Toyota drivers suck!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the new camrys have some get up and go if you get the trd model its got more hp then we do but no stick shift sadly
Yea, Toyota has been taking steps to up their performance game... but if i was in the market for a 4 door midsize i'd still take an Accord Sport 2.0T over the camry... better styling on the accord IMO, the 2.0T still beats the V6 Camry, and every review i've read putting them against each other favors the Accord for its better driving dynamics (those were TRD vs Sport reviews). But at least Toyota is attempting to shake off their boring appliance image (i'd say that the Supra and 86 help... but Toyota doesn't even building them...)
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, Toyota has been taking steps to up their performance game... but if i was in the market for a 4 door midsize i'd still take an Accord Sport 2.0T over the camry... better styling on the accord IMO, the 2.0T still beats the V6 Camry, and every review i've read putting them against each other favors the Accord for its better driving dynamics (those were TRD vs Sport reviews). But at least Toyota is attempting to shake off their boring appliance image (i'd say that the Supra and 86 help... but Toyota doesn't even building them...)
tbh i dont like the new accord my mom had totaled her 17 accord and we went and test drove the 19 accord didnt like it at all compared to her older one it just seems odd and slow. now i havent driven the new camry cause i dont really care to but 301hp on the trd model sounds like fun compared to the accords 252hp and knowing toyota they didnt do much to the handling of the car its probably the same as the standard camry just with more power and styling to it but i cant say that to be sure since i havent driven one

and the supra is nice but in its price range honda dosent really have a fair comparison the gt86 is just a gutless turd in my opinion i looked at the brz.frs and gt 86 before i got my 19 si coupe and couldnt stand how boring they were i had more fun in the si so i got it over the others now the other cars look awesome and on paper sound like fun with the 200hp but it just wasnt at all and they are very dated as well nothing to fancy about them

with all that said thou i dont like 4 door cars at all so i wouldnt own any of them and i love my little car its fun and gets good mpg

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
To be fair, most brands have obnoxious fanboys here and there, Honda's just happen to be the loudest lol, No joke.

Compared to other forums, audizine, acurazine, toyotanation, clubwrx, clublexus

But anyway, I'm all for competition so there ain't no dealer mark ups like them CTR's.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be fair, most brands have obnoxious fanboys here and there, Honda's just happen to be the loudest lol, No joke.

Compared to other forums, audizine, acurazine, toyotanation, clubwrx, clublexus

But anyway, I'm all for competition so there ain't no dealer mark ups like them CTR's.
idk them trd pros and supras price tags are pretty stupid high lol

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
301hp on the trd model sounds like fun compared to the accords 252hp
You'd think the V6 with the 301 would easily whoop the accord's 252... but it suprisingly doesn't. I've watched multiple track tests and the accord doesn't just beat the camry, it walks away from it like it doesn't even have to try. I was honestly shocked and i think alot of it has to do with the transmission differences.... Now, the camry does beat the Mazda6 signature with the 2.5T. But the accord 2.0T is literally anything but slow... pretty sure the only midsize sedan (in the mainstream market) that beats the accords performance is the Fusion Sport which has be discontinued, not sure about the new Nissan Altima's performance.

It's way more than a numbers game. I mean, look at the civic... 174hp on the 1.5T doesn't sound like it should be faster than the 185hp in a Mazda3... but consistently the civic is over half a second quicker to 60, and that mostly comes down to weight and transmission gearing again.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'd think the V6 with the 301 would easily whoop the accord's 252... but it suprisingly doesn't. I've watched multiple track tests and the accord doesn't just beat the camry, it walks away from it like it doesn't even have to try. I was honestly shocked and i think alot of it has to do with the transmission differences.... Now, the camry does beat the Mazda6 signature with the 2.5T. But the accord 2.0T is literally anything but slow... pretty sure the only midsize sedan (in the mainstream market) that beats the accords performance is the Fusion Sport which has be discontinued, not sure about the new Nissan Altima's performance.

It's way more than a numbers game. I mean, look at the civic... 174hp on the 1.5T doesn't sound like it should be faster than the 185hp in a Mazda3... but consistently the civic is over half a second quicker to 60, and that mostly comes down to weight and transmission gearing again.
your civic only has 175hp? which model do you have?

and again i havent driven the camry so i cant say for sure but the accord i drove didnt feel right at all and this is before i had my civic and it just felt odd i didnt like driving the new ones at all compared to the one we use to have

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
your civic only has 175hp? which model do you have?

and again i havent driven the camry so i cant say for sure but the accord i drove didnt feel right at all and this is before i had my civic and it just felt odd i didnt like driving the new ones at all compared to the one we use to have
I have a 2019 Civic Coupe EX. So yea, only 174hp, it's the regular 1.5T engine, not the Sport HB or Si.

I haven't driven the new accord or camry... so i only have reviews, tests, videos to go from... but the accord always wins pretty easily, especially in the handling/fun to drive department. So if you think the accord was dull, imagine what the camry must be like, lol. They are family sedans after all... not sports cars.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2019 Civic Coupe EX. So yea, only 174hp, it's the regular 1.5T engine, not the Sport HB or Si.

