First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought if you had the turbo that Honda recommends you only use 91... that's all I use.
Only the Sport and Sport Touring hatch, Si, and Type R models recommend 91. All the other trims, including the EX-T and Touring sedan and coupe, and non-Sport/Type R hatches recommend 87 minimum.
Sponsored

Jukeboxx13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit
Country flag
I swapped my trunk, front and rear dome lights to LEDs without any resistors and have no problems. Did the same on my last car - visors, front and rear dome lights, front doors, and trunk - no issues.
Some LEDs come with resistors.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some LEDs come with resistors.
Mine didn't come with resistors but I did noticed that when they are supposedly off they are on but very very dim. Hopefully nothing happens.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm getting mine done illegally lol. 18% all around, windshield tinting is illegal in Florida, more so than going past the 35% limit for windows haha. But now its been brought to my attention thats its ganna be hard to see at night (friend has 15%). Didn't think of this. Brain storming lol.
I have 20% all around, and 55% on the windshield. Works so perfectly during the day, and reduces glare at night without making it difficult to see. Going down a neighborhood road with no street lights is a little dark, but it isn't bad enough to force me to roll down the windows. I just drive a bit slower. And squint a little more. Ha!

Please ignore the dirty car, this is just for reference! :D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! Snapchat-1813423096

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L White
I have 20% all around, and 55% on the windshield. Works so perfectly during the day, and reduces glare at night without making it difficult to see. Going down a neighborhood road with no street lights is a little dark, but it isn't bad enough to force me to roll down the windows. I just drive a bit slower. And squint a little more. Ha!

Please ignore the dirty car, this is just for reference! :D

Snapchat-1813423096.jpg
May I ask what brand you got? This one girl at the shop that I was waiting in had 18% all around and I could see through it pretty clearly, but seeing your 20% which is pretty dark, has me worried about getting pulled over lol.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May I ask what brand you got? This one girl at the shop that I was waiting in had 18% all around and I could see through it pretty clearly, but seeing your 20% which is pretty dark, has me worried about getting pulled over lol.
Mine is the 3M ceramic. It does look even darker in this pic, partly because of the angle of the sun, but also because my windshield is tinted. Blocking all of the light from the front really makes the sides look like limo tint. Check out my garage, I have some other daytime pictures where it doesn't seem SO dark.

That being said, even with midday sun, it would definitely be noticeable by a police officer. Just depends on how heavily they enforce it where you are. Here the police are much more relaxed... getting pulled over for tint would be ridiculous. I know that many Californians have problems with that, so if where you are in Florida is similar then it might be a good idea to skip the heavy tint. Or at least the windshield tint.

One more thought: With the ceramic tint, even a lighter shade isn't useless. It really helps to reject the heat.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is the 3M ceramic. It does look even darker in this pic, partly because of the angle of the sun, but also because my windshield is tinted. Blocking all of the light from the front really makes the sides look like limo tint. Check out my garage, I have some other daytime pictures where it doesn't seem SO dark.

That being said, even with midday sun, it would definitely be noticeable by a police officer. Just depends on how heavily they enforce it where you are. Here the police are much more relaxed... getting pulled over for tint would be ridiculous. I know that many Californians have problems with that, so if where you are in Florida is similar then it might be a good idea to skip the heavy tint. Or at least the windshield tint.

One more thought: With the ceramic tint, even a lighter shade isn't useless. It really helps to reject the heat.
So I have been reading around as much as I can, but from what I understand, different brands could range in their darkness of tint even if its the same percentage. Do you happen to know anything about the Suntek CXP Carbon Ceramic? If not its ok, I'm just getting tired of googling so figured I would ask haha.

*After looking at your pictures, it makes me want to black out my grill even more now. Always wanted it done but surprisingly not many people know where to get their grill wrapped or plasti-dipped or what ever its called.

Last edited:

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have been reading around as much as I can, but from what I understand, different brands could range in their darkness of tint even if its the same percentage. Do you happen to know anything about the Suntek CXP Carbon Ceramic? If not its ok, I'm just getting tired of googling so figured I would ask haha.

