2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

Bru87tr

Are we able to used the dual flash, as in baseline and factory with the ECO button ?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Are we able to used the dual flash, as in baseline and factory with the ECO button ?
I did not see that as on option. I think that’s only for the turbos. But trust me there is no reason to turn it off. Your fuel mileage will remain the same. I actually think mine improved about an extra mpg. Not much, but it definitely didn’t go down. But you will need to use 91 octane or higher for best results

Bru87tr

I did not see that as on option. I think that’s only for the turbos. But trust me there is no reason to turn it off. Your fuel mileage will remain the same. I actually think mine improved about an extra mpg. Not much, but it definitely didn’t go down. But you will need to use 91 octane or higher for best results
That stinks but you are right.

I am a wasteful person and use 93 all the time. :)

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
This isn't a turbo application where we can change turbo targets, however the ECO mode will dumb the throttle down for cruising etc still.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This isn't a turbo application where we can change turbo targets, however the ECO mode will dumb the throttle down for cruising etc still.
So the eco button still works as designed. It doesn’t remove the tune and return it to stock. It just does the same job as it did before, correct?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I imagine the O2 monitor will become not ready. You should go through emissions with factory software and appropriate hardware for your local laws.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Bru87tr

I am having a problem and prob cause I dont know what I am doing. The only tune it shows is L6X and L66.

Mine ends in L67.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bru87tr

Ok, success! With a little help from Ktuner. I was mixing up the hardware and software code and didnt read on screen well enough.

Color me very impressed! I am shocked how much of a difference this makes. I wasnt expecting much and now very surprised.

I use to have to use S to get a response from a dead stop and peddle the gas to get it to take off or it would fall flat on its face, then take off slowly.

Now, even in Drive it takes off and pulls hard. I took a left hand turn and punched it. The tires broke loose and the car took off.

Never did this car ever respond like that in Drive from a dead stop. It would just lag and fall on its face in Drive if I didnt use S and peddle the car to respond.

I dont know how anyone, would do anything to their car besides this first.

Excellent!!!

Bru87tr

I have a Samsung Note 4 laying around. So I can use tunerview and plug in the Ktuner and over bluetooth it will work to monitor values ?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, success! With a little help from Ktuner. I was mixing up the hardware and software code and didnt read on screen well enough.

Color me very impressed! I am shocked how much of a difference this makes. I wasnt expecting much and now very surprised.

I use to have to use S to get a response from a dead stop and peddle the gas to get it to take off or it would fall flat on its face, then take off slowly.

Now, even in Drive it takes off and pulls hard. I took a left hand turn and punched it. The tires broke loose and the car took off.

Never did this car ever respond like that in Drive from a dead stop. It would just lag and fall on its face in Drive if I didnt use S and peddle the car to respond.

I dont know how anyone, would do anything to their car besides this first.

Excellent!!!
I totally agree. The ktuner should be the first thing anybody should do to the 2.0. It’s like it was tuned down from the factory and the ktuner not only fixed that but also gave a bump in power plus other improvement options. Not to mention even more options for the owners that want to do extensive modifications to their cars! It’s a must have for sure. Now you see why we were saying it was the best bang for the buck

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have a Samsung Note 4 laying around. So I can use tunerview and plug in the Ktuner and over bluetooth it will work to monitor values ?
Note 4 should work, but it will tell you in the play store if it's compatible.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
On that note (pun intended), does anyone know if Tunerview works on any of them aftermarket Android head units? Specifically the Dasaita Android 8.0 4GB RAM/32GB ROM unit linked below:

https://www.amazon.com/Dasaita-Android-Stereo-Screen-Navigation/dp/B07DWV1VQ2
Most aftermarket setups are pretty thrown together, it seems. Where BT is a separate module and doesn't integrate well with the standard factory system. We did get TunerView Lite operational on an aftermarket head unit, but it was a hack and a half to get the app running each time. Separate bluetooth control app to start bluetooth, which would freeze, you'd have to quit, then launch it again, then launch TunerView and it would work. That's not something I can get behind as a "working solution".

Basically if the head unit can pair to the device and you can get play store setup on it, you can get the standard TunerView app working. We won't be pursuing TunerView Lite support again after what we found with that other aftermarket head unit.
Sponsored