Will my CTR be here in April???

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
April seems very possible. My dealer forwarded me this message they received this morning.
Note the 3rd paragraph.. Sounds like April to me..
====
A MESSAGE FROM HONDA ...

Dear Honda Dealer,

I’m thrilled to announce that today in Geneva we unveiled the all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R. This is the first ever Type R for the U.S. and it represents a new level of Civic performance, casting a halo over the entire Civic lineup.

You can get all of the details in the press release below and make sure to watch the "behind the scenes" video that features interviews with the Type R's product planners.

The Town Halls later this month are your opportunity to see Civic Type R up close. If you haven't done so already, register today and join me at one of these events to see the most anticipated model in Civic history before it arrives at your dealerships later this spring.

I look forward to seeing you later this month!

Sincerely,

Jeff Conrad
Senior Vice President & General Manager
Honda Division
# # #
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hopefully after the NYIAS, they'll load the online build configurator soon after on the Honda website....
I think, at this point, it is perfectly reasonable to believe we will see that after NYIAS. I would think, at the least, they would say something like 'it will go live in a couple days' or something to that effect.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
How can that be? You can order one right now? I don't think so.
Typically, from assembly line to hauler/transit to dealerships is about a 30-45 day time frame.

I really don't see how we wouldn't see them within 90 days, IF they are in production or will begin production in the coming days/weeks.

OP
OP
A2typeR

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Typically, from assembly line to hauler/transit to dealerships is about a 30-45 day time frame.

I really don't see how we wouldn't see them within 90 days, IF they are in production or will begin production in the coming days/weeks.
Yeah but aren't they being shipped from the U.K. or is that the standard timeline even with ocean travel.

I thought it was much longer for FoRS which was made in Germany.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I import stuff from Germany all of the time and it is typically about a 30 day transit time. -Once it hits the port and clears the port inspection/customs, it is about 45 days total, start to finish.

IF they are building them at the moment, or begin building them in the very near future, I see no reason why we won't have them on our show rooms in 90 days. Honda has also indicated they will be here 'late spring' and on the streets of or European friends in June. Honda hasn't said anything that isn't true thus far...in fact they would rather not say anything at all than say something that may or may not be complete factual information. Get what I am saying...there is no reason to not believe what Honda is saying.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
This is quite different then other manufacturers... Seems like they just dump cars on dealers?
Yup, that is how Honda works. They have trim levels and color options and everything else is dealer installed. Most manufacturers charge you for each package or option and have thousands of possible builds so you need to custom order. No Honda is unique or really rare by that definition. If a dealer needs a car that is not on the lot they call other nearby dealers and arrange a swap.

HondaMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX V6 2015 Honda Accord Coupe
You know that Honda is teasing us with the "Spring release" don't you? Honda isn't going to drop the Type R before the Si according to my sources. June/July is a realistic time frame.

OP
OP
A2typeR

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You know that Honda is teasing us with the "Spring release" don't you? Honda isn't going to drop the Type R before the Si according to my sources. June/July is a realistic time frame.
I hope your wrong.

Everything I have seen has said the complete opposite.

otbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
Spoke with my local dealership this afternoon. General Sales Manager says they got out of a meeting with their Honda NA rep yesterday and they said they still don't know allocations or MSRP, but they have a June timeframe for having the car on showroom floor.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Spoke with my local dealership this afternoon. General Sales Manager says they got out of a meeting with their Honda NA rep yesterday and they said they still don't know allocations or MSRP, but they have a June timeframe for having the car on showroom floor.
Just heard the same from a local Canadian Honda dealership sales manager. I also was given a Honda Canada press release document that states they will go on sale "this summer" (for Canada, at least).

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Just heard the same from a local Canadian Honda dealership sales manager. I also was given a Honda Canada press release document that states they will go on sale "this summer" (for Canada, at least).
Sweet, awesome news!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
York/Lancaster PA here. Two dealers say they've ordered one each. One got black, the other doesn't know what color they get. Don't know when. Only know they are coming...sometime.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
The dealership I currently work said that they are getting 2 units. (I work as a service technician, and not on sales). No word yet on what color we get or when they will hit showroom floor. *patiently waiting*

Regards,
CJ

1320it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Country flag
The car will be available in the summer. It is wishful thinking to think it will arrive earlier lol

OP
OP
A2typeR

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe for you Canadians...

But us 'Muricans be getting the car Now!!!!
Sponsored