometime next week and hunting that 13.3 bone stock with maybe lowering the tire pressure.

pic attached I am car #77 and it felt good beating a 5.0 mustang lol
Awesome run! I have a Stage 2 KTuner tune & PRL's Stage 1 Intake(drop in) and am running almost identical numbers with stock A/S Goodyear's at 34 PSI. I run it as I brung it! lol

Advanced VSA has helped so much on this platform it is unbelievable! I never disable my VSA either, I just put it in Sport mode and go! Car will do mid 13's all day long and 0-60 in about 5 seconds. With the instant torque, VSA & gearing like a drag car in 1st gear you can really put in some work on V8's if you can get the hit! Thing also does not stop pulling well into the double digits, it pulls up top a lot more than people think, I've had some interesting races.

Good to see more people seeing the potential in this platform! I call it the Gentleman's or Old Man's Type R. I actually drove a used Type R while car shopping last year & while it was great it didn't have that torque that I loved. Much more "usable" power in the Accord 2.0T, and especially with that 10 Speed. It is fantastic and shifts so fast while keeping the engine in the perfect powerband & boost The 6 speed version has a terrible gear box, Honda was wise to discontinue it honestly.

I am really liking PRL's P600 Turbo and even more excited they seemingly picked an Accord 2.0T/K20C4 to install it on! I wanted to do the Type R turbo swap but felt it was taking away too much of my low end torque, this PRL unit looks just about right for this platform!

jtvitangcol

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
sorry if this a dum question. so to run advanced vsa in aggressive or any other setting besides factory. catless dp is required?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
sorry if this a dum question. so to run advanced vsa in aggressive or any other setting besides factory. catless dp is required?
Not at all.

Only an issue If you drive really hard and are constantly losing traction where aggressive Advanced VSA is always kicking in and retarding timing. In that scenario, cat damage could potentially happen.

Last edited:

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers" a wise man once said. gtman nailed it. running a more aggressive setting here with a cat can damage it. I'm running catless and when I asked D-Rob what setting he recommends while we were tuning his answer surprised me. He does not recommend anything more aggressive than "light ignition pullback, moderate throttle pullback" even with a catless downpipe. what he told me is that with the more aggressives settings the ignition can retard prematuraly, before meaningful loss of traction, and cut boost therefore robbing you of power unnecessarily. I used to run the aggressive setting when I had TSP 1 but after that convo I never went back. hope that helps.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
"there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers" a wise man once said. gtman nailed it. running a more aggressive setting here with a cat can damage it. I'm running catless and when I asked D-Rob what setting he recommends while we were tuning his answer surprised me. He does not recommend anything more aggressive than "light ignition pullback, moderate throttle pullback" even with a catless downpipe. what he told me is that with the more aggressives settings the ignition can retard prematuraly, before meaningful loss of traction, and cut boost therefore robbing you of power unnecessarily. I used to run the aggressive setting when I had TSP 1 but after that convo I never went back. hope that helps.
Yeah. I've only used the light setting and it works perfectly for my driving style combined with my Phearable 1.5 tune.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, this is interesting and I never thought of it that way. I may try the less aggressive one now. I've always ran the aggressive but what he said I believe is happening more now that I have some miles on my tires and lose traction easier when hammering down from a stop

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, this is interesting and I never thought of it that way. I may try the less aggressive one now. I've always ran the aggressive but what he said I believe is happening more now that I have some miles on my tires and lose traction easier when hammering down from a stop

Yeah, d rob ain’t never lying that’s for sure. I get better traction running this way. And when the throttle cut engages it’s not sharp like the ignition cutoff. It’s progressive, if makes sense. When I was running the aggressive setting it was as if the power shut off then came back especially when going from 1-2nd gear. Try it out! Worse care you won’t like it and can switch back. I think it’s good to try out different settings and find what suits you.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, d rob ain’t never lying that’s for sure. I get better traction running this way. And when the throttle cut engages it’s not sharp like the ignition cutoff. It’s progressive, if makes sense. When I was running the aggressive setting it was as if the power shut off then came back especially when going from 1-2nd gear. Try it out! Worse care you won’t like it and can switch back. I think it’s good to try out different settings and find what suits you.
Yep, that must be the acceleration, slight delay, then more acceleration feel I get. I hit the throttle and it rises quick then a hesitation then it hits again. That has to be the ignition pullback.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, that must be the acceleration, slight delay, then more acceleration feel I get. I hit the throttle and it rises quick then a hesitation then it hits again. That has to be the ignition pullback.
Yup with the throttle pull back it feels more like traction control to me. Keep it pinned and it just barely intervenes and tapers throttle input to get the traction back but never feels like your power just stops for a second.

Unless you get some serious wheel slip but I don’t launch or anything like that so I can’t comment on how it feels if you’re losing serious traction.
Sponsored