JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have my Ktuner, and I am gonna install a Sport clutch and light weight flywheel and a Borla Cat back on my 2020 si. For now everything else is gonna stay stock. I am gonna try and pre order that 27won intercooler but after that I am gonna be done for a while with the bolt ons. Would it be worth it to pay to get dyno tuned or would I be just as good using say TSP or Pherables tune (when the ladder comes out with a tune for the 2020 in a few weeks from what I hear)
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have my Ktuner, and I am gonna install a Sport clutch and light weight flywheel and a Borla Cat back on my 2020 si. For now everything else is gonna stay stock. I am gonna try and pre order that 27won intercooler but after that I am gonna be done for a while with the bolt ons. Would it be worth it to pay to get dyno tuned or would I be just as good using say TSP or Pherables tune (when the ladder comes out with a tune for the 2020 in a few weeks from what I hear)
TSP or Pherables tune should be good for you.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Would be a waste of money getting a custom and (even moreso) a dyno tune with what you're planning right now.

If you do a downpipe or better yet, flex fuel, you'd get way more out of a custom tune.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Would be a waste of money getting a custom and (even moreso) a dyno tune with what you're planning right now.

If you do a downpipe or better yet, flex fuel, you'd get way more out of a custom tune.
Yea for Now I am doing a sport clutch, Cat Back and tune. Some minor body mods and maybe the 27ONE intercooler. See how much those are gonna be when they go on pre-order tomorrow. Long term I would like to do the big turbo and a downpipe. Ill stick with the pre made tunes and maybe look into a custom when I do the turbo and the downpipe

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
custom tune after you are done making changes that affect airflow and fuel.

So either FBO then tune. Or FBO + turbo and then tune.

Tune with just exhaust (which adds nothing power wise) is not worth much. OTS maps should be sufficient as those are based on stock cars.

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To piggy back on this thread I’ve etuned but never dyno tuned any advantages with remote dyno tune vs e tune?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Unless you want that extra hp at 5500 rpm, as far as you go with a tuner expert on this platform like Derek or John Vega, there should be little difference. Of course, remote dyno tuning will be faster and more refined, that may be convenient for some.
Sponsored