Wiper Quality

philfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Country flag
In the past with my 08 civic Si, I would just use the inserts from the dealer. Is it just me or is the quality of OEM wipers not as good in the 2016 civics? I'm only a few months in and i'm seeing streaks and also they are making noise because they aren't going smoothly across the windshield.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm considering just buying after market wiper blades for this car.
Sponsored

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Mine have been like that since the first week. Noisy and streaks. When I brought this up to the dealership, they just told me to wipe the wiper... Honestly I did, I sprayed some Glass Cleaner on it and wiped it with a microfiber towel. I think it helped a bit, but usually when the wiper is going fast, its where I start some noise again.

They definitely are not of greatest quality.

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
dab rubbing alcohol on a rag and pinch the rubber blade wipe the length couple times. should get the dirt out extending the service life of the blade..this blade style is new to me, wondering if the insert blades are replaceable?

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I noticed that too but haven't said anything since I figured it was just pollution in the rain but my new wipers are loud and ineffective.

OP
OP

philfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm kinda glad i'm not the only one and I think i'll be stopping by my dealership to ask them about it. With winter coming up I want to make sure I have good wipers. I definitely notice that the wiper will skip over the windshield when going faster than intermittent speed.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
are you guys not wiping your wipers down? they need to be clean or it leave streak your windows.

been using the wipers that came with the car leaving no streak since feb.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
dab rubbing alcohol on a rag and pinch the rubber blade wipe the length couple times. should get the dirt out extending the service life of the blade..this blade style is new to me, wondering if the insert blades are replaceable?
they are inserts that are replaceable

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
That's understandable after a certain amount of time. I believe the main complaint here is people having these issues afters a few weeks of ownership.
they should be wiped down every few weeks since they collect a lot of dirt when you use it each time. just wipe it down with the window washer when you get gas each time

OP
OP

philfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
are you guys not wiping your wipers down? they need to be clean or it leave streak your windows.

been using the wipers that came with the car leaving no streak since feb.
The streaks aren't bad for me it's the fact that my left wiper is loud and you can see it is skipping over parts of the windshield. I do keep them clean.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
they should be wiped down every few weeks since they collect out of dirt when you use it each time. just wipe it down with the window washer when you get gas each time
Is this because of the type of wiper? For my previous car, on a 3 year lease, I had my wiper replaced once throughout that time, and never had it streak or make as much noise like this one.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Is this because of the type of wiper? For my previous car, on a 3 year lease, I had my wiper replaced once throughout that time, and never had it streak or make as much noise like this one.
I'm sure they are cheap crap inserts since they come stock with every single car to keep cost down. They could be damaged already. Try cleaning the window and add some rain x to smooth it out. or wait for an amazon sale for nicer blades

mberns1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Mine are terrible also, especially left one. Car is all of 4 months old. auto setting on the system is awful too. so far very disappointed in the quality of our 16 Touring sedan.

brjohnso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Outback, RAV4, Ural Patrol 2wd,Triumph T100
Replace them with Bosh Icon wipers. Best I've ever used.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Mine leaves white streaks nearly all the time ... I clean my windshield a lot and the wipers a lot ... but seems to always leave streaks ... I agree with the OP
Sponsored