Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Would like to hear your opinions. Personally I think it's not great, but hey at least it's not bad. I do hear a little rumble inside the car and outside. Coming from a '16 2.5L Mazda 3 and driving my fathers '15 Camry Hybrid there is definitely a difference in exhaust sound (duh its a hybrid and just a normal Mazda). I wish it was a bit louder though, and Red Line Reviews actually brought this up when he was reviewing the SI in his video. He wished Honda had spent more time on the exhaust note but was just nit picking.

I would love to throw on a catback exhaust but don't know if it would void my warranty. I'll have to call my dealer about that. Again personally, I want a sound that's noticeable but not too loud and I think a cat back would fit me nicely. I don't even know if anyone has come out with an exhaust for the '17 SI yet. Also have never put on an exhaust before and the SI has a weird one...
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not my favorite sound but what do you do right? its not bad. A deeper sound without a drone would be nice.

my absolute favorite exhaust sound is a newer WRX with a HKS system on it.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Wasn't a fan in the beginning, but it's been slowly growing on me. I revved it just this morning, taking it to about 5,500 RPM into an opened lane on the highway, and I actually didn't mind that sound at all! Although that was probably in part influenced by (the good feeling of) the car "taking off"... As a side note, I also took a long (couple thousand feet?) but rather tight/"steep" connector ramp, again this morning, at about 75-85 mph... And that's on the stock tires, which I felt were seriously contemplating slipping. :) Can't even imagine what it'd do on grippier rubber. I have to say, I've been thoroughly enjoying this car. :cool:

Last edited:

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
And not a single vendor has given us any options yet?
^+1 - I would love to have a deeper sound. I also don't love the single tip. personally, i'll be making it look like a sport, with 2 tips soon.

I saw a YouTube video, the guy had a local shop put a couple no-name glass-packs on for him and while it sounded better, it was MUCH louder.

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Mine got louder the longer I've broken it in (got it with 5 miles on it, and close to 2k now). I honestly think that with a DP + FP option or even just a DP this thing will sound amazing. There's some good clips of the @PRL Motorsports Si on their facebook page. Sounds amazing in my opinion. Then again I am a little older, I like a subtle exhaust note with a good growl and crackle to it. There's also some clips of a guy with a hatch sporting an ARK performance exhaust, from those videos it will be interesting to see if they make anything for the Si. Definitely just playing the waiting game at this point!
Sponsored