2020 Toyota Corolla to be unveiled 11/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Today, the North American version of the 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan will be unveiled. Given the teaser image, it comes as no surprise that the new model takes styling cues from the 2019 Hatch. Thoughts?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Toyota Corolla to be unveiled 11/15. 2020-Toypta-Corolla-Teaser-0008
Sponsored

Victor1507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I wonder if the new model will have as good of rear seat legroom as the current sedan. The current Corolla sedan has more legroom than a full size Avalon! The new hatchback has poor rear seat legroom, however.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, front looks pretty good. But I'm sure I'll have more kids in the Corolla S their parents bought them trying to race me. :rolleyes1:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Today, the North American version of the 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan will be unveiled. Given the teaser image, it comes as no surprise that the new model takes styling cues from the 2019 Hatch.
I really hope they put in a stronger engine to compete with Honda's.

OP
OP

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really hope they put in a stronger engine to compete with Honda's.
I hope so too. But part of me thinks they'll use the same powertrain found in the 2019 Hatchback.

OP
OP

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It will be a Corolla, the ultimate driving appliance.
Hopefully it's not another generation of "A to B econobox" transportation.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
It is getting the same 2.0L engine out of the hatch apparently, which is good for 168 HP which is 10 more than the 2.0L civic. I dont think they will release an even more powerful engine though because I don't see Toyota turbocharging their 4 cyl engines, they rather keep them reliable and go with the old formula. I will say though, if they turbocharged the 2.0l in the hatch and it made ~300HP, it would be a serious competitor with the R...

OP
OP

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if the new model will have as good of rear seat legroom as the current sedan. The current Corolla sedan has more legroom than a full size Avalon! The new hatchback has poor rear seat legroom, however.
This, the lack of an available moonroof and a slow engine is why I opted for the Civic Hatch over the Corolla Hatch.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is getting the same 2.0L engine out of the hatch apparently, which is good for 168 HP which is 10 more than the 2.0L civic. I dont think they will release an even more powerful engine though because I don't see Toyota turbocharging their 4 cyl engines, they rather keep them reliable and go with the old formula. I will say though, if they turbocharged the 2.0l in the hatch and it made ~300HP, it would be a serious competitor with the R...
This is toyota we're talking about. If they were going to make a performance corolla, they'd strike up a deal with another manufacturer to put their own powertrain in it instead of a toyota motor

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
This is toyota we're talking about. If they were going to make a performance corolla, they'd strike up a deal with another manufacturer to put their own powertrain in it instead of a toyota motor
Nah, Toyota has other engines in its lineup that it could use, but it's very unlikely they will make a performance Corolla. The Corolla is a reliable econobox that gets good fuel economy, and they won't mess with that formula. They haven't made a competitor to the Civic SI or Golf GTI.

OP
OP

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah, Toyota has other engines in its lineup that it could use, but it's very unlikely they will make a performance Corolla. The Corolla is a reliable econobox that gets good fuel economy, and they won't mess with that formula. They haven't made a competitor to the Civic SI or Golf GTI.
Toyota is introducing TRD variants of the Avalon and Camry in LA next week. I think it's plausible that we'll see a TRD Corolla this time around.

nickhaldin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan; 1997 Mazda Miata

nickhaldin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan; 1997 Mazda Miata
Right?? They can’t seem to do anything for themselves these days. 86, Mazda 2 (whatever Toyota called their version), and the Supra. I’ve given up on modern Toyota.:banghead:

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
X gen Civic has really pushed other manufacturers to up their game. The standard equipment, space, design, and the quality of the compact segment really take a long stride in the past few years.
I'm excited to see what Toyota (today) and Mazda (later at LA autoshow) have to offer this month and how Honda will react in the next major refresh.
It's just a shame that Ford cowardly back out of this market, the new Focus seems like a very fine car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.