Windshield Wiper Size and Replacement

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I bought the Bosch icon, and they are awsome! Almost $40 tho... expensive.
Sponsored

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
The blades streaked from the day I got the car. Not sure how well it would improve from just replacing the inserts. Has anyone done that already?

HondaZen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Which one? I see many different sizes..
I just installed the Trico Ice Extreme Winter Weather wipers (26" and 18") from Costco.ca. No issues so far. They're a bit longer than the OEM wipers but they have enough clearance and they function perfectly fine. I use the OEM wipers for the 3 warm seasons and I only replace the inserts on them. I did that for 13 years in my old accord. I prefer to use dedicated winter wipers in the winter. Just like tires. Honda does not have winter-rated inserts. Also, I keep the "other season" wipers (in a case) in the trunk as emergency spares.

Hope it helps.
Not overly happy with the OEM wipers. The manual doesn't list a size and the best I could figure out was that the drivers size replacement size is 650mm. Any thoughts on best brands and size to get? Car is too new to have correct sizes listed on various websites. Thanks.

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
I just installed the Trico Ice Extreme Winter Weather wipers (26" and 18") from Costco.ca. No issues so far. They're a bit longer than the OEM wipers but they have enough clearance and they function perfectly fine. I use the OEM wipers for the 3 warm seasons and I only replace the inserts on them. I did that for 13 years in my old accord. I prefer to use dedicated winter wipers in the winter. Just like tires. Honda does not have winter-rated inserts. Also, I keep the "other season" wipers (in a case) in the trunk as emergency spares.

Hope it helps.
haha i had to re-check the author name to see if i had blacked out and made that post, myself. I've done the exact same thing: Tricos from Costco, OEM in trunk. On these late -37c morning, the OEM wipers missed a couple spots adn did very poorly. the Trico blades have been excellent.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
haha i had to re-check the author name to see if i had blacked out and made that post, myself. I've done the exact same thing: Tricos from Costco, OEM in trunk. On these late -37c morning, the OEM wipers missed a couple spots adn did very poorly. the Trico blades have been excellent.
Anyone try the Rain-X Latitudes?

Blueciv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag

Hope it helps.
I seen that deal on RFD. I wonder if they still on sale at Costco
Sponsored