*After looking at your pictures, it makes me want to black out my grill even more now. Always wanted it done but surprisingly not many people know where to get their grill wrapped or plasti-dipped or what ever its called.
What part of florida are you in?
DipYourCar is in coral springs, or go to http://www.dipyourcar.com/#store-locator-block put your zip and you should be able to locate a dip shop.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

As for the Suntek for what I have read (not an expert but I have been reading to get mine done) the CXP is carbon only, if you want carbon ceramic you need the CIR and it's top if the line from the suntek brand.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As for the Suntek for what I have read (not an expert but I have been reading to get mine done) the CXP is carbon only, if you want carbon ceramic you need the CIR and it's top if the line from the suntek brand.
Hm. I am by no means knowledgable when it comes to tinting. Brought my car in to my appointment for a groupon gift I got for the standard legal limit only to end up talking to a girl in the waiting room with 18% tint all around. It changed my mind lol. Pretty sure the guy told me the one I was interested is ceramic, 2nd best from infrared?
http://www.ultimatetintexperts.com/pricing

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I had considered the Suntek CXP as well. I did a lot of research before I got mine and I don't necessarily remember specifics, but the 3M ceramic was regarded as having the lowest occurrence of problems or complaints. The CXP is a nano-carbon film, which is great, but ceramics tend to outperform it. That was over a year and a half ago, so I don't remember all of the technical information. The bottom line from my experience with mine:

It's as clear as the day I got it with no streaking, bubbling, or distortion. No interference with electronics or reception. It may have actually cured at a little darker than the 20% from what I remember on the first day, but for what I was looking for it's perfect. If I remember correctly, the installer said something about 3M being one of the brands that cure a tiny bit darker, so it may actually be 18%.

And thanks! I'm glad you like the blacked out grille. I did it myself, personally. I had the bumper off for my custom horn project, so I pulled the grille while I was at it. Made it much easier to dip. A friend of mine did her car with the grille still on. It turned out great, and it was her first time using Plastidip for a larger job. The great thing about dip is that you can always pull it off and start over. Give it a shot, a can is only 8 bucks!

Also, white looks freaking sweet with the chrome dipped black.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm. I am by no means knowledgable when it comes to tinting. Brought my car in to my appointment for a groupon gift I got for the standard legal limit only to end up talking to a girl in the waiting room with 18% tint all around. It changed my mind lol. Pretty sure the guy told me the one I was interested is ceramic, 2nd best from infrared?
http://www.ultimatetintexperts.com/pricing
Yeah, I checked the website you linked and it says CXP ceramic, weird, the oficial suntekfilms website says other wise.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had considered the Suntek CXP as well. I did a lot of research before I got mine and I don't necessarily remember specifics, but the 3M ceramic was regarded as having the lowest occurrence of problems or complaints. The CXP is a nano-carbon film, which is great, but ceramics tend to outperform it. That was over a year and a half ago, so I don't remember all of the technical information. The bottom line from my experience with mine:

It's as clear as the day I got it with no streaking, bubbling, or distortion. No interference with electronics or reception. It may have actually cured at a little darker than the 20% from what I remember on the first day, but for what I was looking for it's perfect. If I remember correctly, the installer said something about 3M being one of the brands that cure a tiny bit darker, so it may actually be 18%.

And thanks! I'm glad you like the blacked out grille. I did it myself, personally. I had the bumper off for my custom horn project, so I pulled the grille while I was at it. Made it much easier to dip. A friend of mine did her car with the grille still on. It turned out great, and it was her first time using Plastidip for a larger job. The great thing about dip is that you can always pull it off and start over. Give it a shot, a can is only 8 bucks!

Also, white looks freaking sweet with the chrome dipped black.
I don't have experience with anything when it comes to cars aside from learning how not to get ripped off haha. So I would be nervous to try plasti-dipping myself. But thats so cheap! 8 bucks :O Yea, I want my car all white and black with no chrome other than the Honda emblem possibly.

As for bubbling, debris or etc, its life time warranty :3 A
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.