Windshield wiper fluid

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
So this is something that I’ve accepted since I got my car in early 2019. When I bought it, the guy at the dealership told me to avoid Rainx wiper fluid because they had a few cars come in needing to replace the hoses for the wiper fluid. He said that they were thinking it was the Rainx that was damaging them. I’ve been following this since I got the car.

So today after buying some fluid I got curious if anyone else has heard or experienced this?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Unless it’s the additive. Rain x is the coating after cleaning window. Applied directly on window. They only just started with the additive a few years ago. I have used both for years. No issues.

OP
OP
Stomekuttt

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
The window stuff works amazing. I’ve used it on the work truck. I mean the windshield wiper fluid that you dump into the reservoir. You can get it in a gallon jug. I’ll add a picture.
Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield wiper fluid 0D1B6055-1730-43AC-995C-463EFFC602E1

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've used both the Rain X additive and their large bottles of windshield wiper fluid. Never had any issues.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have used the RainX wiper fluid, exclusively. I haven't had an issue but it's only 3 years old. I'll keep my eye on it.
Sponsored