Albro

First Name
Shandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
well not sure whats wrong wipe blades get stuck at the top until i tap up on the wiper stick, how do you replace the wiper motor
Sponsored

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
After I replaced my battery and probably hit the stalk with my knee or something but now my wipers dont work....

The fuse is in the engine compartment but i have no idea how to check it its not a regular fuse and lets say the fuse is good then do you have the part number for the motor?

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
Before taking everything apart, did you do some testing? Fuse, linkage bent…
Yup I had replaced the 35$ gang fuse just in case but it was the motor. I figured If I push or pull on the one and the other follows the transmission or linkages were ok. I picked up the motor at the junkyard off totalled 2020 touring works great just got finished just now! Now I wanna do that mod with the adjustable intermittent.

only thing is the cowl doesn’t seem to wanna go back on as nice as a before…. At the two extremities especially I’m gonna go to Honda and pick up new clips the ends that might help but the issue is mostly coverage there’s a few gaps …. Maybe I should go back to the junkyard and buy the cowl as well…?

Last edited:

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Yup I had replaced the 35$ gang fuse just in case but it was the motor. I figured If I push or pull on the one and the other follows the transmission or linkages were ok. I picked up the motor at the junkyard off totalled 2020 touring works great just got finished just now! Now I wanna do that mod with the adjustable intermittent.

only thing is the cowl doesn’t seem to wanna go back on as nice as a before…. At the two extremities especially I’m gonna go to Honda and pick up new clips the ends that might help but the issue is mostly coverage there’s a few gaps …. Maybe I should go back to the junkyard and buy the cowl as well…?
You'll like the variable intermittent wiper mod. I'm looking to do it on my HR-V also
Sponsored