Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Is the ktuner worth it if you can't run phearable or tsp? I noticed it's quite a bit less hp using a ktuner without them so I'm not even sure if it's worth the money or not.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Definitely. It isn't just about max power, the drivability of the car as a whole is improved. Plus, there's no saying you wouldn't be supported down the line on OTS tunes. Get custom tuned if you're impatient.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you've read any of my thousands of tuning posts, I think you'd have your answer. Yes, even a basemap will transform your car. It isn't only about power numbers.

With a base tune you can improve throttle and turbo response greatly. Nearly eliminate lag. Even a KTuner base tune will vastly improve driveability, especially in the midrange.

You may think I'm exaggerating but the first time you put your foot into a KTuner 21, you'll think you have a small V6 or something.

And the base tunes have a feature the older locked tunes like TSP and Phearable don't. The ability to remove the built in high rpm knock control rise. This gives you consistent high end power pull after pull.

Feel free to check out my community tuning thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I contacted phearable to see if he can help out also.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies. I contacted phearable to see if he can help out also.
As much as I loved my year and a half of using the TSP 1, the Phearable tune is better. It's even smoother with a bit more top end power.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
As much as I loved my year and a half of using the TSP 1, the Phearable tune is better. It's even smoother with a bit more top end power.
After all my research that's what I realllyyy want to use.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Phearable assured me that my ecu is compatible even though it is not listed. Good to go, great customer service to reply on a Sunday!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
You won't regret it, even the base ktuner maps are amazing now with the knock tables removed. I like the mid range punch the base maps have over the Phearable or TSP ones where it's more linear. Also, phearable mentions you really should be running 94 octane to get all his power so if you can't financially or physically do this, I wouldn't spend the extra money on this tune and try the base ktuner first, you have to run on 91 but it runs well on 91, phearable may have increased knock control if you only run 91.

Just a heads-up.

Jay Bud

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
The Ktuner is worth it! These cars aren't worth owning without one. Beg, borrow, steal, just get one. Then a clutch if you're 6MT, with any tune/raise in HP/TQ it's inevitable.
Sponsored