I haven't driven the new accord or camry... so i only have reviews, tests, videos to go from... but the accord always wins pretty easily, especially in the handling/fun to drive department. So if you think the accord was dull, imagine what the camry must be like, lol. They are family sedans after all... not sports cars.
yup true and ah i gotcha didnt know you had the ex

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fu*king hate them!

What is it with these sh*t heads with always driving 20 miles below the speed limit especially on the left lane? 90% of the time when there is a slow down on the fast moving lane and I swerve to pass it is always a Toyota, whether it be a Corrolla, Camry, Rav 4, Tacoma, it doesnt matter. Its infuriating. These experiences have put a bad taste in my mouth with Toyota in general, would probably never buy one. /End Rant :mad:
Where I live, Honda's are actually a little more popular here than Toyotas, yet I have way more issues with Toyota drivers than Honda drivers. It seems Toyotas attract the biggest idiots. I have been in a few Hondas and Toyotas and I honestly just cannot understand how some people are stupid enough to choose a Toyota over a Honda. Toyota's I find aside from the reliability are actually behind to competitors while Hondas are just as reliable and have as high resale value, but are much more fun to drive, fuel efficient, MUCH better interior quality and feeling more premium, an usually are the top of the class compared to competitors.

I would love to see more cars keeping right except when passing, but we need, as a society, to define what "except when passing" means. This poking along passing a car that is doing half a mph slower than you doesn't cut it. You should aggressively pass cars then return to a normal through traffic lane and appropriate speed. The amount of backed up traffic caused by that and by folks that don't know how to properly merge onto the highway is infuriating. Those should be prioritized much more highly in driver's ed classes.
I do find it irritating when people are going slow in the left lane, especially when they are not even turning left anytime soon or at all. Though what I also do not understand but is very dangerous is when some drivers drive as if they are in a rush, but then tailgate these passing lane hogs and then go in front of that car and SLAM THEIR FUCKING BRAKES, almost causing an accident. I think some people bribed for their drivers licenses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Where I live, Honda's are actually a little more popular here than Toyotas, yet I have way more issues with Toyota drivers than Honda drivers. It seems Toyotas attract the biggest idiots. I have been in a few Hondas and Toyotas and I honestly just cannot understand how some people are stupid enough to choose a Toyota over a Honda. Toyota's I find aside from the reliability are actually behind to competitors while Hondas are just as reliable and have as high resale value, but are much more fun to drive, fuel efficient, MUCH better interior quality and feeling more premium, an usually are the top of the class compared to competitors.
Toyota's sell mostly because of their reliable reputation, but they are only reliable because they refuse to innovate and evolve. Their cars feel 10 years older than their competition, they are boring to drive compared to there competition, and are mostly A-B appliances. Even when they try to make something fun (86, Supra), they go collab with another manufacturer which just screams laziness and penny pinching. Look at the Corolla Apex an abominable half as*ed attempt to compete in the compact sport market. I would likely never buy a Toyota, I just don't respect them and what they stand for as a brand.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Toyota's sell mostly because of their reliable reputation, but they are only reliable because they refuse to innovate and evolve. Their cars feel 10 years older than their competition, they are boring to drive compared to there competition, and are mostly A-B appliances. Even when they try to make something fun (86, Supra), they go collab with another manufacturer which just screams laziness and penny pinching. Look at the Corolla Apex an abominable half as*ed attempt to compete in the compact sport market. I would likely never buy a Toyota, I just don't respect them and what they stand for as a brand.
Toyota has definitely been doing cost cutting in their newer models. My uncle had a 1993 Toyota Camry 3.0L V6, LOVED that car, like a Lexus almost. He was also not the typical Toyota driver (always going much over the speed limit and would cuss out at slow drivers). Though I once sat in a 2017 Camry and the seats feel cheaper than my dad's old 87 S-10 Blazer. An Accord of the same model year is like a Mercedes S-class in comparison.

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
You got a point especially with the A-B appliances. As for the Supra they should have put their heads together and design ( on their own) a sport car like Nissan did with their new 400 Z

Fourpz

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
At one time it was always Volvo wagon drives that were at the front of every slowdown.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
I am pretty sure that a Civic is as reliable as a Corolla but the big difference is that a Civic is 3 times more fun to drive and much nicer ;)

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The Corrola is truly an appliance, rented one once, truly a boring and uninspiring vehicle. Now the Prius is a suppository, they sneak up on you in parking lots and are usually found doing EXACTLY 57 mph in the passing lane of a 65 mph traffic flow, a cell phone pressed to their ear, totally obvious to the disruption they are causing while hypermiling.
BTY, I'm 73, learned to drive in a 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk R3, my first car was a 1963 Corvair Monza Fitch Sprint so don't judge me because I'm currently driving a CRV EX-L, it's still a 1.5t and still a Honda.
Sponsored