2020 Si has Simulated Exhaust Sound??

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
Have you disabled it on yours?
to be honest, I haven’t even gotten the car yet, but I have Honda iN access. There don’t appear to be any DTCs associated with no communication with that module, so just unplugging it should work just fine.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
So if we can locate the power wire to that module, we can run it to a switch which we could mount in one of those empty switch plates.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
to be honest, I haven’t even gotten the car yet, but I have Honda iN access. There don’t appear to be any DTCs associated with no communication with that module, so just unplugging it should work just fine.
Sweet. I don't really care for the simulated sound tbh lol

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Its gotten old for me real quick.
Right??.. what I can't get over is when I drive with my windows down I can really hear the turbo spooling and the blow off. I'm a fan girl for spooly and blow off sounds just like i'm sure most of us are lmao

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So if we can locate the power wire to that module, we can run it to a switch which we could mount in one of those empty switch plates.
In theory yes, Pin 12 on the connector for the ASCU is IG1 power, so if you would like to control whether you want it on or not, you could probably wire in a switch, or have it turn on only in sport mode if you can find a circuit that's only on in sport mode.

EDIT: i'm wrong, Pin 11 is B+ backup power, while Pin 12 is ig1 power source, might be a PITA if you put a switch on both, intstead I wonder if you would have better luck interrupting the wire that goes into pin 3, which honda says "Inputs signal for active sound control unit switching on/off". based on that description it could just be an enable signal from the radio.

once my dealer can actually get me a car, this is probably going to be one of the first things i disable.

Last edited:

gmalkmus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
really need to see pictures in order to determine whether or not it can be retrofitted into a non 2020. Will have to see.

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
really need to see pictures in order to determine whether or not it can be retrofitted into a non 2020. Will have to see.
i'm gonna go out on a whim and say that it's probably impossible since the module talks on F-Can and has its own inputs to the audio amplifier. if you put a module on a network that isn't expecting it to be there, it might not work.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
In theory yes, Pin 12 on the connector for the ASCU is IG1 power, so if you would like to control whether you want it on or not, you could probably wire in a switch, or have it turn on only in sport mode if you can find a circuit that's only on in sport mode.

EDIT: i'm wrong, Pin 11 is B+ backup power, while Pin 12 is ig1 power source, might be a PITA if you put a switch on both, intstead I wonder if you would have better luck interrupting the wire that goes into pin 3, which honda says "Inputs signal for active sound control unit switching on/off". based on that description it could just be an enable signal from the radio.

once my dealer can actually get me a car, this is probably going to be one of the first things i disable.
Its already hooked up to the sport mode button

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I watched a review the other day and I heard that the 2020 Si uses simulated exhaust sound to augment the real sound. Ugh! I joked with friends about the Kia Stinger when I heard that car did this. Now Honda is doing the same. I think it is crazy. So I wonder if the 2020 Type R will do the same.
It's "piped in", not faked.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Piped in through the speakers. Giving it a simulated note.
Yes, it's simulated. It's "piped in", not "fake". It's a somewhat confusing theme and the terms are different. It's not an engine noise of a completely different engine, like a V8 in a car with an L4 engine. It's a realistic representation. :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's "piped in", not faked.
Semantics. It's still not the same decibel level or exact note of the engine/exhaust without the piped in audio. In that sense, it's "fake".

Over the years, I've had custom exhausts from time to time because I didn't like the stock sound. But it was real. Now, I'm at the age where I'm happy these Civics are quiet and I just enjoy the performance. Amplifying the sound electronically seems a bit silly if you ask me. But hey, I'm old school.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Semantics. It's still not the same decibel level or exact note of the engine/exhaust without the piped in audio. In that sense, it's "fake".

Over the years, I've had custom exhausts from time to time because I didn't like the stock sound. But it was real. Now, I'm at the age where I'm happy these Civics are quiet and I just enjoy the performance. Amplifying the sound electronically seems a bit silly if you ask me. But hey, I'm old school.
I dislike the idea of fake anything, but I honestly don't even notice it even though I know it's there. I thought I would care, but after owning one, it doesn't matter to me at all. ;)

As for age, I think I get it. I said I must be getting old when after saying, I don't need the Type-R, the Si is "fast enough". When it gets really bad, like when I'm happy to drive around in a G-Wiz and I say, "it's fast enough", put me out of my misery. Please. ;)
Sponsored