Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The simulated sound beats the obnoxiously loud exhausts or annoyingly droning sound that's existent on nearly every exhaust out there.

It's so relaxing to be able to not have to blast a podcast so that you can hear it clearly and calmly whole cruising on the highway or not having to yell at your passengers so they can hear you.
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
It's SOOOOOOOO fing fake .... It's like dating a girl with a penis ... she looked like a girl and ... I got something extra. It's just so wrong in so many ways.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's SOOOOOOOO fing fake .... It's like dating a girl with a penis ... she looked like a girl and ... I got something extra. It's just so wrong in so many ways.
More like dating a girl with fake tits and no ass. But her older sister has a better titty/booty ratio.

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not to sound like a douche but how can you complain about non-functional noise when you have a BOV spacer which makes noise at the expense of engine health? Our engines not tuned for VTA.

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I just watched Matt Maran's review of the 2020 Si, and wow it sounds MUCH louder than my 2018. Maybe he was in Sport mode the entire time, but I was shocked how much more you can hear the engine.

TBH I think it sounded pretty good but I don't like what Honda did with the drive ratios... I like my engine rotating as slowly as possible in 6th gear on the highway for the increased MPG and the reduced droning.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Yes. Clothes pin, playing card. Put them in your spokes ... You will impress all with enhanced sound note!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So I will advise you guys who bought the 2020... please leave the stock exhaust in. Piped in engine sounds are better than the drone from a performance exhaust at highway speeds. Take it from someone who put in a performance exhaust, and then spent months and money trying to quiet it down (you can search up my thread on this...lol). The OEM exhaust is great, it's all this car needs!

Blkonblk10gsi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
I'm going to ASSUME that it's piped through the tweeters, but I could be wrong. I highly doubt that they're using the sub to pipe any noise in, so you should be alright if you use the factory sub wiring for an additional sub. Now if Honda is using the front speakers and you tap into those wires, you could potentially have issues.
Tapping into sub wire is fine. But will using a loc have any issues considering the source is amplified by the stock amp. Vs just tapping into speakers with no factory amp. I dunno how many watts is being directed to the sub and if the loc can handle it.

Blkonblk10gsi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
So I will advise you guys who bought the 2020... please leave the stock exhaust in. Piped in engine sounds are better than the drone from a performance exhaust at highway speeds. Take it from someone who put in a performance exhaust, and then spent months and money trying to quiet it down (you can search up my thread on this...lol). The OEM exhaust is great, it's all this car needs!
I would agree. I was very surprised driving the 19 as my test drive car vs the 20. Much louder. I thought they simply revamped the exhaust cause almost everyone complained how quiet it was. Come to find out they feed the engine noise through speakers.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I wonder if we can swap out our infotainment head unit and get most of what we need to get the piped in sound, as well as getting the volume knob and physical buttons.

gmalkmus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm hoping it is just like a module you can plug in, similar to the ANC unit in the accords and TLX

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Im on board with this. Driving around in sport mode on the highway already has a drone through the speakers. I dont want that drone any louder and i have the ability to stop the droning by turning off sport mode. I dont want to lose that flexibility. Plus, i feel like my Si exhaust is getting louder the more i drive it, maybe thats all mental.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
It really does sound awesome especially on downshifts. I also like the fact my car isn't waking up the neighborhood at 5 AM when I head to the gym.
Sponsored